Please let me defend ourselves....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_no.gif
So Sorry, glad I missed the other topic....

I'd also like to see the moderators of the board publicly censure and perhaps suspend posting priviledges to anyone who posts openly hurtful things that are directed at individuals or individual farms.
I'm not sure that public censuring is appropriate (why carry on like the troublemakers? ) - but I know for a fact that the moderators have banned many people who attacked other posters/farms etc.

Now for those of you who still don't get the big picture- it is absolutely absurd of you to post the low prices on a public forum-hence why we don't offer the Oktoberfest online for the World to see. We reward those who show up and take advantage of the one day sale with low, low prices. For those of you who post the low sale prices for the Oktoberfest or any other of the sales similar- YOU are hurting the entire industry and yourself. YOU should be proud and smart enough to keep to yourself the fact that you bought a $4000 colt for $400.
I did not see the nastiness in question (thank goodness!) and any such complaints should be addressed to the sale management in private as opposed to bleating them all over a forum... but to be honest Robin, people will always discuss auction prices after the fact. Any breed. Any sale. On many forums. I am not sure how one can stop people from sharing that information. I am also not sure why it should be a big secret. Others who were not there want to know what they missed. Those who were there may want to share the wonderful purchases they made. Personally, I would be be thrilled to get a quality horse for only $400 at a sale... and more would attend that same sale next year looking for their own bargain... so how does that hurt the industry? How does it hurt the purchaser who had a good eye to get a good horse at a low price?

And this comment kind of proves my point...
default_wink.png

As for posting the sales, it let me know that someday I may be lucky enought to buy one of your outstanding horses.
People will always want to know the prices. The high sellers as well as the low ones. It piques their interest for the future. And as I said, that holds true across all breeds and all disciplines.... a quality horse is one to be proud of - no matter what he sold for.

And I think Buckeroo looks great - especially for a 31 year old!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the problem with forums. With this many different people, and everybody has their own thoughts and beliefs about everything. Remember back at election time? There's a couple forums I won't even go back to, and any I'm on I mostly lurk, hardly ever speak up as I don't want to have to leave again! Don't let one person chase you away, as I can see 99% of people here support you and think you do a wonderful job. Now I didn't see the original post but someone complaining about high prices? Are you supposed to give your valuable animals away for free? I don't think there's a breeder in the whole world who would do that! I know I can't currently afford from a big breeder, but that shows the quality of horses they put out!

Thanks for posting and defending yourself. You try to make everyone happy and it will never work. No good deed goes unpunished!! It gives us a chance to meet, chat and see some beatuiful horses. Heck if we get a deal, great! After all people do not have to attend. I didnt get a chance to go but I think it is a chance to have a good time by one and all!!

I was fortunate to have friends attend Oktoberfest. With their help and cell phones I was able to purchase a colt, pay with my credit card and jump him on their trailer to come home. I am very excited about this colt! He has settled in well here. Thank you, LKF, for the opportunity to purchase him.
default_saludando.gif

I am so sorry to hear about that. We love your horses. We have a mini who has buckeroo in her bloodlines. I wish I could own a few of his sons and daughters. My mom always told us if you don't have something good to say about someone don't say anything at all.

We are blessed to have great breeders like you and your family. I love your horses. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Robin...
default_aktion033.gif
I have always looked up to you. You have a wonderful way with words and an excellent choice in horses! I wish I had been able to go to the Octoberfest but thank you you for hosting it. There were some beautiful horses there. I feel sorry that you have to go through so much trouble
default_no.gif
Some people should be ashamed.

Kudos Robin!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Well put. You and your family should stand proud for your horses are a large piece of the QUALITY miniature horse pie.

What happened here is what happens when you take various people from various stages and parts of the world and put them together. We all have our own opinions and everyone should respect that. The old saying goes "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all" more people should live by that. This "drama" is part of the reason I got out of the big horse industry and moved miniatures. After several years of following this forum and visiting other miniature horse websites I was impressed as to how friendly miniature horse people seemed. Now this has me wondering.

I am hoping to visit LFK in the spring as family issues did not allow me to attend Octoberfest. Hopefully there will be another Octoberfest because as another poster said it gives all of us average people hope that someday we may be able to own a part of miniature horse history.
default_wub.png

Again Thank you LFK and Robin for all you do for the miniature horse industry!
default_biggrin.png

Robin,

I have loved Buckeroo for all the 21 years I have been in the mini business. And I'd love to be able to come to the Octoberfest sale. I wish you were not so far away from Southwest Wyoming.

I agree with the others who have said what a fantastic opportunity it has been for people to get Quality horses that they can afford.

Also I want to say you have a wonderful way of explaining and expressing things.

I have corresponded more over the years with your brother John because I have been interested in and supportive of his research on dwarfism. But it was a post of yours that was so well written and explanatory on the LB Forum one time on that subject, that I chose to put it on my own website for people to learn from.

Thanks to your whole family for all you have done.

Susan O.

I for one can not WAIT to make the trip there someday for Oktoberfest.

Congrats and keep up the good work. I love your horses.

We have been to LKF several times, and EVERY TIME have been treated as a welcome guest! Oktoberfest was no exception. We had a marvelous time, Robin and Marianne are gracious hosts, and I would have bought 10 or 12 if hubby hadn't been sitting right next to me! There was a pali colt that I should have put in the backseat of the pickup and brought home. There were a lot of very lucky and happy buyers!

