What Coming Foal Are You MOST Excited About?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]I thought it might be fun to see which foal you are the most excited about for the coming year?
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I'm excited about all three of our coming foals, and all are new crosses, but the one I am probably the most excited about is Erica's Double Dipped x Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF)
cloud9.gif

Double is a perlino pinto granddaughter of Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU") and the sibling of many National Champions. She is due in April and if all goes well, this will be my second Destiny foal. The first being from her like colored paternal sister, Erica's Sweet as Sugar who is due in February. I am head over heels for Double's 2008 filly, our Cover Girl, and am just very excited to see what she and Destiny produce. Double has quickly become one of my favorite mares for how she is made and her personality
kiss.gif

Destiny is one of those once in a lifetime horses for me and I just cannot wait to see his foals both here and down at Erica's. He has had such a successful show career with a National Championship and Hall of Fame in halter and a National Grand Championship in driving. He is just a dream come true for me and has very much earned the privilege or retiring to "just" being a horse and making foals. Destiny is as good of a boy on the inside as he is on the outside, too (such a marshmallow!)
love0075.gif

And, at the risk of sounding blasphemous, doesn't Double x Destiny (Double Destiny) just have to be a good thing?
default_biggrin.png
:DOH!
default_biggrin.png

So, below are the parents of my most anticipated foal...

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Let's see and hear about your most anxiously anticipated 2009 foal!!!

happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif
happy0064.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Double Dipped, a/k/a "Double"[/SIZE]2004 32" AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare - Bandito Daughter / BTU Granddaughter - Sibling to Many National Champions

Double%201.jpg
Double%202.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a "Destiny"[/SIZE]

2004 33" AMHR / AMHA smokey silver black stallion -- co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion (halter) / National Grand Champion (driving) / Hall of Fame (halter)

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

Destiny%201.jpg
Destiny%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two foals that I am looking forward to.

The first is a Peacan Grove Chargers Customized baby out of my new General Patton Daughter: He is a multi AMHA World Champion and AMHA World Champion producer (out of General Patton daughters). This is one I do not plan to sell.

SayMyName.jpg

The other is out of Deiles Dakota Excellence. A Wittmaack Mickey Mouse daughter with the most beautiful head and long deep hip. She is a 20 year old silver dapple mare that I bought just two years ago with the gamble that she would give me a foal or two by my AMHR Reserve National Champion Windchaser. She was in foal to a very late baby when I bought her, too late to breed for the following year, so it has been a long wait. She is now US in foal. She is the dam of an AMHA World Grand Champion Junior Stallion as well an an AMHA Reserve Grand Champion Junior Mare that Alliance now ownes. Both of those Grand Champions are producing AMHA World Champions. Anyway, their sire is Windchaser's sire . So this breeding could be something else. Colt or filly, it will not be for sale.

Most of my other mares are in foal to either Windchaser or Desperado. Considering what they produce, I guess I could say I am excited about all of them. Unfortunatly, I have a lot of every other year mares, so some exciting breedings will have to wait till 2010.

I don't have time to post photos so will do that after as I have a blood test.

Anyway my most anticipated foal in 2009 would be the cross of my silver dapple stallion, Cross Countrys New Kid In Town(31") and my bay roan appaloosa mare, Risquefishers Winter Sky(30.75"). This will be Sky and Kids' first foal and it is due February/March 2009. If a filly I plan to keep it.

My second most anticipated foal of 2009 would be the cross of my grey pinto stallion, Goat Hills One For The Books(33") and the black bay mare, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy(36.5"). Dandy had such a gorgeous filly in 2008 that if she has a filly in 2009 I probably will keep it.

Well, we bred our first mares in 2006 and haven't had a live foal yet, so if we get any live foal in 2009, it will be a miracle as far as we are concerned. And we have gotten so superstitious that I will not post pictures, or even let you know who might be bred. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

I am extremely excited for all of my coming foals! These are going to be the first foals I have ever had on my property.

I have a two mares bred to my stallion Maple Hollows Sir Spot

IMAG001.JPG

They are NW Teeny Dutchess (Foxy) Picture is from when I first got her she looks much better now!

