Let's See Your FIRST Foal & Your NEWEST Foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see members' first foals, and their most recent foals!!!

This is the first foal we ever had born. She was born from a mare I bought because I wanted to have a new driving horse (which she did become) and I bought her despite the fact she "might" have been pregnant. She was pregnant, and in the spring of 2001, this is what I helped bring into the world -- "Morningstar", a perlino filly! Morningstar is now a/k/a "Lily" and does all kinds of tricks for her "new" person:

morningstar14.jpg

Morningstar-07122003-2.jpg

Then this is the first horse that was "sort of" my breeding. I let my former trainer breed a mare she owned, and I loved, named Lou, to my then stallion, Derby. A couple of months later, she needed to sell the mare, and I bought her. In the spring of 2003, she had the colt below that we named WFM's Skippin Miracle (Triple H Derby Day Miracle x Edgewood Skip to My Lou), who is a/k/a "Skipper". I had a blast showing him to some championships as a yearling gelding...
Skipper%20and%20Lou%202.jpg

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

Then this past Monday morning, we were blessed with our newest foal, a filly we named WFM's Delightfully Dun. She is out of our Buckeroo granddaughter, Erica's Big City Bomb Shell and by our National Top 10 / Honor Roll / Multi Championstallion, Erica's Gone and DunIT. She's got dun factor, is a double dilute, and double Buckeroo bred. I just love her so much already. She's a little bit of a "milestone" for me as it's the first time we bred a mare that I grew up from a weanling... I actually think I bought Bomb Shell from Erica when she was just a couple weeks old, and had anticipated this cross for years:

Delight---04042011---5hrs-old-3.jpg

Delight---04042011---5hrs-old-4.jpg

What about your folks? Let's see and hear about your first foal(s) and your most recent!!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a fun topic! My first foal personally (not for the farm as a whole, I dont know about my parents first foal LOL) is Maple Hollows Bodacious Babe, I purchased her dam in foal at a sale and was blessed with a gorgeous liver chestnut pintaloosa filly! She is now due to foal her first foal any time now that is sired by our Buckskin son of LK Buck Echo! Its amazing how time flies it feels like only yesterday that she was an adorable and very ornery foal!

Here she is as a foal:

corgis050.jpg

And here she is when I had her fit for showing
default_smile.png
:

Littlebitofeverybody092.jpg

And the newest foal was born this morning, she is out of Lakeviews Diamond Gal (best friend to above mare) and sired by Little Kings Sonic Supreme a son of Komokos Little King Supreme.

Here is her wet picture (dry ones can be found on my other thread on the mini forum):

215731_10150151607682512_236449937511_6488201_236398_n.jpg

I thought I would post.

This Baby (quite clever huh?). She was born 3/02/06, and she is a Silver Smokey Black appaloosa mare. Her dam, Bow, came to us bred to our ex-stallion who we then bought. We sold her in 2009.

207562_1775749005010_1577895892_1637493_2592723_n.jpg

207562_1775749045011_1577895892_1637494_1334498_n.jpg

207562_1775749085012_1577895892_1637495_1797338_n.jpg

I guess, I'll be a smart butt, and post this little one.....haha. (Same dam and sire. Due May 8th)

190209_1753505648940_1577895892_1604217_3762479_n.jpg

Our first foal, born May 22 2008- BB Raising Kahne. His dam is our classic champagne pintaloosa mare- sadly, hs sire is unknown...

HPIM1032.jpg

And our last foal for now (we have two on the way for 2011) BB Cast No Shadow born June 23, 2010...

HPIM3158.jpg

Our first bred and raised foal Savannah, a 2005 grade buckskin filly, I sold her as a weanling and ended up getting her back 2 falls ago
default_wub.png
Hoping to get her broke to drive!

CIMG0846-1.jpg

30899_391422304612_224524494612_4078899_6286831_n.jpg

These two are our latest as we haven't had any 2011 babies yet (first should be here in 4 weeks or so!)

Max and Teddy, 2010 pinto colts

MAXTEDDY3.jpg

Great topic

I love baby pics

Our first foal a black homozygous for tobiano colt

Eagles Ring Toyhorse I'm Smokin' born in 2005

we kept Smokin for 3 years showing him mostly PtHA shows as they are close to where we live. He did wonderful in halter almost always in the blues and he won many Grands as well.

Seeing his pictures again makes me sad because even though he has a loving new home and his own mares he was my partner for 3 years and I still really miss him and his little white nose. I'm sure some of you might remember my posts about him back then.

Memory lane for me!!!ok I over did the pics but I still haven't gotten over selling him yet.
default_sad.png

Copyoferftoyhorseimsmokin8-4-2005-2.jpg

lacysbabyAugust62005014i.jpg

Here is Smokin' as a 3 year old

smokin050smallamhrpapers.jpg

HPIM2682-2.jpg

-----------------------------

And our most recent colt again

Eagles Ring Call of the Hawk 2010 colt

we have no mares bred for 2011 so he is our most recent

sept172010037a-2.jpg

Hawk was sold as a weanling and also has a wonderful home.

