What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked it up. They are minced meat, any kind, with onions and spices of choice. Patted into "meatballs" or little "cakes" and rolled in flour and/or breadcrumbs and fried in a little oil. (correct me if i'm wrong). Kind of croquettes.

That's It , But I don't beadcrumb mine but Im sure they would taste just as good
default_smile.png

That looks yummy. I need to cut back on beef some. I am not digesting it well again sometimes. Could easily sub ground turkey.

I have to cut the recipes down for just the two of us or in half and freeze some. Reiman publications used to put out a magazine called "cooking for two", but they discontinued it. Wish they hadn't-I really liked it.

Supper last night was very simple, ceasar salad and garlic toast. Today I'm not at all sure, I'll have to think of something. I did hot lunch today (as every Wednesday) and made a huge batch of macaroni and cheese (from scratch), served with ham cubes, cucumber and sweet pepper slices, with frozen yogurt tubes for desert. A lot of the staff abandoned the lunch they brought from home in favour of old fashion 'comfort food' lol. Good thing I made so much

Last night we tried a recipe called "Fake 'Em Out Lasagna", but I would just call it Baked Ravioli. You take a 27 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, a 30 oz. bag of frozen cheese or meat tortellini and 2 cups of shredded mozzerella. Spray or oil lightly a 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the sauce and 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mix in the baking dish. Spread half the bag of ravioli over it. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over. pour 1/2 the remaining sauce over. Then the rest of the ravioli. Then the last of the sauce. Cover with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle remaining cheese over. Leave uncovered. Bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Fast and easy anyway.

Tonight's an easy chicken pie with stuffing for a "crust". An Yogurt Pie for dessert. I think I put the pie on here before, but it's always a favorite and easy to do. Just a premade graham or shortbread crust. 1-3 oz. jello mixed with 2-6 oz. yogurts and 8 oz. of Cool Whip dessert topping folded in. Then chill for at least 2 hours. Lime jello with key lime yogurt; peach with peach; watch the "strong" jello flavors-like cherry, they are a bit overpowering. Oh, you can use Yoplait Whips" but fold it in slow and gentle and it doesn't firm as well; but the chocolate or chocolate raspberry with raspberry jello is good.

I was surprised. H cleaned his plate last night, and it was a pretty generous helping too! I had put the peas and celery in that he usually doesn't like in one dish meals. I think he liked the stuffing topping. I went super easy and used Stovetop herb flavor. I was going to mix up my own to be healthier, but got lazy again. We each had a quarter wedge of the pie (oh the sugar content!).

Tonight is ham and noodles and any leftover pie,

you are making some yummy food. I've been a real slouch larely, mostly "making" frozen pizza, salads, and sandwiches (and some of those were store deli bought!). Greek yogurt and protein bars are another staple. I love to cook, but just been too busy with everything to feel much like it most days.

Today, I made a big batch ofolf faithful, turkey chili. It smells great and we like to eat it for days in a row. I'm going to take some to our friend who likes it, too. Will have it with salad and sour dough bread for a few days and maybe make nachos of it one night.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a pasta salad using the veggies I put in spaghetti salad (lots of diced peppers, cucumbers, purple onion, and purple onion). I load it with the veggies to reduce the carbs and use bottled and powerered Italian dressing. You serve it cold and can put pepperoni or other meat to make it into a meal vs a side dish. This time, though,I'm planning to use either elbow macaroni, or corkscrew pasta... So I guess it won't be spaghetti salad this time!

Last night's Ham and Noodles was real Yummy. Had the bakery butter bits rolls. H and I ate hearty. Tonight we are trying an Amish recipe I found called "Just A Quickie":

1 pound ground beef

1 onion, diced

1-15 oz. can creamed corn

1 pkg. Instant mashed potatoes (4-6 servings)

Brown ground beef with onions. Mix in corn. Put in a casserole dish. Top with prepared instant potatoes. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Sounds like it's a quick version of Shepard's Pie. Tomorrow night I am going to finally make that easy Quiche with the Bisquick. We have too many eggs and there's ham leftover to put in it.

I didn't make the spaghetti salad until early this morning before I left for the office, however,I think that will play a role when it comes to a late dinner tonight
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't checked in in awhile, been very busy getting horses bathed and clipped for pictures.

Tonight we had hot dogs and beans, last night we had chicken strips and fries, all easy stuff, not sure what I'm fixing tomorrow, need to go to the feed store in the morning aqfter feeding, then bath two mares so they can clipped. Busy time of year

I don't think I am ever going to actually try that quick Quiche! Made spaghetti and salads for supper last night instead. For tonight, I have country style pork "ribs" in the slocooker in BBQ sauce. Then baked potatoes and a veggie. Tomorrow night I am going to slocook chicken parmagiana.

Well, I'm once again figuring I'm too lazy to cook tonight, and I MUST have planned it since I got some grocery store deli sub and wrap items on my way home today. Will be eating that tonight and tomorrow with some salads. We both like them, though, so not feeling too guilt ridden! Will be making some kind of crock pot chicken for Friday, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm craving red beans and rice (the kind from a box). I like to add diced bell peppers, onion & canned tomatoes to it to cut the carbs and make it healthier, but so it's not too healthy (heaven forbid), I like to top it with melted cheddar cheese and sour cream! Planning to have that for dinner with tossed salads.

Ended up not slocooking the chicken parmagiana. Did it on the stovetop. The chicken breast HALF that I cut in two was HUGE. They were each about 2 inches thick! They didn't really pound flat, so I cooked them slowly and they were good. H ate everything on his plate and had a big bowl of apple cobbler too. I like to see him eat good. He needs to.

Was going to get the Lino's Pizza Special tonight, but the ole pocketbook is getting close to having butterflies in it and payday's 5 days off-so ???? not sure what I am going to do tonight.

Latest posts

Back