2008_0416jenaprom0025.jpg

and JLLs Dakota Rose (Dakota)

2008_0416jenaprom0022.jpg

One of the other mares is bred to our Double Destiny Son, Arions Destinys Magic Trick

IMAG002.JPG

She is Mars Rosebud (Mars)

montanaandsusanbabieswebsterflood04.jpg

And I have one other possible foal but it is highly doubtful since she had been bred every year and never had a foal, 9 yr old mare, and she is Akers King Lady (Lady)

Ladyanddiamondtransferpics018.jpg

default_wub.png

Mine is Little Kings Crimson Dream (a Supreme Dream daughter) X Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko (double BTU bred stallion going back to BTU 4x) ....she aborted back in September so i thought there was just no way, she was open for 09' and no baby coming...was going to show her early next spring a little bit and then try the breeding agian in the summer. Then, however, had her palpated and she IS in foal!! I am just SO thrilled, as i was planning to take her to Nationals in 09' and show her in the broodmare class....so plans are now back in action !

Little Kings Crimson Dream 32.5"

DreamMar.jpg

D11.jpg

X

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko 33"

x00narko1.jpg

I've got my plans as for whom is crossing to who next spring, i'm very excited about these crossings actually...im sending a few out...narko will be getting a few more mares and planning to allow Flyte one mare. I'm actually in the market currenlty for another bred mare for 09', keeping an eye open atleast, i have a few idea's.

Jill, I can't wait to see Destiny's foal either. He/she will be a looker
default_wink.png

Well, I only have one little one on the way and I'm extremely excited.

Bane's Egyptian King's Frosty (Lexus) (excuse the long feet...she's had them trimmed since then lol)

RoyalandLex1.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

Ravenwood Medalions Royalty (Royal)

DSCF0019-1.jpg

I've gotta get better pics of Miss Lexus (she always has her head down eating lol)

I'm excited for all of them, I always am!

Lately though ... Banana's showing a nice baby belly, really excited to see what she has in the spring!!

Samis Ovation De Banana

banana2.jpg

North Stars Valdez Y Basan

valarch.jpg

Course, Robin is having a full brother or sister to Hawk, my current driving horse; plus it'll be her 15th foal!

robin2.jpg

And Jamie, she's having her first (I hope, I hope, I hope!!), also bred to Valdez.

Circle J Just A Memory

jamie1.jpg

I could go on forever ... I'm easily excited ...
default_wub.png

Great thread.

I guess I'd be nuts if I wasn't excited about having a mare in foal to Glenns General Patton! Not a grandson or even a son, but the one and only Patton himself He's a 3x World Champion Get of Sire winner. The mare is a beautiful buckskin pinto, Little Kings She's a Buckin Beauty, a Little Kings Buckwheat daughter.

buckinbeauty.jpg

You all have some Exciting foals coming!!!

Jill, a Perlino and Destiny... What are the color possibilities??!!!

I have two babies coming... It's a tie...... I'm SO nervous and excited!!!!

Semi and Billy Idol... I'm just can't wait!

And Maggie (Magic Man daughter) and Little John... Can't wait!

~ Semi & Billy Idol ~

semimain.jpg
billyidol2.jpg

Maggie & Little John ~

littlejohnlg.jpg
maggielg4.jpg

Great thread.
I guess I'd be nuts if I wasn't excited about having a mare in foal to Glenns General Patton! Not a grandson or even a son, but the one and only Patton himself He's a 3x World Champion Get of Sire winner. The mare is a beautiful buckskin pinto, Little Kings She's a Buckin Beauty, a Little Kings Buckwheat daughter.

buckinbeauty.jpg
I am truly jealous I love Glenns General Patton and all of the offspring I have ever seen from him, I dont think I have ever seen one that I didnt like!

WOWZER!!! Where've you been hiding him???

Semi and Billy Idol... I'm just can't wait!

~ Semi & Billy Idol ~

semimain.jpg
billyidol2.jpg
Sandy, I LOVE Little John, but I have to say Semi and Billy makes me flip!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Great thread.

buckinbeauty.jpg
I am truly jealous I love Glenns General Patton and all of the offspring I have ever seen from him, I dont think I have ever seen one that I didnt like!
Thank you very much. If it weren't for the generous donation of this breeding by Ray and Martha to the Amateur Fund I wouldn't be able to do this! It was very nice of them.
default_wub.png

WOWZER!!! Where've you been hiding him???

