WE ARE IN LABOR!!! AHHHHH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their weights are very good for twins, Congratulations!! Hang in there Grandma! I know you can't wait to see them.

So glad things are stable for now!

I know it is hard to look at those pictures of them with all of the tubes and machines, especially on such tiny little bodies. But, trust me, one day you will look back on those pictures and just simply be amazed by how far they have come!

We are continuing our prayers as these babies face a tough first week!

Barbara

Just thought I'd let you know Riley and Blake had a pretty good night. With having so much information before they were born, all was prepared for and taken care of almost before they needed it. Nothing else has come up that they didn't expect. And Blake has eaten from a bottle! He has such a long little body he needs to fill it up!

For now, just need to keep it all the same, or better, to make surgeries go smoother. I still don't know why surgeries weren't done as soon as they said, but through all the medical terminoligy, have found it not to be a bad thing.

And by the way, they are the most beautiful babies you have ever seen!
default_smile.png
just honest truth
default_smile.png

So happy they had a good night. Lots of prayers and good thoughts heading their way.

By the way - when is grandma heading that way? Any idea how long they will have to be in the hospital?

Barbie

We have a schedule put together to make sure Julie has help. Although it changes as the babies delivery, conditions change. I have the first week home, right now I will be going March 3rd. Riley was to be home 5 days after surgery, but finding the hole in her heart will change that some. Blake, it depends on if that missing vessel is floating around in there or if they have to put a man made one in, so 2-4 weeks, and then depending on,,,,,,,,,. So to answer your question, not positive, but guessing I'll still be out there on the 3rd and then plan on a return trip soon after.

Hoping surgeries go really great and they are home as scheduled. I know it will be really hard on Julie to leave her babies at the hospital when she goes home.

((((HUGS)))) to you all!

Barbie

I am so completely thrilled for you, Julie, the babies and their papa.
default_aktion033.gif
More prayers coming from WA for continued good progress.
default_pray.gif
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Leia

Blake has had a really good day, good enough that mom and dad were allowed to hold him for a short time, and that made many happy! He continues to eat from the bottle and improve. Riley continues to have minor problems they have to adjust for. Very hard for Julie to hold Blake but not Riley, but have to do what's best for Riley. She will most likely be waiting until after Weds and surgery.

Thank you all for your thoughts and kindness, we all appreciate it, you.
default_smile.png

That's wonderful that they got to hold Blake - he needs to feel the love his mom and dad have for him. Hoping they continue to do well. Thanks for all the updates.

Barbie

My aunt went through coupons and came up with some for pampers! So let me know where to send them and I'll be happy to get them on their way.

Carolyn,

A know of a little girl (now 12!) who had heart surgery soon after she was born. Her parents were told that Kimmie would "never" be able to keep up with the other kids...but no one told HER that! Today, Kimmie is thin as a rail but all muscle...and she's as strong as an ox! She has scars on her chest but NOTHING holds her back! She has boundless energy and stamina. You would never know today how her life once hung in the balance.

I just wanted to pass Kimmie's story to you as hope for your grandbabies' future. I know there's enough love and prayers and good wishes here on this forum to pull them both through anything.

Best wishes to your entire family.
default_wub.png

Not wanting to be on the phone with my daughter all the time, she has other things to do, I appreciate coming here and reading the posts you have taken the time to write, thank you so much.

Blake had a great night and continues to improve, they have taken away a lot of his tubes, IV's and he has done well without them. He is eating great and has maintained his weight.

Without going in to details, I would like to ask that Riley get an additional prayer or two today.

Thanks so much.

So glad to hear Blake is doing so well. Riley definitely has our prayers and a few extra thrown in. Remember - with sick babies it is often a "one step forward and two steps back" kind of thing - so please don't get discouraged! Slow and steady progress is always great!

Barbara

P.S. - Valentine's Day is also Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day. So happy CHD Day to your two new Heart Warriors!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping for the best for both of them. Will be thinking good thoughts all day.

Happy valentines day to Blake and Riley. Prayers a;ways for both, but will send extra one for Riley.

No problem, lots of extra
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
for Riley

So Glad Blake is doing well..

Happy Valentines Day Blake and Riley
default_wub.png

Glad to hear that Blake continues to do well. Prayers for them both, but definitely a little extra prayer for Riley!!!

Barbie

Congratulations to you all, and prayers for both babies. I had a niece born many years ago who had heart surgery as an infant and again as a toddler. She came through it well, and I know they have made so many advances since then, hope for the absolute best for your grandbabies.
default_smile.png

Jan

Cmon babies. Good going Blake! And extra prayers for little Riley baby.

Latest posts

Back