What are you thankful for?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcr

Reaction score
As I was cruising through the forum it struck me how many good and bad things happen in our lives but the one constant is the love and support freely given by the forum members. The economy is bad and people are losing their jobs, homes and selling down their herds to be able to afford them. We have dealt with the loss of loved ones, illness and bad finances.

One of the best ideas I have ever heard, and have practiced when things were getting me down, was Oprah Winfrey's gratitude journal. Every day you write 5 things you are grateful for in your life. We tend to get so caught up in our own troubles that we forget the many blessings we have in our lives. For me, keeping the gratitude journal changes my thinking from dwelling on the negative to realizing how many good things there are in my life.

Since this is the Thanksgiving season and the spirit that started the holiday, besides eating ourselves into a coma, was to give thanks for the blessings in our lives. My challenge to you is to post one thing a day until Thanksgiving that you are grateful for in your life. You may think this is silly or a fluff post but I think we all forget our blessings and there are many people who are in a dark hole that don't have the energy to pull themselves out and reading about the good in others life just may remind them that all is not lost and bad.

I will start. Many of you may remember my heart attack experience in August and I came so close to dying that 10 minutes either way could have meant the difference between life or death. I'M THANKFUL I'M ALIVE. I would have left behind many people who care about me and left so many things undone that I now have the chance to change.

Okay folks, your turn.

I am so thankful and blessed with a wonderful husband and kids, great friends and animals that enrich my life. Im especially thankful right now that my son Kenny is finally home from the Army and will be home for Christmas
default_new_multi.gif

SOOO many things!!! i am thankful, mostly, for the love and support i have received from not only my "in-the-flesh" family but also from my forum family here and at my saltwater aquarium forum during this first year since gary's death. i don't know how i could have coped without the sentiments expressed here and the prayers for my well being.

i have to list two things though. i am also thankful for everyone's support, kindness and love shown to bonnie. i know it means the world to her and having gone through this same loss myself, i know how important it is.
default_wub.png

what a GREAT thread!!!

I'M THANKFUL I'M ALIVE.
You know......until you get a bit older statements like the one above do not seem to mean much.

Without your health you have nothing. Everyday morning I open my eyes is a great day and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

There are too many things to list that I am thankful for above and beyond this. I have such a great life traveling and owning and working with some of the most beautiful horses and meeting so many wonderful people from all over the World. I have been so blessed with a wonderful family that has always supported me in every way possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Thankful for this forum family, if it were not for the loving/caring people here, I shudder to think of what could have become of Dreamer. For that I am Forever Thankful!

My husband Art, who loves me with his soul....My grandchildren, all 3 of them, a home and a job! REO and Karrell, well that goes without saying!
default_wub.png

I am thankful for katrina and her mother (Kats is growing so fast).. they mean so much to me .thankful to be alive and to be able to get by with how things are in the world today. to have my health and everyone i care for has there health.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have many things to be thankful for -- but TODAY is our 50th wedding anniversary -- so I am thankful for the love & support from my best friend that I have had for 50 years -- also that of our family. Especially special today is the fact that my mother is alive & able to come to the party to share in our celebration .. Mom is 94 years young & still lives in her own apartment.

Our family is having a dinner for our family & our wedding party (those left of it) and in the evening we are having about 250 to our community hall for an evening of fellowship & fun.

My "bridegroom" is driving me to the hall in our wagon pulled by our team of Shetland/ASPC /Miniatures AMHR.

Our lives revolve so around our horses & shows & include our grandkids as well, that is seemed very appropriate.

Our invitations had a picture of us driving "Still hitched after 50 years"

SO today we have many memories -- some glad & some very sad of the past 50 years -- BUT we have much to be thankful for & to celebrate.

Amelia & John

[SIZE=12pt]I must admit there isn't a day that goes by in the past seven years, that I don't thank the Good Lord for bringing Bill into my life. I never knew what really being loved by someone was like. Someone who loves you just for you, someone who puts you first, who is honest, thoughtful, giving and caring. Someone to laugh with, who cares enough to stick up for you. Someone to wake up with in the morning, who always brings a smile to my face. Someone to plan a future with, who wants to help me see my dreams come true. Someone I can trust and totally give my all to, confide in and love with every bit of my heart, who I know will hold and cherish that gift.[/SIZE]

I am so truely blessed. How wonderful to really have happiness in your personal life. No matter what the outside world brings, our home is our sanctuary, the place I want to be more than anywhere else, Bill has made it a peaceful, loving, safe harbor and I am and will always be thankful for that gift every day of my life
default_wub.png

Joy

This Thread comes at a good time........and when you think about it, Thanksgiving comes at a good time too; because it's when things are brown and gray outside which gets depressing. Giving thanks helps to raise the spirit.

My number one thanks is to God and for the number one blessing I have received in this life. Brianna.

Other thanks include a lifestyle that is basically simple, but includes all the basic comforts. And that I can share it with my husband. We have animals who we love and love us back. We have friends. And we have a family that mostly we have chosen.
default_wink.png

I'm thankful for many things and try to count my blessings every day before I go to bed. I'm thankful for my husband, family, dogs, friends horses, career, clients, home, ETC...

I am thankful for the love my husband and I have shared for more than 34 years. I am thankful that we can get up every morning (though some are a bit harder than others) and go out and work with our animals. We worried what would happen to them when we could no longer care for them and 'thankfully' a family came back into our lives after years of going our own ways and now it feels like they have been here forever. We no longer worry and we have God to thank for that. Our babies will be take care of for the foreseeable future--and well taken care of--I might add. I could go on and on and on, but these are the main things.

Angie

I am thankful for friends and family, Everyone's in good health, no ones losing their jobs or houses, bills are getting paid, a little late but at least paid
default_wink.png
all our animals are in good health and we have plenty of hay. I'm due to have our 2nd child Dec 26 and so far he's as healthy as can be, no complications.

I'm thankful for Karrel. The love we share is just as deep as when it started 24 years ago. He's what I live for and the best hubby in the world!

I'm thankful for LB (too many reasons to list why) but mostly because this is my family!

I'm thankful for my MANY friends! They are always there for me when I need them most!

And for Art & Theresa, who are such great friends! Whenever I need a real life hug, I can always count on Theresa to give me one!

I'm thankful for my kids. (horses) They are my heart!

I am thankful for being alive, having a wonderful husband for almost 34 years. Having the horses and dogs that have brought much joy and friends

Gosh... there are just way to many to list, so I guess I could say I am thankful for the glass being half full and not half empty
default_laugh.png

I am thankful for the love of a good man who takes good care of me. Never having children of my own, he shares his wonderful children with me and in my mid 50's I now have the experience of being a mother.

Great Topic!

[SIZE=12pt]I am thankful for Jesus[/SIZE]

I am thankful for my Family and Friends.

I am thankful for every breath of every day.

Since I can only list one each day the first thing I am Thankful for is to be able to be here to count my blessings.

Back