Walking/Hiking with our minis and ponies - Mile Tracker!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I walked Mint 1.25 miles September 18th and today I walked Hershey 1.50 miles.
Whichever one stays home gets exercise also. They run around and nicker for a while until we are back. I am told. They probably get more exercise staying home then when I walk them 🤣 We have 1 acre fenced that they can really pick up speed in.

The miniature owner and myself toured a nearby town, where we plan to do a parade next week. We walked around the route and also through the park and by the schools. Some interesting playground features to explore. We stopped at the fire station and some businesses to chat. I tried to take Dapper Dan into a "dispensary" (I was looking for my nephew who owns it) and Dapper Dan turned up his lip and would not go in. I don't think he cared for the smell. We shouted for the owners, but no one came. (Gee, we could have robbed the place--if I had only known what to take!)
The friend has been working hard with her little horse with the Parelli system and wants to show him off as often as she can. Dapper Dan and I took a back seat, so Munchkin could show off. The cutest and most useful trick he knows is saying hello and goodbye with the cue. That really gets the smiles and photo op!
No idea how far we walked but it was over an hour. Too bad I didn't think to get pictures.
I picked up the friend and Munchkin, so the two horses traveled together in the trailer, divided by the gate. When I dropped Munchkin off, Dapper Dan whinneyed--he didn't want Munchkin to leave. So, there must have been some sort of guy-talk when those two were left in the trailer while we had lunch. Maybe they were talking about Jackie O and Midnight...

Latest posts

Back