What happened

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought really hard about responding to this. I also started 2 threads and erased them before I sent.

What truly bothers me is some very dear people to me were hurt badly. We have some members that cannot afford to be hurt anymore. For whatever reasons, right now, there packs are full. How dare you throw another stick on their back.

Lisa, I am embarrassed on behalf of those involved, and I truly am sorry life is not kind to you right now. We are talking about a very small number of people. Your leaving LB will not stop them, they are who they are. Maybe some day they will have the guts to fess up and apologize with more than a half hearted, not me, comment.

Kay, I dont know you personally, but same goes. You add a lot to the forum and it is the other lot that should leave, not you.

Marty, dear dear Marty. You have been through enough. I have so loved hearing the smile in your posts lately. We all know you had nothing to do with any of it. It is not in your soul.

Mary Lou, since the ones involved do not have the spine to stand up and admit wrong and apologize publicly, I will do it. I am sorry this took place on your forum. What you and the other moderators do is undervalued and the majority of us do so appreciate it. I would not blame you if you closed the entire thing, but I sure hope you dont.

Lets not give those few the satisfaction of this taking up so much of our energy and go on to better things.

New comer pointed this out to me. :DOH!

Again one of our rules....

NO TROLLING - What is a troll? It's a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing. Sometimes trolls get their friends to join in or post under different names. Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention. If you see a message like this, please try and refrain from replying to it - it may well be locked/deleted anyway. Trolling is further considered one of two things. Either continual running a topic into the ground incessantly, or dragging up old arguments against a specific user/group/ect. long after they're appropriate discussion and targeting them specifically in arguments needlessly. Trolling is the first step towards outright harassment of other members. This is the single biggest no-no in the community. Letting every argument drop isn't always a possibility, but learning when to let things go is a valuable tool, and not just in this community.

The reason it was removed was because there were many many deeply personal, emotional and spritual experiences that were shared on that forum that the majority of people on forums like this one would not only NOT understand, but would probably ridicule. Plain and simple.

Deeply, personal, emotional, yes that was me! Poured my heart out as usual and flooded myself with tears trying to reach Michael from beyond the grave. Yes now the whole world knows I never stopped trying to contact my boy any way I could. And yes these people were helping me try to heal. They were good to me, sent me prayers for healing and healing crystals. I trusted them. Believed in them. And now I feel like they were laughing at me too the whole time behind my back. Were you? Did I give you all a good laugh?

I do still not understand why.

The Pastor was here at the house just last night I guess when this all hit the fan and was assuring me once again the only way I will see my son again will be in heaven. Maybe this is my wake up call that I am supposed to trust God again somehow.

Marty

For what its worth I feel the same way. I didnt post much to that forum but somehow feel betrayed for not knowing that it was public. I shared some very personal stuff too and now wonder if it was all for the benefit of some of the others. I havent been there for several months but still feel like somehow now will be labeled by what some have done. I never gave up on God and never will but did find the talents of some of those people astounding and do think I have a feeling heart and when it first began it felt like a place where that could be shared. How did it come to this?

I have no clue about the "secret" or "private" forum that you all are speaking of...I'm not one of the "invited"...and frankly I'm glad I'm not...having not know what was is said in that forum or what was said to make so many LB people upset (including Lisa), I still find myself now seriously second guessing some people on THIS forum. What a shame!

I was watching the topic last night where all the stuff was being said and i just wanted to add on here that i have always heard so many good things about lil beginners and it was my friend that got me to register for this forum. she was always talking about how much she loved this forum and how much she loved the people on it. she spent more time on the forum in school then she spent in her classes. but when i heard about all that it got my attention i figured i could share my love for horses with people who feel like i do. last night was nothing about horses. i realize people got hurt from this "secret forum" but IF them people were picking on others they shouldnt let it get to them. thats like the drama happening here at highschool. dont take what was said personal but it was a very low to turn somebodys topic asking for peoples opinions got turned into a she said this about you. mary lou and reo didnt work as hard as they did to make this site for people to take their forums meant for people to talk about their horses thats what it needs to go back to not some feuding families forums. i hope things start going back to normal

Britt

Why are the trolls still allowed to post here?

The heading "Here's an EVIL idea for LB" should be enough to get them all banned from here for good.

