What have you bought new this year.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Besides our wonderful Minis.

Well, I have been on a shopping spree

Bought:

martingale

Jumps

Cordless clippers

new halters 6

miniature horse panels

circle pen(light weight)to take to the shows.

Oh My I think I have bought to much this year.

What about you? Maybe I forgot something
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a bigger mini so I had to buy a bigger harness and a bigger cart. Then I bought a new (to me) cart for my mare so we wouldn't have to hold up the classes while we switched from one horse to another. The "new" cart had a gold stripe with brass tips so I had to get a harness for her that had brass fittings. I think you see how this ball just keeps rolling and getting bigger! LOL

Gosh, I don't think I've bought much this year, but did get carried away in the past, so I've been selling those items at cost or less than what I paid... I sold 4 size 76 blankets I bought last fall for the horse I lost this June (he's usually hard on blankets, so I bought extra, then he wore this one really well, I buried him with the one he wore all winter); a few years ago, I bought a couple silver-trimmed stock halter, never used (never will), so sold them; sold some mini halters I bought that are too small for everyone here (really cheap), and I have more I could clean out of the tack room.

I do need to buy at least one new mini halter; I have one that has outgrown her halter, but I have no new red ones in the right size, so must buy one for her. Early this spring, I did buy a set of nice used ClipMaster clippers for first spring clip.

Nothing to do with horses, but did get very carried away buying quilt fabric this year, I have enough to last quite some time, now to get busy and work on something.

I just bought a Pasture Vac. I got tired of asking my hubby to collect the manure and this has SOOO many features I can use I FINALLY broke down and ordered it. It will be here in October!!!! I cannot wait!!!!

It will even vaccum the outdoor shelters! Yea!!!!!

Greystone Pasture Vac

Oh and my new computer with Windows 7 just arrived. Finally working at warp speed again!

Joanne, please let us know how you like the pasture vac when you get it, would you? That's something that I've been wanting for a while now, but not sure just how useful it really would be. I imagine that it would be a terrific tool though!

I've been good this year, I've only bought some foal blankets early this year and a lightly used harness just recently. Usually I'm quite the consumer, but buying dewormers in bulk is about all I've done on any regular basis lately. I really do need a show cart with longer shafts though, hmm....
default_wink.png

I am thrilled to say that I bought one of Sherri Volz's black pinto fillies, Mini Gaits Hello Tinkerbelle. We look forward to having her out on the pinto circut for next year.
default_yes.gif

Oh and my new computer with Windows 7 just arrived. Finally working at warp speed again!
Thank you for reminding me... My new computer is waiting for me to pick it up, I have a meeting in town Monday, so will get it then. And, this summer fiber optic line was laid and we are supposed to be hooked up soon, so then I'll have high-speed.

Let's just say free things...aren't.
default_rolleyes.gif
So I got a free colt last August. He needed a barn halter, new fencing, feed bucket, water bucket, new grain, heated water bucket for winter, the works. As spring approached I realized I didn't have enough clipper blades to do two horses regularly, nor fine enough blades to do facials for halter. Went to Valley Vet online and bought quite a few. Wait, need more Snap-And-Straps to hang his buckets at the shows. Hmm, need another door panel too. Come to think of it, how am I going to haul two minis who don't get along in my big-horse trailer?? Gotta buy a new trailer divider system! While I'm at it I'm going to put in those shelves I've always wanted in the tack room. Okay, trailer's looking great, time to fill it. I need an organizer system for the shelves, new Rubbermaid tubs to go under the shelves, I should go through my old emergency kit for the first time in about twenty years and oh yeah! What about making new harness racks?

Before I can clip him I need blankets since he won't fit the ones I have for my older gelding. New stable blankets, outer blankets, neck covers (it's April and freezing here in the NW, after all), a sleazy, tail bag, sun-protection spray and a good creme rinse for that easily-bleached and oh-so-brittle mane...razors and shaving foam and vicks since he's not gelded yet. Don't forget the tictacs to get his attention in the ring. Oh, and new baby wipes too as mine have dried out. Need new baby oil too.

But wait! I still need a show halter, which actually means a halter, lead, conchoes, chin chain and halter bag. Phew! Think I'm almost done!

Um, actually, turns out that stud colt won't respect my old hog panel door guards and can't share a stall with my older boy but I can't afford three stalls and still need a tack area. Quick, give $230 to the local "mini make-it" guy for a telescoping steel stall divider! Then I can separate the colt from my tack and use one stall for both. Gee, guess I'd better buy a plastic shelving system so I can store my stuff vertically. Oops, need another box fan too as the horses are dying in their airless show stalls. All this shopping exhausted me so I sat down in a spare chair at Showtime Tack. Jerry's offering a heck of a deal on that nice looking performance halter over there, which surely I'll need next year when Turbo starts doing obstacle and hunter. Oh, the heck with it. Think I've got one check left in the book....

