What have you bought new this year.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A family friend became ill and asked us to take in a mini,biggie,2 goats and a cat they couldn't take care of them financially anymore.They gave us 3 big hay/grain feeders,2 sets of clippers,halters,bridles,water tanks,panels,a klene pipe run in shelter(we put together) and lots of misc.Once we got the barn together then I needed,mats,new feeders etc. Sadly our friend passed but the animals have a forever home here.Sounds like we all like to shop for our animals more than ourselves,lol.

Horse-wise, my only purchases this year are to buy Erica's interest out in Destiny (couldn't part with him every other year) and non-exciting items such as feed / hay, vaccines, and dewormer! However, in years past, I've bought lots of durable "stuff"
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do need a show cart with longer shafts though, hmm....
default_wink.png
Ditto!!

I did buy more this year then I intended to

new ASPC pony

heated water buckets for everyone

and though I said I was totally DONE DONE DONE I did buy Raven a new horse at Nationals..

now we are DONE with the exception of a cart - I am thinking I want a Pacific Smart Cart

Hmmm -- well, 3 horses, another Lutke harness for Kristy & a gorgeous jewelled show halter for Kristy at Nationals.

Sold 11 horses, and a show cart though so I wasn't too bad this year. LOL

I'll mention a few things like the round pen from Linda Reinders and a small cart for Tacara because she's only 28 inches and our carts were too large.

We bought a mare and foal from Ruth Sammon's partial dispersal and we wanted to help in her time of need, didn't hurt that the baby was from our Dazzle stallion and we were able to bring him back home too
default_wub.png
Dazzle will stay on Nixons Hill forever and he knows it
default_yes.gif

Let's see!

I bought O So, my first mini! Then I had to buy a lunge/longe/lounge line! LOL I also had to buy a new whip to help in the lunging. I bought a halter that was to big, then had to send it back and get a smaller one that was to small! LOL So my 6.00 halter cost me around 25 bucks! Then I bought a western halter that I thought fit him, but found out it needs some adjustments. Will do that soon. I also bought a Equine Spirit ball!! He loves it! Oh, and I just bought a bareback pad that I plan to use for my dog to ride on O So, or make some saddle bags to have O So haul while we are on our walks!

The year is not over yet, so I'm sure I will buy him more goodies!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Well, when I got done paying for the overnight clinic visit for the filly in May, the multi-day hospital stay for the colt who choked in June, and half of the colic surgery on Max in July... shall we say there isn't much $$$ left to buy "things"??

Well, when I got done paying for the overnight clinic visit for the filly in May, the multi-day hospital stay for the colt who choked in June, and half of the colic surgery on Max in July... shall we say there isn't much $$$ left to buy "things"??
I have had those years in the past with big horses, never fun, I just shake my head when people gripe about a few hundred dollars in vet bills, clueless......

I've been pretty good this year.

2 sheets

1 winter blanket

1 mini saddle

In addition to the "normal" stuff (halters, leads, blankets etc...) I bought 6 of the Busy Snackers hay bags, 2 show halter bags, a sign, and....a new to me trailer!! I've got a couple more things on my list of things I'm thinking of buying before the year is out!!

I think just abouthe only thing I bought this year was a set of cordless clippers because BOTH of mine died! That's about it. I've been VERY good this year, however the year ain't over yet!
default_biggrin.png

Ponies.....................

But apart from that, I bought a set of new Double K clippers with the 20ft cord...oh what a difference! I had purchased a used set of double k's back a few years ago with the short cord and they were just to frustrating on account of the short cord. So its nice to see the nice blue shine hanging up in the feed/tack room
default_biggrin.png

A couple show halter, a smaller 2 horse trailer recently to use when picking up/transporting just 1-2 ponies. Lots of other things besides grain, hay, suppliments, beet pulp, wormer, bedding, vaccinations ext...

I was very good this year. The few things I did buy I bought at Nationals. We bought some new chains for the show halters and 12 new barn halters and a back number holder for the second cart and side number holders for both show carts. I did look at a lot of things I needed at nationals that my pocketbook and my hubby would not allow.
default_rolleyes.gif

Now I did buy some things for us to travel with so I could stop using trash bags. We always stay in stalls, so when the place we get our personalized shirts from had garment bags and duffle on sale, I got some with our little logo on them, but that is for us--not the horses.

and side number holders for both show carts.
Oh thanks for all the replies, the only thing I mist to buy, I would like is side number holders for our cart. I knew I missed something.
default_biggrin.png

Boy I think I just about have everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
This spring I bought an 83 van.

hawksnest.jpg

With a lot of help from my wonderful Grandad, we pulled out the bed and stove, put in a standing stall, and viola, my new horse hauler/camper!

dscn8135.jpg
dscn8136.jpg

2010NATIONALS005.jpg

FFF Entertainer's Academy Cadet

We bought a new show horse in March that is ASPC/AMHR stallion and is in the Futurity. He placed 5 in his Futurity class as a weanling and 10th in his open class.

His full sister, Demi was last years Futurity Mare Weanling Champion and had Multiple Top Tens plus this year she did very well again in Futurity and all her other classes and being a Nationals Champion again. Congrats goes to John and Diane Taylor from "Birch Tree Farm" with Brooke showing Demi as well at the Nationals this year !!

We have another horse coming later this fall that will be added to our show string as well being a bay pinto filly that has an awesome upright neck and very refined girl with a trot to die for.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back