All they want to do is stir up trouble-lets give them the ax!

Yes this forum is about little horses, also. like myself, I find this place a nice place to come and "talk to others" when you don't have close family to do so with. But thanks to the loosers that think it is funny to hurt so many people, I don't think LB will ever be the same. It seems we lost a lot of the real important ones, and of course the trouble makers will stay and linger.. Why do you all leave and leave us, the people who don't hurt other human beings, alone.. If you must hurt and bother people go do it some where else.. You are not welcome here, as I am sure others will agree..So don't let the door hit ya you know where.. TAKE YOUR LIES, GAMES AND HURTFULINESS SOMWHERE ELSE ALREADY
default_smileypuke.gif
YOU people are enough to make someone sick..

The reason it was removed was because there were many many deeply personal, emotional and spritual experiences that were shared on that forum that the majority of people on forums like this one would not only NOT understand, but would probably ridicule. Plain and simple.

Deeply, personal, emotional, yes that was me! Poured my heart out as usual and flooded myself with tears trying to reach Michael from beyond the grave. Yes now the whole world knows I never stopped trying to contact my boy any way I could. And yes these people were helping me try to heal. They were good to me, sent me prayers for healing and healing crystals. I trusted them. Believed in them. And now I feel like they were laughing at me too the whole time behind my back. Were you? Did I give you all a good laugh?

I do still not understand why.

The Pastor was here at the house just last night I guess when this all hit the fan and was assuring me once again the only way I will see my son again will be in heaven. Maybe this is my wake up call that I am supposed to trust God again somehow.
Marty , I am so sorry you were betrayed. I so feel for your loss. If I were you I would probably do the same thing, try to contact my child anyway I could. It is hard to just let go.

It is ok that you were trying to do anything in your power to reach Michael- DONT be ashamed of that!

I cant believe SUPPOSED Healers were doing such a HORRIBLE thing!! What goes around comes around, they WILL Get theirs even if we never see it. They wont see Micheal cause he is above us and they will be below! They will regret being bad people, and saying bad things about others- Who are they?? NOBODYS! they need get their heads out of their a@6%% and be considerate human beings! They are not smarter or better than any of us on this forum. People come on the forum to LEARN and ask others who have experienced it. So then they are called stupid on the other forum and need a gun to the head!! Not even close to appropriate! WHY would anyone set up a game like this?? Sick individuals thats who! They are such small people that they will use others in Evil ways- isnt that what was said evil little plan to stir up LB... You people should be ashamed of yourselves and ask for foregiveness, and not be let on any forum again IMO...

You know... after the fact - any and all name-calling/bashing is pointless.

The hurt has been done... and there is no need to keep opening up wounds and posting things that someone said out of context etc. Although what Rabbit was quoted as saying was not anything she has not said here on this forum in the odd heated thread.
default_wink.png

I have no problem with other forums existing and people blowing off steam privately - but the game playing and fire-lighting and pot-stirring - all for laughs - is worthy of a a message board of fifth graders planning some playground antics. And yes - that is trolling...

Just as posting links to other forums with the intent of stirrring things up even further is... too many games being played IMO. And some seemed to enjoy that.

What also saddens me is seeing long time members here simply leave. Please do not do that - it solves nothing IMO - and this forum needs your insight and thoughts - even if we all do not always agree, that is how we all learn. And we never stop learning...

(((MARTY)))

I agree the people who are leaving because they are hurt- please DONT! I am new to LB and really like hearing from you and it will be a loss without you...

Basketmiss

Last edited by a moderator:
default_no.gif
So who was it exacally these people were picking on?
default_new_shocked.gif

I can't believe Kay is gone over this
default_sad.png
I hate how someone "chased" away some of our best members. Kay was going to do the Youth Judging for us who now
default_sad.png
This sucks. .. SO much.

Thats the same thing that I thought Devon. Shes done so much for us youth.

I've come back to this thread several times in the last few hours. A lesson here can be learned by ALL OF US. The internet is a very DANGEROUS communication tool. Anything that is posted here on this forum or any other can be found and used against you. Email works the same way as one hateful individual found out in my own life. Words can be taken out of context, contents can be forwarded around the world ruining reputations and relationships.