Great topic

First foal back in 2004

KAVELBEL GYPSY ONE

Deltasfirstfoal.jpg

No foals yet this year, still waiting...

Here is last years foal

KAVELBEL AR18 MIDNIGHT GLORY BEE

GloryBeeforLB.jpg

I really like this Topic
default_wub.png

it is neat seeing everyones First and the Their Current Foals
default_smile.png

Our First Unofficial Foal (bought the mare in Foal)

Speck's Miss Bambi Boo -aka: "Bambi"

Bay Appaloosa Filly, Sired by an AMHR Leopard Appaloosa Stallion

and out of a Pretty PtHA Pinto Mare. Sadly This Filly is Only WCMHR
default_no.gif

bambi2008.JPG

and Here's our First Official Foal
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Desert Realms Rayon De Soleil -aka: "Sunny" AMHA/AMHR/PtHA 2008 Palomino Pinto Filly.

Sunny's Registered Name is French for "Ray of Sunshine"

( it is Pronounced Like "Grayon Day So Lay" you have to roll your R's
default_wink.png
)

in Honor of her Half Brother I lost in 2007 Who's Registered Name was Dutchmans Ray of Hope

She's Sired by Darmonds Dashing Dutchman and Out of Lilac Acre's Lady Ruby (My First Miniature Horse)

Sunny5monthsold.JPG

and this is Our Current Foal (Though he shouldn't be for Long)

Desert Realms Shock Value -aka: "Stark"

2010 AMHA/AMHR Bay Colt - now Gelding

MCMs Silver Cloud X Lazy Bear Lady Sapphire

HOTStarkMuffin.jpg

"Stark" is a First Cousin to Sunny Above, and a Half Sibling to my Favorite Foal Desert Realms Bejeweled Design who was Born in 2009,

He is a Stark Contrast to his Sister (Pictured Below).

Emberlynn16daysold9834578934.JPG

He got his Registered Name From his Sire's Barn Name We were Calling Him "Tazer"
default_wink.png
So I thought Shock Value was Pretty Fitting
default_biggrin.png

Here is one of our first homebred foals, HMM Dancing Firefly. She was a tiny little chestnut filly sired by HMM Golden Sundancer
default_wub.png

Fireflypic.jpg

And here is our most recent foal, HMM TBD, a bay dun BTU grandson
default_wub.png

SANY1493.jpg

Gosh... they are all so darn cute. I want one sooooooo badly. How young will people who are selling sell a foal?

Ironically the first homebred foal and newest foal are out of the same mare! Spring has been a tried and true broodmare for me!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
In 2003 I only leased Spring, and now I own her!
default_biggrin.png

First Homebred:

Crayonbox Spotless Perfection, "Percy" 2003 bay colt, out of Little Chief's Spring Blossom, sired by my pure Falabella Leopard stallion (now gelding) Toyland Macho Chips. He sold to a woman locally and is well loved!

Percy_ball_5-11-03-442x293.jpg

Percy_6-21-03-318x232.jpg

Newest:

Crayonbox Cause For Applause, "Applause" 2011 bay colt, out of Little Chief's Spring Blossom, sired by WF Zeus Noble Cause (owned by Julie Good) who is a son of Little Kings Buck Zeus. This is the very first Buckeroo bred Mini on my farm!

Here is Applause with his momma Spring:

Spr.colt.4-14-11.jpg

Spr.coltnice2.4-14-11-456x341.jpg

This is not my first foal, I don't have any pictures of her. But it is my second foal. We thought he was amazing (I bought the mare in foal to one stallion, seems that wasn't right) and a surprise. While the picture is one of my favorite, he was very cute, he was also a dwarf. It didn't show up until he was much older, but his bite was horrible at birth. His legs were always straight, long neck, nice topline, but his nostrils were on top of his nose and his bite was again, horrible. His sire was very big from what I heard and his dam was 34", he never got over 30". He has a loving family now 7 years later and is a wonderful pet for them.

His name is AKS A Face In The Crowd

joey&bennie.jpg

Then fast forward to this year and our only foal is finally here. He is exactly what we are breeding for. Pretty head, big eye, good length of neck, short back, straight legs and upheaded. We are very pleased with him.

This is AKS Mercurys In The Moment

Nick.jpg

This is a really neat thread for me, because they're out of the same mare
default_smile.png

CheyAuts Perfect Attraction, aka Sierra

sierra155-7-8.jpg

sierrarun55-12-8.jpg

And the newest, born last week, is unnamed so far...

cocoacolt35-5-11.jpg

cocoacolt185-5-11.jpg

cocoacolt95-5-11.jpg

Latest posts

Back