Verizon Christmas Commercial

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the commercial for the first time last week. I was a bit put off on the "biting" question in the commercial and how the gal says yes so quickly when asked if he bites. Also ...I'll have to look again...but at one point it actually looks as if the little horse is wind sucking off of the dog house! :DOH!

You took the words right out of my mouth! Especially the part about windsucking!

When my daughter and I first saw the ad, I said oh, it's a mini! And she said no, it's a pony! Hard to say really, and it also doesn't matter.

I don't like the ad myself, but I do agree it won't (or shouldn't) have any bearing on sales of small equine. I just read Minimor's post, and I agree wholeheartedly.

I just saw the commercial last night for the first time. Both my daughter and I laughed at it and shrugged.

It's just a stupid commercial.........and not very realistic. If someone thinks it is, then they don't need to buy a miniature horse or pony!

MA

The commercial made me smile.

Sure, it's painting small ponies in an ugly light ("Does he bite?") but... good dose of reality this time of year for all those families contemplating a "Christmas Pony"

I saw this commercial a few days ago and noticed the Mini wind sucking. If you look closely, his sides are pulling in as he takes in air. This was the first thing my non-horse husband noticed too. Of course, he asked what he was doing to the doghouse.

On another note... there's ANOTHER holiday commercial with a Mini in it. I don't know what it's for, but there's a lady in a car and there's voice over singing about "things that are small" and someone is leading a Mini down the street. Anyone seen that one?
default_smile.png

I just saw that commercial you are talking about a half hour ago. It's for Garmin and the mini only has a short part but cute!

I watched the U-TUBE and I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think it will have any negative effect on the market for miniature horses. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think sometimes we take ....forget it I won't go there!
default_wink.png

IT'S A COMMERCIAL-IT IS MEANT TO BE FUNNY-COME ON PEOPLE FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO WORRY ABOUT IN LIFE!!!

i personally think it's a stupid commercial (horse whinny is so stupid sounding..lol) but i didn't find anything offensive about it except for how stupid it was..LOL

That dog is going to have quite a draft in that dog house now
default_new_shocked.gif

I laughed when I saw this comercial, but suspected it would be highly criticized on here. We must have better things to do with our lives than complain about harmless, silly comercials! Also, as for the well being of the horse, I know there is a lot that goes into something like this and the animal's welfare is usualy high priority. I'll have to go back and look at the windsucking, but my impression, not watching closly, was that the horse was just straining to pull the shingle off. I think we are just looking way too far into this.

The whole dang world doesn't have to be PC on every little tiny thing--really! If you don't like it, turn it off. Frankly I find more distaste in seeing feminine heigene and erectile dysfunction commercials on evening television! That is MY issue, so I turn it.
Amen!

I haven't seen it so can't critique, but imagine it is as described, just a silly commercial.

Jan

I thought it was funny.

Especially when he takes a bite out of the dog house. I've got one that would take a bite out of me if I let her.
default_biggrin.png

My husband and I both thought it was kind of funny. It has not deterred anyone around here looking for Christmas minis, I sold one this week.
default_aktion033.gif
And no, mine don't bite.....but I have been asked that for years anyway...

I think this is one of those scenarios where people are "reading way too much into something that isn't there." I personally did not take offense to the commercial in any way.

Also as one poster mentioned "It might make people think twice before getting their child a pony for Christmas." IMO, that is not a bad thing either. Far too many make the purchase before thinking it through and the outcome is , well we all know the outcome.

Lighten up, its one of those "spoof type commercials". There are too many other real problems in the world to get upset over this commercial.

Just watched it on youtube

OMG hahaha it's hilarious HAHAHAHAHHA
default_aktion033.gif
I WANT that mini hahah I'd never need guard dogs. Very funny ad.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Edited to say'''just watched it again and I can't stop laughing". I love it...how funny hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was funny actually and for teenagers living in the city with a postage stamp backyard a pony/mini it would not be an appropriate gift LOL I am SURE they would prefer the phone-the obvious point of the commercial-buy the wonderful phone! Now I am sure someone who was serious about purchasing a small equine would not suddenly see this silly commercial and decide OMG they bite and change their minds about buying one. Should we let them in on all the little secrets about our small equines? the also may kick you, step on you, eat expensive food, poop lots and find numerous ways to make you spend your hard earned money???
default_biggrin.png
LOL Lighten up!! :DOH!

On another note... there's ANOTHER holiday commercial with a Mini in it. I don't know what it's for, but there's a lady in a car and there's voice over singing about "things that are small" and someone is leading a Mini down the street. Anyone seen that one?
default_smile.png

My "only horsie by association" husband noticed that and rewound the tv so I could see it. He noticed one in another commercial a few weeks ago but I can't remember what it was for. When he saw this one he said, "Wow, they are really showing up in a lot of advertising these days, aren't they?"
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back