***Possibly pregnant***

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mshives

Reaction score
We rescued 2 mini mares in early February…late February/early March I noticed our 3 year old mares belly really growing. I purchased the EMLAB P-Test and ran 3…2 of them 3 weeks ago were dark blue 6+ months and the one I ran yesterday was light green saying she’d be late term. I collected off the ground however it was right when she peed into a puddle. We had the vet out last week who did abdominal ultrasound but all she could see was intestines. We’ll hopefully get her blood pregnancy panel back this week. Has anyone been in this situation? Any insight? We’re new to horses.

Attachments

• IMG_5997.jpeg
    IMG_5997.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5973.png
    IMG_5973.png
    14.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5626.png
    IMG_5626.png
    16.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5619.jpeg
    IMG_5619.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6016.jpeg
    IMG_6016.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
It can be tough with minis because most vets don't want to do an internal ultrasound, and external is mostly useless except at certain points. I would guess that collecting off the ground is pretty much worthless. You probably have a 50/50 chance of it being accurate. She sure does look round though. Did the vet say she was starting to develop an udder?

It can be tough with minis because most vets don't want to do an internal ultrasound, and external is mostly useless except at certain points. I would guess that collecting off the ground is pretty much worthless. You probably have a 50/50 chance of it being accurate. She sure does look round though. Did the vet say she was starting to develop an udder?
She did not see any udder. However I do believe she’s a maiden and I would put her at like a may/June delivery if she is pregnant.

Welcome Mshives! Your mares are very pretty and they definitely do look very round! I do not breed so have no advice - just congratulations on your little herd!

Thank you for supporting the rescue and the minis! Looking forward to learning what you discover about your mares over time, and wishing you tons of fun!

Welcome Mshives! Your mares are very pretty and they definitely do look very round! I do not breed so have no advice - just congratulations on your little herd!

Thank you for supporting the rescue and the minis! Looking forward to learning what you discover about your mares over time, and wishing you tons of fun!
Thank you! I do not breed either so it’ll be an added bonus!

Back