Now my colt is 2.5 years old and I need cute matching Christmas stuff for the boys, a decent training surcingle, a new Myler bit, sidereins, brushing boots, better long lines, another open bridle...am I the only one who sees horse stuff for Christmas again??

And don't even get me started on the show harness for next year, the CDE harness for when he's four, and the pair and tandem stuff for driving the boys together!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Leia

Well, I moved from Indiana to Tennessee, and lets say I had to buy a few things before the move. Halters and leads for all to get them here. Paid a person to care for them since I got down here first to get settled in,,,a penny or two for coggins for 11 horses,,,a dime or two to transport 11 horses down here,,,a quarter or two for all the fencing,,,and a dollar or two for the 2 new barns on order. So, maybe I bought a little
default_smile.png

Naaa, you didn't buy too much Reble.

Hmmmm, I got 30 stall mats for the new barn,100tons of gravel to spread around the barn, rubber pavers for the barn's center aisle, cordless clippers, busy snacker hay bags for everyone (even got a few extra) and an electro groom vacuum. I was hoping to get the electrogroom new/used, but it was sold, so I broke down and got a new one. It really does a great job, even on those white horses that have been rolling in red clay!

I think that is about it, I am on the search for a lightly used hyperbike and/or an open wheeled show cart, but haven't come across any yet (within a reasonable distance)LOL!

A huge honkin horse vacuum that has two motors, you can use one or both (just one if you are using it for lower legs, faces, and sensitive spots). You can also use it as a blower/dryer, the air is pulled past the motors so it is a warm air (not hot, it is a comfortable warm air). It is quiet too, didn't even startle my yearling. The brushes are made in a fashion that they don't latch onto the hide (occassionally, but they come free very easily)

I know, I know, shop vacs work too, but this thing is awesome!

I looked at it this way, it can be used on our very hairy black lab, on the horses, esp. in the winter, and if I end up not using as much as I expected, a quality item always retains more value if I should sell it (but I don't see that happening anytime soon).

I've been good! Unless you count poking my friend Jules into buying horses that is!
default_laugh.png

So far this year I've been good! All I can think of that I got was a couple of T-shirts with our farm name on them.

So glad I am not the only spender here.

Boy you guys have been shopping
default_aktion033.gif

That electro groom vacuum sounds wonderful
default_yes.gif

The thing that I got this year that stands out and I LOVE. Are the speed feeds. LOVE the lightness to do faces and ears. Thats it for me!

Well I SOLD more then bought so that is a good thing ...I have been very good...Yesirreeee...I did get a little truckster for around the barnyard.
yes.gif
I want to paint it PINK camo so my hubby will leave it alone
wink.gif

I haven't bought very much this year. Just Reva...and technically she was bought last year, though we didn't get her home until this year....and Zoom....and now Cody.

Then there were 5 nylon halters and 5 cotton leads from Nationals.

Two Victor halters and 3 sets of Showtime conchos. Oh, and a BKM show halter. I am a show halter addict!!

We won't count the too numerous parts & repairs on my truck...absolutely necessary for towing the horse trailer...

It looks like I'm in good company here.

I bought my first mini this year and he had to have everything. The horse, the stable halter, the fly sheet and mask, the sheet, a stick to measure him with, a feed scale to measure his feed, thousands of Ziplocks to package his feed in, tubs to put the Ziplocks in, grooming supplies, show halter and accessories, and so many other little details. Oh, but wait! Had to take my hubby to a show and got the new horse a new horse as a friend. So, I guess we get to start the whole thing over again.
default_biggrin.png

I finally got a NewerSpreader! Bought used off CraigsList. Love it! It works great. Hubby hauls the 5gl bucket of manuer over to the folks farm every day and usually tosses it on the garden or hillside. What a pain that was! Now it takes a week to fill up the NewerSpreader and then he spreads it with the ATV. What a time and shoulder/back saver.

Also got some new barn halters in bright colors and me some ball caps to match. We are styling now!

Besides our wonderful Minis.

Well, I have been on a shopping spree

Bought:

martingale

Jumps

Cordless clippers

new halters 6

miniature horse panels

circle pen(light weight)to take to the shows.

Oh My I think I have bought to much this year.

What about you? Maybe I forgot something
default_wink.png
a dog?

Latest posts

Back