WE GOT A GRAND!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
Attended our last show of the season prior to Nationals over the weekend in Central Point, OR. It was the first time I attended this show, and I was prepared for the hot weather that others had warned me about at this venue. Far from the reality this year! It was quite pleasant for three of the days, although a bit on the windy side, and rainy and slightly chilly on Sunday!

We decided to put Flirty in halter classes again, since I will be competing in that division at Nationals with her. There were not many people in the R portion of the show, sadly. I was the only sr. mare there in that division. Which of course meant that she was Sr. Mare Champion. We then competed for the Grand, against some very nice jr. fillies, and FLIRT WAS GRAND CHAMPION MARE under one judge!!! I was so tickled, I can't even say. We also were the only ones in Ammy Mares, so we won that one by default as well, also the Grand Champ Ammy Mare. Kind of big whup if you are the only one, though. We also competed in the A portion of the show in Halter. I did very well in Ammy, with a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th out of 5. I was happy enough with that. Since this was only the second time we have competed in halter, we are definitely still on the learning curve. It is a true delight to have a horse that is competitive in both the driving and halter ring, especially in her first year of competing!

As far as the driving goes, we had some mixed results. At some points she was brilliant, and others not so much. She got some respectable placings. I had a great drive in a couple of classes. We have some new things to really focus on in the next couple of weeks, and we will see how it goes for Nationals. I am really glad that we have two ways for her to compete at Nationals; we will have fun in both the halter and driving divisions I am quite sure.
default_yes.gif
:

Here is a pic of our latest milestone...the coveted neck ribbon shot! I was so very pleased!
default_wub.png
:

CP2007-grandchamp1.jpg

WOO HOO AMY!!!!

She looks good and has learned a lot this year I am sure! Yes the coveted neck ribbon... Never have gotten one. Sigh, when Falcon has won grands,, there were no neck ribbons darn it.

Congrats again, you deserve it!

Outstanding! :aktion033: That is AWESOME, Amy!
default_yes.gif
: SUPER CONGRATS!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:

Congrats! She sure is pretty!

One of my silly goals is to get a sashy thing (neck ribbon)

Awesome!!! She is GORGEOUS I Love her
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Gorgeous mare! :aktion033:

I just saw your post and have to add my congratulations!!!!!! You both did daddy Tymer proud!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Yayyyyyyyyyy Amy and Flirt you go girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Dawn :saludando:

Congratulations Amy! She is a beautiful mare!

Lyn

Con Grats!!! You did beat us. My yearling filly just wasn't at her best. Pulled her out of the pasture 2 weeks before show. But in the A show our yearling stallion went Reserve Grand in Jr. Stallion. Our first neck ribbon!!
DSC00644.jpg

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate your words of kindness. Bill, it was very nice meeting you at the show, I just adore your little driving stallion!! And your colt is very good as well. Congrats on YOUR neck ribbon! :D Doesn't it feel great!

Congrats! :aktion033: Both on your wins and your beautiful mare
default_wub.png
:

Wow, Amy, congratulations and you and Flirt really deserved that!

default_smile.png

Great pic, I am so happy for you.

Liz M.

WOW!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations! She's beautiful!!!

WHOOO HOOO!!!! :aktion033:

Wow, she looks SO PRETTY clipped up!! Flirty has really grown into a beautiful mare. Congratulations!

Leia

Back