Personally, from what I've HEARD (not seen), I find this pathetic and childish. This forum is a wonderful venue for learning, establishing friendships, and advertising our farms and services. Frankly, I'm a little irritated that one of my major advertising venues is being trolled and chasing established members as well as new members away. People, it's those new members who keep our small equine business' alive and well!

As I've matured, I've learned not to take the bait and switch a number of "trolls" use to cause a heated arguement. A heated debate can be beneficial, an arguement is not. I've also learned to weed out those negative individuals from my inner circle. Yes, my inner circle has gotten much smaller over the past few years but I'm much happier because of it.

Lisa and KayKay, come back. I'll miss you even if no one else does! To our newbies, please don't let this discourage you. Most of us are willing to be understanding, to teach, and give you a guiding hand in your new adventures!

From what I understand (which really isn't much), there was another forum where some LB members were "venting" and "making fun" of LB and it's members. Something about they thought LB was too quiet and they wanted to liven it up, so played some sort of "joke" on the Shock Collar thread which according to one member was going to be revealed at some time. Some members who read what was said on the other forum, were extremely hurt by what was said and who said it. Lisa was one of them.

This is just what I gathered from reading the post last night, which really isn't much. The other forum has been locked, so no way to see what was said.

The hurt has been done... and there is no need to keep opening up wounds and posting things that someone said out of context etc. Although what Rabbit was quoted as saying was not anything she has not said here on this forum in the odd heated thread.
default_wink.png

I have no problem with other forums existing and people blowing off steam privately - but the game playing and fire-lighting and pot-stirring - all for laughs - is worthy of a a message board of fifth graders planning some playground antics. And yes - that is trolling...

Just as posting links to other forums with the intent of stirrring things up even further is... too many games being played IMO. And some seemed to enjoy that.

What also saddens me is seeing long time members here simply leave. Please do not do that - it solves nothing IMO - and this forum needs your insight and thoughts - even if we all do not always agree, that is how we all learn. And we never stop learning...

(((MARTY)))

Ok, public apology. You have one. This was not done with evil intent as portrayed but nothing I say will convince anyone of that. It went too far I agree. I could go into a long drawn out explanation of how this came to be but who among you will truely listen? My heart is so very sad over this and I am beyond sorry (especially to Marylou and Mona) and sad to everyone else. I will very willingly give up my place here on LB. I will miss so very many of you, but if you cannot see beyond one instance to all the good these folks have said and done over the years. How can we possibly defend ourselves from such vehemence? I am not evil or bad, many of you know me and what I do in my helping and healing, but I and the others are human, and if a human is not allowed a moment of folly, albeit this was not funny, before being judged and eliminated as trustworthy...I don't belong here. Maybe none of do...again, my sincerest apologies to all who have been hurt.

I am done speaking now and will not respond here. If you have something to say do it privately to keep this forum from any further suffering and indignity.

default_wink.png

(((MARTY)))
You are right I have heard Rabbit say some pretty rude things on here,to your face as it were! I never understand WHY?? There is freedom of speech BUT why be a*@holes? I mean if we want this world to go to heck fast then lets all be jerks to everyone and see what happens?? I can have freedom of speech just like everyone else , BUT I dont castrate people because they are less knowledgeable than me. Just because someone is a upfront person doesnt mean they should be rude... If you think these people are so stupid then just think it to yourself, WHY go on LB and say so or any other forum? Yes it is Christmas and I would hope that ALL people would be giving considerate souls, not just now but all the time. Thats the kind of person I am a good, helpful, willing, considerate person who would never hurt someone on purpose or not on purpose..

default_no.gif
I don't know what all happen, but I am so sorry for those who got hurt. Those who left please come back will miss you. Please don't let this make you leave. The forum has been so helpful to us and our family. .We love this forum. We would like to thank Mary Lou for having the forum. The sad part is Mary Lou is going through hard times, she don't need this right now. :DOH!

my prayers are with you.
default_pray.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My time is precious and I do not appreciate when it is intentionally wasted. Moderating troll threads is a waste of my time and a waste of everyone else's time.
default_nono.gif

My recommendation is to go back to the threads that are asking for legit advice and help those who are here to learn about minature horses.

Liz R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back