Verizon Christmas Commercial

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The horse could not have been too well trained if it was wind sucking. I feel sad that an owner would let anyone use their horses vice for profit.

The horse could not have been too well trained if it was wind sucking. I feel sad that an owner would let anyone use their horses vice for profit.

LOL Trust me there are many many well trained top horses that crib- that would be like saying everyone who smokes must have a low IQ

this is a commercial for a PHONE- it is not there job to educate the world on miniature horses look to your registries to do that.

No different then a diaper commercial expected to teach you how to properly care for your car

This is 60 seconds of which the horse is less then that on tv. It is meant to be a funny commerical like the commerical or not buy Verizon products or not but to start a "boycott" against them- or flooding there email boxes and phone lines for not properly eductating the world on minis is just going to make us mini owners look silly. Instead if you truly feel it will make such a huge impact on future mini owners use it then to your advantage as a way to start conversations with others (again if you truly feel that in this busy Christmas time the one thing that will stand out in everyones minds with all the holiday media is this one little mini)

Last edited:
Like I said.... Why would someone make money on their horses vice. Is that responsible? There are plenty of race horses that wind suck. They do it from for lack of anything better to do. Because they are confined except when they are doing their job. and this is training???

Come on guys anyone who knows something about horses isn't going to let the commercial bother them and those who watch the commercial and don't know anything about horses are going to think it is a Shetland which isn't going to do one bit of harm to Miniature horse sales.
default_wacko.png
Please, lighten up there are more important issues than a silly commercial. We can always go out and educate about mini horses and even invite people to our homes to see how special our minis are. Mary

those who watch the commercial and don't know anything about horses are going to think it is a Shetland

Not a single non-miniature horse person I have talked to about it has thought it was a miniature horse until I asked if they had seen it and mentioned it was a mini. Even horse people said it was "just a pony". They didn't even seem to link it to Shetlands, either.

I don't care if it is a draft horse. My point is I don't like that someone thinks wind sucking is funny.

Like I said.... Why would someone make money on their horses vice. Is that responsible? There are plenty of race horses that wind suck. They do it from for lack of anything better to do. Because they are confined except when they are doing their job. and this is training???
Let's see... from a 10 or 15 second clip of a horse we can tell it is poorly trained... has an irresponsible, greedy, evil owner... is a committed cribber as he is locked in a stall 24/7... was put in a dangerous situation... will undermine everyone's potential sales... will leave a lasting impression of All Minis Are Nasty in the public's mind... etc.

Dang - we're good!
default_biggrin.png

Everyone I have chatted to who has seen the commercial - mini people, big horse people, non-horse people... laughed about it and did not find anything objectionable about it. BTW - the two cribbers I know are both happy, active horses with a lot of interaction in their lives and jobs to do...

Pooping instead?? Nope. That gassy horse Budweiser commercial was pulled after MANY complaints.

Bud Lite commercial

And no - that "pony" would not have been injured or dragged that doghouse around or anything of the sort - everything on set is carefully monitored with trainers and humane society inspectors. What you see - is NOT necessarily what was actually there.

So no - the young Clyde was not pulling the wagon here - and the adults were not pushing it... and no one saw that and then went out and hung horse collars that low in the barn hooked up to a wagon that should have had blocks under the wheels (signs of an irresponsible trainer/breeder!! OMG!!) and the wagon did not roll forward and hurt the youngster as it would have in reality and no one believed that they should allow horses to roam at will around a farm... especially a herd of Clydesdales...

Yep - so all if us who laughed at that commercial are now contemptible as well - we get it.
default_biggrin.png

And I still think that horse may be trying to pull something yummy off the house - fake shingles - whatever - and not simply cribbing. But as I laughed at Tyrannosaurus Mini (I've known a few!) I guess my opinion does not matter...
default_smile.png
... and I am okay with that - I am off to the barn to do all sorts of irresponsible things!!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU, for bringing some good, old fashioned common sense back to this discussion!
default_wacko.png

Let's see... from a 10 or 15 second clip of a horse we can tell it is poorly trained... has an irresponsible, greedy, evil owner... is a committed cribber as he is locked in a stall 24/7... was put in a dangerous situation... will undermine everyone's potential sales... will leave a lasting impression of All Minis Are Nasty in the public's mind... etc.

Dang - we're good!
default_biggrin.png
Aren't we though......
default_rolleyes.gif

Humming one of my old favorites by Styx....."Too Much Time On My Hands"
default_laugh.png

When I 1st saw this commercial, I was alittle put off, being a new mini owner, my Giddy is the most docile, sweet thing there is. I guess I didnt like them portraying minis as mean.... but the whinny isnt realistic and they had to put something on the roof of the dog house to make the horse eat it!!

