web hosting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmh

Reaction score
I am in dire need of a new web host. I have used Startlogic the past few years and the service and reliability are going downhill quickly.

You call the Phillipines for tech support. GRRR Can't understand a word they say, lose phone calls in the midst of trying to fix a problem, etc.

I have read customer reviews about GoDaddy with several negative comments.

If anyone can suggest a web host I would deeply appreciate it.

If you wish to e-mail me privately please do so. Email me

Thanks

Steph

We use godaddy with no problems. I dont use their web design stuff, but one we purchased, but as a host we like them.

I use Yahoo on all of mine. Easy to use and very reliable. I cant stand godaddy

I've used Earthlink to host my site, www.whinny4me.com, for many, many years (over a decade). It's never down and it is easy for me to maintain. I have reserved other URL's through GoDaddy (ie www.whinnyforme.com and www.showminis.com), but they automatically redirect to my Earthlink hosted site I pay about $20/month for hosting. I know other services may be cheaper, but I really like the reliability I've found with Earthlink.

All of the design work and maintenance on my site is done by me, and has always been that way. I use Coffee Cup and just plain old, ancient Netscape Composer to do the work on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used DirectNic for over ten years and they're pretty good and reasonable.

I use www.fatcow.com

It is really well laid out, easy to understand and their 800 staff has been super to work with.

They are kind of..."green" too.

Long time Fatcow user here, over 10 years with no problems. I can manage my web address ownership along with the hosting which makes it easier.

Latest posts

Back