What should I do with Josie and what is happening

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok as promised here is the video
default_smile.png
its a little dark... but you should be able to still see everything
default_smile.png

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j393/cassie_king1/?action=view&current=IMG_0522_x264.mp4

She is just precious! Thanks Cassie for showing that! It is very confusing on how to change it, and you made it simple!

Yay!!!! I did it!!!! I had to get on a regular pc to do it! I have been posting from my phone and It wouldn't let me edit my thread! I keep meaning to post pictures but I have been so busy, so I might be able to do it tonight! I think I might have another video too!

HELP!!!! Josie has been rubbing her sides EXTENSIVLY on our fence and now she has a huge sore on her shoulder that is about 2 1/2- 3inches in diameter!!!!!! It is big and she won't stop rubbing!! It has been pretty warm, so a blanket is kind of warm for her to wear! She now has smaller sores on her other shoulder and she has one started on her forehead!!! What can I do???? I will try to post pictures of her sores!

Yes pics would help, do you have a lot of flies?

Is Jasmine rubbing too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will have to go take some recent pictures, since her sores have grown! Jasmine only rubs on her mane, but she has always done that. We have a few bugs, but I don't know why she would rub such a big sore! She does have a big fluffy foal coat, but she is rubbing her shoulder almost raw!!! I have a picture of her from a couple of weeks ago, but I will take some new ones and post them! Is there anything we can put on her or on the fence to stop her from rubbing?

Here is the picture!

She set up her feet like this herself! We didn't even notice it until we looked at the picture!! Ha ha!

Josie about a month old.JPG

This picture I posted was of her good side, but she made sores on this side now too!!
default_sad.png
I will post pictures of this side with the sores and the other side has the sore that is about 2 1/2-3in in diameter! It is awful and she won't stop irritaing it now! It just keeps growing! She has been in her stall now for the past two days because of awful weather and she irritates it in the barn too, not just in the pasture!

I agree with Diane, it is a lovely photo but we can't see her sore so can't help. Can you post a close up?

If I ever sold this filly (which I'm not) how much would she be worth, since she is a filly, from the buckeroo and komoko lines, and her color?

Here are just some updated pictures of Josie!! She loves playing with her ball and she just discovered her little run-in shed! Ha ha! She is just a joy to have around!

Josie in shelter.jpg

Josie running.jpg

Josie with ball.jpg

Her nose is really turning black! She was born all one color and now her nose is really turning black, along with around her eyes as you can see in the picture where she is in the run-in shed! That is the most recent picture, and you can really see it!

I don't like the look of that sore patch, it could be lice but I would get the vet to take a look if I was you. As to here value I will leave that to the American ladies as prices are different here in Europe
default_smile.png

I would want a vet to look at that too. It looks swollen (from the pics) and like it needs to be treated.. maybe even drained if there is an infection under the skin. I wouldn't wait long to get someone out there either. Has it grown since you noticed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it isn't an open sore but it does get swollen and she has about 4-5 other smaller patches like it around her body! She runs her sides on our fence and this is what happened. We have been putting vetricine and bag balm on it everyday but it doesn't seem to be healing very quick

Is there anything I can do to prevent her from rubbing her sides on our fence and on objects in her stall? I can put a blanket on her, but it gets full of hay and other stuff from being outside, plus it is getting warm here.

Her coat is about 1-2 inches thick and I will get some of that cream and try it! Our dog chews on his toes and between his pads also, so I should try it on him too!! Thanks for the advice! Can u clip them with a regular clipper you would use to clip big horses bridle paths and whiskers? That us the only clipper I have!

Latest posts

Back