My thought was its a sad day when a cell phone is more important than a living thing like a mini that you can love...

Some people are better off with a cell phone and not a horse-responsilbility wise. Everyone is NOT responsible enough to have a horse of any kind... LOl Some shouldnt have a cell phone either but hey we dont get to decide for everyone just like they cant decide for us...

So I am now just ignoring this commercial as it is silly, but the way Verizon chose to promote their phones for the holiday...

HAHAhaaaHAHAHAAAAA that gassy budweiser commercial almost made me fall of my chair in stitches...that was Sooooo funny. Sorry.
default_biggrin.png
The phone one is real cute and can't see what that has to do with anyones sales..

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHEhee

I have watched the Verizon commercial a few times - and the horse may not actually be cribbing - but trying hard to pull on something tasty - like biting a chunk off a thick carrot. The "shingles" in question are likely something yummy that he had to work on... and not wood as so many simply assumed... again - in most cases what you think you see is not what was actually going on...
default_yes.gif
My mare did the same thing to my mineral block when I first brought her home, she bit down so hard she lifted her front legs right off the ground. It was funny but for the first few weeks I had to limit her time with the block of she would have chomped the whole thing down. My first thought when I saw the commercial wasn't "he is cribbing" it was "that is the same thing Mary did to her mineral block!!!"
default_unsure.png

I prefer the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials that use positive portrayals of the horse, and even when they use humor, it focuses on what horses do naturally... like the gassy grey horse hitched to the sleigh in the park with the couple out for a romantic evening....
I agree with this statement.

I should be offended by THIS commercial... I have a Border Terrier.... and he is sweet and cuddly and not trained to attack tender areas on people. How dare they portray Border terriers as evil, biting dogs!!
default_biggrin.png

Bud Lite Good Boy

...and all the Border terrier people I know of thought it was hilarious - it was even posted on the national club website for a while... no one worried that BTs would be seen in a bad light...

And in THIS one... OMG - a horse left loose in the barn - open grain avalable - people will think that is okay!! And the horse seems to have lice - he is rubbing!! And what - no barn cats?? - the mice are out of control!!

Mouse help

And in this one... well - nudity is involved...
default_new_shocked.gif

My point is just that IMO there is no need to take such commercials seriously...
default_yes.gif

default_gaah.gif

The biting question bothers me so, but I also agree with tagalong. Anyone who's close to the heart of a miniature horse will know better than to take this comercial too too seriously. And I highly doubt anyone considering purchasing a mini will think about "that dumb verizon commercial with the pony," and change their mind.

Hahahahahahah sorry for bringing this UP
default_rolleyes.gif
again but..........I just had such a good time reading it!!!!!!!! Ok for the people who were offended because the horse was either biting the dog house, eating the dog house, or wind sucking....

you do realize that these things are a BIG reality of horses right? AND I know some might not want unsuspecting buyers to know it but horses DO and WILL bite!!!!

I just honestly CANNOT believe how much got pulled from this one little commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure your sales won't suffer because of this funny little commercial!!!

Thanks for entertaining me!!! This provided me with a Jolly Christmas laugh
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

OMG Tagalong! I love you! We all just sat here and enjoyed those videos!

BTW I run a riding facility, and I always get asked if they bite, heck yes some do! The commercial was Hilarious, and if That earns me a coach class seat on the plane ride to heck, ... well at least make mine an aisle seat please!
default_wink.png

Looks like all miniature horse owners now have the job of reedcuating the non horse people on miniature horse personalities ( and proper housing)............................................................... You know the writers of this commercial probably got their cue from us miniature horse owners... :DOH! ....... After all how many of you have told someone "all you need is a place big enough for a dog"..
default_unsure.png
. Thereeeee's yur sign!!! :DOH!

I should be offended by THIS commercial... I have a Border Terrier.... and he is sweet and cuddly and not trained to attack tender areas on people. How dare they portray Border terriers as evil, biting dogs!!
default_biggrin.png

Bud Lite Good Boy

...and all the Border terrier people I know of thought it was hilarious - it was even posted on the national club website for a while... no one worried that BTs would be seen in a bad light...

And in THIS one... OMG - a horse left loose in the barn - open grain avalable - people will think that is okay!! And the horse seems to have lice - he is rubbing!! And what - no barn cats?? - the mice are out of control!!

Mouse help

And in this one... well - nudity is involved...
default_new_shocked.gif

hahahahahahaha THANKS!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back