Update on condition of the Kansas Kids

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY! I am soooooo happy for all of these horses, and thanks for letting us know how they are doing. We'll be watching for future updates as well, and again, THANK YOU to EVERYONE that helped the horses!
default_wub.png
:

I have just received an update on "Boo", and I have permission from the caretaker to post this here. I have let Mona know I was going to post this. I do NOT want this to cause an uproar like what was heppening tonight on the other forum but I think it will speak volumes as to what we are up against with some that were removed from the site. I am removing the caretaker's name as she has enough to deal with at the moment and is emotionally exhausted.

Sorry I did not get the pics sent. We had a bad storm after I sent you the first email and it burned up my modem on my commuter so I am writing this on my son's right now. I will send them to you as soon as I get my PC going again.Marty wanted me to post pics of them on the forum but right now I really do not want to deal with any one who is going to bash me ,or CMHR.They are not seeing what is in my barn right now.Boo is walking on his pasterns because his hoofs are sooo long,he looks like he will have long term leg issues.You cannot tell in the pics on how bad off he really is. I do not think he would have lasted the month.The mare is just as bad also.They would have died I know. They are really weak,walk real slow.head's hung altho they do raise there heads when they see me and seem to know that I am there to help them .I am crying as I am writing you ,they are so bad looking,as far as helping on Boo Contact CMHR and let them know .I went and bought more wormer today and some new brome hay for them .I will send you pics as soon as I can.If you want to go on the forum for me and post what I have told you ,you can. I am so up set and mad right now ,they did not deserve this,I just need time to get my emotions in check .. I hope that you can adopt boo. You would love him.
Now if any of you wish to bash me, go right ahead. I have big shoulders. I just thought it was important to not hide our head in the sand on some of the issues these minis have. It is going to be a long and difficult road to get these horses back to full health and that is the truth!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pea Eye, General and Bob saw a vet today. His opinion was 1) they are all senior citizens! 2) that explains their thinness-they were unable to vie for themselves at the feed bunk as well as the younger stronger horse. His prognosis was very optimistic for all three.

Two of them are going to what sounds to me like an experienced and wonderfully indulgent forever home.

As for Pea Eye, this is his last stop--his forever home. I look forward to many moons with him--and I imagine he does, too.

Three happy endings..Li'l Beginnings.

Just read Danille E's post. Boo was among the first group, what we deemed the most critical. The next three were among the thinnest. It was time. It's hard to hear, but it's great to know that the ones needing the most care are receiving what they need and deserve--focus on the future.

I've seen some far worse cases in hoof care turn around. Good nutrition and expert farrier care can literally move mountains. It takes time. We're all here for the long haul, right?

Bless you all who have the heartbreakers. It doesn't make a difference to what you are going through--or them--but just to prevent widespread panic, the majority are not like that. (No excuses--just facts.)

I am so excited for the ones that made it out. It's all new beginnings now for them. They have another chance at life.

Thank you fosters for your care and love.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Please do take pictures to document their progress.

I know what you are going through I've been there many times, but don't cry anymore; they are going to make it now! They will turn around, they just need time. Promise!

Danielle, I just know Boo is going to live and end up a Canadian saying "eh".

For those that have been left behind, they have not been forgotten. (((( )))) :538:

Danielle I appreciate you updating us on Boo. Poor little fella; but at least he has a chance now, and that's saying a bunch. Of course it isn't what we wanted to hear but we've all been way too involved to not want to know the bad news as well as the good.

A very special thanks to his foster mom!! She obviously is doing her very best for him.

I'll respectfully address my next comment to the BOD of CMHR.

It sounded, from Marty's latest update, like something went badly wrong on Sunday and if you can't share details....so be it. I'm not trying to pry or get information you can't divulge. But I, for one, was very disappointed when I noticed that both threads about the Kansas Minis have totally disappeared. If the pictures weren't so fresh my mind and my trip to the farm so recent, I'd almost think it was just all a bad dream. You asked us for help. We stepped up and helped. Please don't shut us out now. If it's over, tell us so. If it isn't, or if there is still hope, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.

It is so good to hear that the minis that were in the worst condition are now in homes that will meet their needs.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I too hope that we are not shut out ..after all we have all been through the heartache of seeing these minis as they were...something that willl not leave our memories soon, if ever, and we have been involved in one way and another toward getting help for them. Mary

Danielle I appreciate you updating us on Boo. Poor little fella; but at least he has a chance now, and that's saying a bunch. Of course it isn't what we wanted to hear but we've all been way too involved to not want to know the bad news as well as the good.

A very special thanks to his foster mom!! She obviously is doing her very best for him.

I'll respectfully address my next comment to the BOD of CMHR.

It sounded, from Marty's latest update, like something went badly wrong on Sunday and if you can't share details....so be it. I'm not trying to pry or get information you can't divulge. But I, for one, was very disappointed when I noticed that both threads about the Kansas Minis have totally disappeared. If the pictures weren't so fresh my mind and my trip to the farm so recent, I'd almost think it was just all a bad dream. You asked us for help. We stepped up and helped. Please don't shut us out now. If it's over, tell us so. If it isn't, or if there is still hope, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know.

