What are your 2 favorite classes

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

First off one to watch.. your favorite one - the one you try to never miss at shows your showing at..

Next your favorite class to be in-

Only choose one of each

For me my favorite to watch is Youth Halter geldings (since I am a huge gelding fan) I love to watch those kids and some of them even the tiny ones are really great handlers and they really impress me and well to see those smiles and how happy MOST of them are just to be in the ring ribbon or not- well it always reminds me of why I personally am really there.

To show in well I am not a huge fan of being in the ring LOL especially at Nationals OMG :new_shocked: and umm lets just say my handling skills show it. As anyone who saw my Stevie Wonder impression in the middle of my ammy gelding class in Tulsa can attest to
default_wacko.png
:
default_yes.gif
: So for my favorite class to be in I will take the big chicken way out and say Liberty mainly cause it is over in less then 3 min

I ALWAYS like to watch the open Country Pleasure driving class. :aktion033: Our state fair has a awesome huge round brick barn areana building....there is organ music and a HUGE crowd of fair goers....the combination of the the drivers, music, crowd and a evening driving class on a perfect summers night...makes the hair on your neck stand up. It's kinda a electric atmosphere
default_yes.gif
: ......never been to nationals so to me this is the next best thing here in Iowa. You'd like our state fair show Lisa. Dancer loved it!
default_wub.png
:

and even though I am not so good at it...... I really really like to show halter classes. The amateur halter mares is my FAVORITE.
default_yes.gif
: I may look stressed/not having fun/sweating and having a.....constipated kinda smile in the ring :lol: BUT I tell ya I am on cloud 9 to show in halter mares. :bgrin

My two faverit to COMPETE in are:

Halter

Jumper

My two faverit classics to WATCH are:

Liberty

Country Pleasure/Single Pleasure driving

Russ, i really liked the driving classes at the ohio world show this yr to. The live organ was a good touch. The hackney classes with the organ music were beautiful! It was a really nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I. The amateur halter mares is my FAVORITE.
default_yes.gif
: I may look stressed/not having fun/sweating and having a.....constipated kinda smile in the ring :lol: BUT I tell ya I am on cloud 9 to show in halter mares. :bgrin

LOl guess we need to make a point to stand next to eachother with your constipated smile and my stevie wonder impression we will be quite the hit :aktion033:

My favorites to show in are Liberty and Halter Obstacle

To watch: Liberty and jumping

To watch...LIBERTY! The horses take my breath away when they "dance" in the ring...
default_wub.png
:

To participate in...Halter Obstacle (or halter, but I think that I am like Lisa in that my handling stills in a halter class are a bit "shaky"...
default_rolleyes.gif
: ...But, actually I have not seen Lisa show, so maybe its just ME! :bgrin )

My 2 favorites to watch are jumping and costume class! :bgrin

My favorite to participate in is in-hand trail. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Definitely liberty and halter obstacle...I have never competed in halter obstacle...but would sure love to try it some day!!
default_yes.gif
:

Well I don't show anymore, but when I did back in the dark ages, my favorite to participate in was for sure Obstacle driving. It was so much fun to have a horse that showed his wonderful temperament by not being afraid of anything in the obstacle class.

I also enjoyed pleasure driving (in those days it was not split into two kinds.)

My favorite to watch are any of the smallest height classes so since I need to pick out two I'll say Open halter mares under 28" and open halter stallions under 28". I am one who loves the tiniest of the tiny and am always breeding for "correct" tiny minis as my goal. I love the "miniature-est" ones :)

Susan O.

I've always enjoyed both being in and watching the Weanling Classes.......

and watching Liberty.

MA

Mine is actually the same to watch and to participate -- "just" halter. Any age, any gender. I love to have my horse evaluated by the judges and from ring side, I love to place the class and see how close I get to what the judges pick. I love it too if I have time to watch the judge and then pick it "my way" and the way I think the judge will.

To Watch would be liberty. I always watch it at every show.

To be in would be country pleasure driving. I probably would pick Single Pleasure too..but I don't have a horse for that class right now!

Favorite to watch: Liberty

Favorite to participate in: obstacle driving or obstacle halter. My older gelding is a killer at driving obstacle and my little filly is fearless at halter obstacle (give her a few years for that driving stuff).

My favorite to watch is Single Pleasure Driving and Liberty, and

to show in is Single Pleasure and ....Single Pleasure!

NOTHING can beat the Youth Roadster class at the A Nationals this year though! I thought there'd be a zillion crashes with them all over the place but not a ONE!

LIBERTY AND LIBERTY! :bgrin

To me there is just simply nothing more breathtaking than a beautiful horse moving free.

But I have to admit to trying to sneak out to ringside for the very youngest youth classes
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte

My two favorite classes are Liberty (horse dancing) and Jumper. My daughter trains and competes with our little 30 in stallion. He took 8th in Youth and 3rd in Open at AMHA World this year. They're so fun to watch.

Carla

My 2 favorites watching are Liberty and costume!!

My two favorites to watch are: roadster driving and the hunter classes

Believe it or not I've seen a Liberty class before but I will soon I hope..

My two favorites to show in are: Showmanship and Halter Obstacle

Latest posts

Back