Great thread.

buckinbeauty.jpg
Thank you very much. If it weren't for the generous donation of this breeding by Ray and Martha to the Amateur Fund I wouldn't be able to do this! It was very nice of them.
default_wub.png
Well first of all we have been hiding him on our stallions page, he is a coming 3 yr old so not a whole lotta advertisement for breeding or foals yet
default_laugh.png

But that is super nice of them and you should def. let me know what she has I would love to see it!!!
default_wub.png

I am very excited about our mare Little King's Boston Ballet, who spent a week or two over at Erica's with her guy Cross Country Take My Breath Away---Taker. She is due sometime around the end of February, have already been feeling it move around a lot. Here is our mare Ballet in her show days-

ballet3.jpg

She looks a lot different now
default_laugh.png

I am very excited about our mare Little King's Boston Ballet, who spent a week or two over at Erica's with her guy Cross Country Take My Breath Away---Taker. She is due sometime around the end of February, have already been feeling it move around a lot. Here is our mare Ballet in her show days-
ballet3.jpg

She looks a lot different now
default_laugh.png

OOOHHHH LUCKY YOU!! Taker is stunning and so is your mare. The color on both is so rich!! This should be one phenomenal foal and I will be quietly anticipating the foal announcement on this one!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Well I "might" be having 2 new foals next year
default_smile.png

But I am the MOST Excited about this Cross
default_laugh.png

Sire: Fallen Ash Farms Mine By Design National Top Ten/Honor Halter Champion
default_wub.png

A/R Smokey Black Tovero 31.25" Dark Design SON
default_biggrin.png

I have LOVED this Stallion Since I first Got into Minis and I can't thank Sharon Enough!

Dam: Lazy Bear Lady Sapphire
default_wub.png

A/R Sorrel 33.5" Rowdy Bred

This is the 5th Try and she Finally Took!!! I've been waiting 4 Years for this Foal!

Design.jpg
Sapphirehead208.JPG

I am most excited about my new addition and her little package

My number 1 is

Owens GCF Buckeroos High Society bred to Triple KS Double Your Destiny due in April.

hisociety3.jpg
Society (Prissy)

destiny5-1.jpg
Destiny

But I couldn't leave out my 1st home bred as well as my boy Bud's 1st.

My number 2 is

Galloping G Snow Angel (Snow) bred to RFM Scouts Its 5 OClock Somewhere (Bud, His 1st baby) Line breeding on L & D Scout

PC070077.jpg
Bud, bad hair cut!

PC070093-1.jpg

SNOWIE4.jpg
Snowie

Snow1.jpg
Snow, no hair cut

Well it is hard to narrow it down to just one mare- we have several of our former show mares - but some who are at the top of the excitement list

teenie1.jpg

The many times world National champion mare Hunt House Farms Teenie Weenie who is all of 28 inches tall in foal to Billy Idol

Ellie_stand.jpg

One of my favorite Lee daughters - a 5 year old maiden mare Buckeye WCF Classical Elegance(HOF) double HOF in halter and driving - with many National, World and Congress Championships - a National Reserve Grand Champion who is in foal to the many times National Champion Rhapsody's Reign Man

Cindy07nationals01.jpg

Another maiden mare - 5 year old Buckeye WCF Cicada Song (HOF) - whose Aunt is Classical Elegance above . Cindy has multiple National Champion titles including Reserve Grand - in foal to Grahams King Lee and due in February - just 2
default_new_shocked.gif
months away

Come on spring
default_saludando.gif

teenie1.jpg
The many times world National champion mare Hunt House Farms Teenie Weenie who is all of 28 inches tall in foal to Billy Idol
OK. I officially have a new favorite "foal in waiting!" Getitia, I watch your site to see if there's ever new info on Teenie. She is one of my all-time favorites! I've even emailed you a couple of times asking who you'd decided to breed her to, so glad it's Billy. What an awesome cross this should be!
default_wub.png

I only have two foals due next yr. I would have to say that im most exited about Bahama's baby. She lost her foal for this yr and I'm holding my breath for this one.

[SIZE=14pt]DB Lil Shadow Man[/SIZE]

l_bf90ca04580c3a4f26777174822a78-1.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Little Kings BW Bahama Baby [/SIZE](Little Kings Buckwheat daughter)

l_bececad94261eeac1c6c2b380048a0f5.jpg

Alisha

Latest posts

Back