"And which of us wouldn't love to have the opportunity to give Buckeroo a kiss on the muzzle to thank him for all he's done. "

I've had the opportunity to do this, and it is the thrill of a lifetime.

Some people are like Cockroaches. I remember a study done one time. Something about putting cockroaches in a box and seeing what happened. I think it was also done with ants. The ants helped each other, putting themselves in danger to allow others to survive and escape. Some died. Others helped each other out of the box.

The cockroaches, instead of helping each other. would literally pull back the ones trying to escape, and try to use the others, no matter what the damage, to get out of the box themselves. They ended up fighting and killing each other to try to escape.

So instead of some people applauding good things and wonderful people, like cockroaches they have to pull them down to make themselves better.

ROBIN - YOU GO GIRL!! You know our feelings. I am honored to know you, Marianne, and John, and WILL be back to the farm to buy! While that happens we will continue on with our breeding and show program, with our Buckeroo Grandsons, Granddaughters, and grandget!!

As I get older, don't get into the back and forth talk.

I will simply say this.

Because of work I feed at 4:45 am. What gets me out there is a 29" BTU son. Tango, who more than lives up to his name.

I am happy to go out at that time as I get a greeting like no other, and think each and every day,,,, this smile is brought to you by LKF!
default_smile.png

For me, says it all.

Robin - I love your farm and I love your sales that you put on. I have not been able to come to one, as I am only 20 and I am in SC - very far away. I hope to one day come up there and buy a direct son and/or daughter of the great Buckeroo himself. 

I swear I love Buckeroo - he is the most amazing horse I HAVE EVER SEEN. If I ever did see him in person, I would cry just being able to see, touch and feel one of the most important horses in Miniature Horse History. 

DO NOT LET OTHERS BRING YOU DOWN. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND THEY WILL GET THEIRS, IN DUE TIME. 

I did not read the original post and applaud you, Robin, for your excellent response. I have known the Eberth's since Robin was a tiny little girl and have nothing but the highest regard for them and for their excellence. They, among others, have made the industry and kept it a viable business for many years and will continue to do so in the future. Rather than any criticism, I encourage each and every person to learn by their excellent example.

Tony Greaves

I'm again sorry the earlier post turned ugly, I'm not sure why this happens on

here sometimes. I did read some of it before it was deleted

and couldn't believe the turn it took.

Our stallion is a buckeroo GS on top and a Buck the system GS on bottom

and I applaud you for your successful breeding program. And we are very

happy with him.

I hope we can attend the Oktoberfest sale one day when schedules and work allow

Remember please 95% of the people that are breeding miniatures, see your program

as the top and I'm sure you will remain there, as the biggest contributor to the miniature horse

industry in our country as well as many other countries.

default_worshippy.gif
To the Little King Farm

Thank you for thinking of us smaller breeders

Robin,

The most important paragraph (in my opinion) that you wrote is ---

Now for those of you who still don't get the big picture- it is absolutely absurd of you to post the low prices on a public forum-hence why we don't offer the Oktoberfest online for the World to see. We reward those who show up and take advantage of the one day sale with low, low prices. For those of you who post the low sale prices for the Oktoberfest or any other of the sales similar- YOU are hurting the entire industry and yourself. YOU should be proud and smart enough to keep to yourself the fact that you bought a $4000 colt for $400. Because as far as anyone would know (unless they were here) - by looking at the quality and the pedigree- most people would assume you paid a lot for it- therefore increasing the value of the horse and increasing the value of it's potential foals. However- by posting that you paid $400 for a $4000 colt- people will ask "what is wrong with it? It must not be show quality? I sure wouldn't breed a $400. horse!"[ In turn hurting yourself, your horse, your breeidng program, our program, the sale, and the overall industry. For those of you that do not know- 4 World Champions have now come from past Oktoberfest sales- so they aren't junk!

The person who was nitpicking about timing of receiving papers........ They are just bottom of the barrel lickers..... You held up your end of the bargain. I could share some interesting stories about other pioneers in the industry, but won't.

Maryann

My sister and I so enjoyed both the Hertiage Sales and the Oktoberfest Sales. I have not been to every single one but the ones I have went to have been great. I especially enjoy the Oktoberfest Sale because it gives some of us a very unique chance at bringing home some nice horses for very reasonable prices. I came home with two horses last year. I didn't attend this year because the my barns are full and overflowing plus we expecting a few foals next year. I have attended Bluegrass Miniature Horse Clubs meetings at Little Kings over the years and the very special breeding seminar this year. I have always been treated very nicely at Little Kings no matter what event or sale was going on. Robin and Marianne are extremely good hosts. And they both answer your questions about the horses, feeding, and breeding. I have the utmost respect for them and the experience they share with others.

Please don't let the rotten apples ruin your Oktoberfest Sale. I personnally appreciate that you have this sale and hope you will continue to have it. We love your horses and the Buckeroo look.

Sincerely,

Freida

I have just a couple things to say here.

My dream came true to see the one and only Buckeroo on Oct 17th. He is absolutely fabulous, oh yeah I got a picture of him to cherish.

I got to see the LKF and meet Robin and Marianne. They are special people to open up their home and give us an oportunity to purchase some of the wonderful horses they breed.

They fed us and helped all of us with our sales. Wonderful people, awesome animals. Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back