What happened to "Minnesota Nice"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene

Reaction score
I am in a state of shock, I just saw on the news http://www.kstp.com/ that a miniature horse was killed near Waseca MN. I don't know who the owners are, I havn't heard a name yet but my condolences to them whoever they are. How can anyone be so inhumane. I won't go into the details that are on the news link, you can view them if you choose.

Horrible beyond words !!!

They should find who did it and punish them severly.

Joyce

:no: this is just sick. I hope they find who ever did this, and they are put through what they did to this horse.
default_torch.gif
:

My Thoughts and prayers go out to the owners.
default_pray.gif
:

:no: I know, I had posted this on the back porch but had some trouble with the link to show people. It really is just unreal to hear this story.....so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with the owners and that poor mini.......
default_sad.png

That just breaks my heart, and makes me physically ill... :no:

That poor gorgeous horse, killed for being trusting, and going up to strangers. And what a horriffic thing to do to that poor horse!

I hope they find the miscreants that did this, and punish them severely!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of this poor, gorgeous horse...

Nancy

:eek: poor thing. :no: sad,very sad. i will look after my minis more often now becuase that place aint far from me. prayers going out to mini and the family. i'm scared now.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
I cannot imagine what kind of person could do such a thing. I have a feeling that they will get what's coming to them one way or the other. But that doesn't take away the pain of something so devastating for the poor owners. If updates come out please let us know Gene.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
I cannot imagine what kind of person could do such a thing. I have a feeling that they will get what's coming to them one way or the other. But that doesn't take away the pain of something so devastating for the poor owners. If updates come out please let us know Gene.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

What upset me just as much as the horrible act was the Sherriff's mealy mouthed quote...that he found it....

"disturbing"....... :eek: DISTURBING????? HELLO????

MA

:eek: :no: Ya know there's just no explaining such cruelty and maniacs. I love all horses but as you might know am a true Buckskin lover too. This picture looks familiar to me..does anyone know if she was recently sold or was for sale?

Prehaps not, maybe just saw her somewhere for another reason.

Was she pastured with others in a field with a barn in it? If they didn't know about it for a while where were the owners? Don't mean that the way it sounds, but just wonder what the set up was and if they need to reel in any others there.

My heart goes out to owners and may this beautiful mare(?) rest in peace! Hopefully she died quickly.I'm afraid what I would do if smeone did this to mine..I'm too old to care about the law in a case like that
default_yes.gif
:

Maxine

I also think this is HORRIBLE and can't believe it happened here in Minnesota.

Beyond how awful it was it did kind of bother me that the owners were not sure what day this happened, I think what I read was they "thought maybe around March 18th or so".

It is also totally completely disgusting what was done to the poor thing and it had to have taken a while to do what they did and I don't understand how that could happened without getting caught - it wasn't bad enough that they killed it, they cut it up too. How sick must the people be that did it. I hope was comes around goes around for them.

I guess on big farms with lots of acreage and lots of pastured horses you might not always see all your horses everyday, but I know I see ours at minimum morning and night for AM/PM feeding, and usually several times a day in between. If I am gone or out of town, we always have someone here doing the same. I'm always worry about them.

I know that is SO HORRIBLE! And here's the scary thing!

That town is RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!!!!

I'm going to warn my neighbors with horses about these people if they haven't already heard and I will tell them to be on the lookout!

Mini Horse Lover

(aka Shelby)

That is absolutely horrible, and very distressing. There are some seriously deranged people out there.

The owner is not sure when it happened, but certain it was after Saturday??? :no:

There is not an animal on our place (and we have quite a number) that is not checked every single day.

Latest posts

Back