What are you thankful for?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thankful for so many things especially all the people here that have picked me up every time I have fallen and encouraged me to keep going and not give up. I am thankful that somehow I am learning to let that hatered and bitterness go that was draining me. I am thankful for the Hus who takes care of us and is devoted to us. I am thankful that Dan and I have our sanity back and I am so proud of the young man he is becomming. I am mostly thankful when I hear that kid of mine coming up the road a mile away, boom boom speakers blaring, loud mufflers going vroooooooommmm and he comes through the door. He's home, he's safe, and he's wonderful and I am thankful everytime I see that sweet smile on his face that I have missed for too long.

check him out in my new Thanksgiving avatar.

Their's so much to be thankful for, here's some. For my hard working, easy going husband, my kids and grandkids, my sisters that I see as much as I can. I'm thankful for our little place in the world - our small farm here on top of the bluff in WI. I'm so thankful for our little dogs, especially my precious Maggie. I'm thankful for my friends, I have some great ones around here, living close by. "Animal" people are usually so kind, loving and helpful. I'm thankful that I get to go into business for myself and hopefully, won't have to ever work out of my home again. It'll be alot of work but fun work. I'm thankful that my surgery and the healing is almost over and by Thanksgiving, I should be as good as new. I'm thankful for electricity = tv, computer, phone, heat,
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thankful to be able to leave the real world behind and go out to the horses and wrap my arms around their neck and bury my face in their muddy, wet hair and take a deep whiff of horse smell. The warm breath on my face, crowding around trying to be the first to get pets and scratches. I don't have to spell it all out as we all do it here.

That God loved me enough to send His son to die in my place.

For my parents who raised me in a God fearing home and made me a confident person.

For my husband Barry who loves me in spite of my critters and such.

For my children who all love the Lord and their beautiful babies added to my family.

For the Horses and Dogs that God entrusted to my care.

For this forum family who has kept me connected to the world when I was blind and continue to be warm caring friends.

Lyn

Day three: I am thankful that I had parents (now dwelling in heaven) who gave me a good basis for life and still are with me as I have to make the hard decisions.

I'm thankful for Lyn J, whose caring and generosity helped me when I really needed it.

Thank you Lyn! Bless you and yours!
default_wub.png

I am thankful that my sister got thru her double mastectomy.
default_wub.png

I am thankful for my wonderful family
default_smile.png

I am thankful we are hard workers which our parents instilled in us so we have jobs , a home, food to eat, our animals, and Love in our Hearts.
default_wub.png

I am thankful for this forum and all the support that I get here
default_wub.png

Day 4 I am sooo thankful to have met a wonderful man some 42 years ago who I loved then and love even more today we have been married for 40 years and some days its like yesterday to me. Thank you God.

Day 5 I am thankful for my beautiful children who are now adults who make me proud

I am thankful for being able to Walk

For my Wonderful Husband and son, always being there

Am Thankful for so many things.

I am so grateful for this Forum and the wonderful caring people on it!

I am still getting wonderful cards and calls daily!!

The support has been wonderful.

Thank you Marylou for making the Forum possible!

Love and thanks to all,

Bonnie

I am thankful for my parents, especially my dad who love to death, my horse partner and my best friend, the term "daddys girl" could not apply more...

I am thankful to have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and shelves, a great career, a barn full of wonderful little horses and a pasture full too, and for my dogs that i just love more then i can put into terms and could never be without
default_wub.png

I am also thankful for my friends that i have met and made from this forum, and the shows, they are the greatest
default_wub.png
:wub.

Day 6 Iam thankful for my 6 wonderful grandchildren and the joy that they bring.

I am thankful for my friends. My closest friends who are always there when I need them and frequently there when I do something stupid. My friends I see fairly often and do things with occasionally. The friends I rarely see who I thoroughly enjoy when I see and catch up with.

And the friends I have never met but are my forum family that has encouraged me through my recent heart attack and the loss of a much loved horse.

I'm thankful that I have found God. He has given me the strength that I have needed lately. I'm also thankful for my 2 beautiful children.

Haven't posted each day, so I will "catch up" !!

I am thankful that God has made me tough enough to handle the things He's asked of me.

That I have my barn full of winter hay......and will be able to help CMHR with those who don't.

That I began to receive my Social Security this year
default_laugh.png
And for unemployment insurance after being a "downsized" employee.
default_wink.png
Seems to have made me fully "retired".

That I can indulge my love of horses....with fields full of them in every color!
default_wub.png

For my family being healthy and close at hand (even living in my house
default_wacko.png
)
default_wub.png

For friends both near & far.....many who originated because of my little horses.

For having all my basic needs met and the ability to help others who may need a helping hand.

I am thankful for many things,

My Family.

My Friends including my friends here on LB.

My Health and all of my loved ones health.

My Fur and Feathered Babies.

My Blessed Life. God has given me so much.

Day 7 I am thankful to have had the opportunity to learn from wonderful caring people throughout my life and for the mental capacity to continue to do so even at almost 60 years old.

I am thankful I am still able to be strong of body, to have an active lfe and do the things I want(and need) to do. Being 56 with all the wear and tear plus the abuse I put it through is saying a lot. It is probably the bucking hay and cleaning poop tha I can attribute it too.

Latest posts

Back