When I arrived Sunday, I was expected, so I was welcomed on to the property. I don't know what--if anything specific--happened. No use to speculate--this is hard to understand from so many angles. Lets keep this focused on the future. Nobody's giving up and remember--Vern has continued to cooperate and many are committed to seeing this through.

What I do understand is everybody's concern and I will keep you in touch about the horses on my end. This is my first experience with minis and I respect, admire and appreciate ya'lls love for them.WOW--they are so CUTE. Are Lays Potato Chips a good analogy?

Signing out for tonight--

Kristin, Pea Eye, General and Bob

As a total observation I think we have to accept we dont need to know everything CMHR does and or says in respect to this rescue. Seems they are almost in a no win situation- told not to air everything and all the details or anything that makes the owner look "bad" and then of course us wanting to know the details. I can see how it is a catch 22 for all involved.

Bottom line is that thank goodness some of those horses are in new homes and getting better I am grateful to those that were able to step up and make it happen

Sounds like you know more than some of us. I just couldn't see why CMHR would have anything to hide and of course there shouldn't be a need for bad mouthing Mr T. especialy with the way he was cooperating. I see nothing wrong with wanting the facts of a matter because it is much better to hear the facts than to listen to the gossip that can run from a situation like this. :eek: Mary

As a total observation I think we have to accept we dont need to know everything CMHR does and or says in respect to this rescue. Seems they are almost in a no win situation- told not to air everything and all the details or anything that makes the owner look "bad" and then of course us wanting to know the details. I can see how it is a catch 22 for all involved.

Bottom line is that thank goodness some of those horses are in new homes and getting better I am grateful to those that were able to step up and make it happen

It's not my call so don't ask me anything. I had hoped many more were able to be sold to good homes but it didn't happen for some reasons. Maybe it still can. I'm not sure. I don't know. Virginia will post an update when she is ready. She was there, not me. I was over her house today and she was sleeping like a log, poor thing is plum wore out and needs a lot of rest. I'm going to bake her something fattening and sinful to eat to help her recover. I did get to see one little baby foal she brought home. Looks buckskin. Very precious little thing, so tiny!

ADDED: Kristin I hear you are one great person!

I am SO glad to hear how the little guys are doing!! Yes, Lay's Potato Chips, or any brand for that matter, LOL, is THE Mini analogy!! Wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard the comparison.

I hope the little guys continue to improve. Everyone keep us posted.

I hope that things are ok out at Mr. Trembly's and that things will continue to improve for all. I hope he really does realize that everyone wants to help and see him and the Minis ready for winter and that the many new friends are not forgotten by him!

Are Lays Potato Chips a good analogy?
Absolutely!!!

I'd have a herd of them myself if I could afford to do all their feet, but I know my limit right now is 3. I only have two but I want to keep wiggle room in case of emergencies.

(I will try to remember what was written.) The rescues were told to leave the property on sunday and that no more horses can go until November 9th? I believe the November 9th day is key to us getting more information. If the rescues are being hushed then we need to try to be patient. It sounds as if for either legal 30 days or medical 30 days reasons could be the cause. Mr Trembley is cooperating so I am sure the situation is overwhelming for him, sheriffs and the people helping.

I did want to mention to those of you who have purchased the minis that quarantine time is very important! They may not be free of disease that could spread to other horses. And it may be a good idea for those horses to wait until November if nothing else that would be a good 30 day quarantine.

This is just my opinion. I will not speculate any further.

I was wondering if the clean-up started Sunday and if it is still scheduled for Oct. 27th.

I've been wondering about the clean-up crew too. What a shame if they were there ready to help and were asked to leave!

There's no doubt Jenny is totally exhausted. I hope she's able to catch up on her rest soon, and I'm sure she'd love something "fattening and sinful" about now. I know I would!!

Im sure mary lou can speak for herself
default_smile.png
but those threads were removed because there was nothing positive in them and they were going straight down hill. The bickering and fighting is not going to help Vern or the horses.

As Lisa said it really is a catch 22. If CMHR posts people get mad. If they dont post people get mad. It has nothing to do with hiding anything.

Im sure when Ginny has had time to sleep and check on her own horses etc she will come give a statement. But please be patient. Shes been through a really rough time and I have no doubt she needs to catch up on some sleep and just deflate. As most of you know this is emotionally and physically exhausting to go through something like this.

Im sure mary lou can speak for herself
default_smile.png
but those threads were removed because there was nothing positive in them and they were going straight down hill. The bickering and fighting is not going to help Vern or the horses.

As Lisa said it really is a catch 22. If CMHR posts people get mad. If they dont post people get mad. It has nothing to do with hiding anything.

Im sure when Ginny has had time to sleep and check on her own horses etc she will come give a statement. But please be patient. Shes been through a really rough time and I have no doubt she needs to catch up on some sleep and just deflate. As most of you know this is emotionally and physically exhausting to go through something like this.

Kay I can understand why the thread was locked. I can't see why it was totally deleted though. To say there was nothing positive in the thread that was deleted is not quite true. One just can't rewrite history. I also don't see where you can say people were mad at CMHR posts or that people are mad now because they are asking for updates. In the original, now deleted thread, questions were asked and clarification sought. That is a reasonable expectation because people don't check their brains at the door when they log on here.

Danielle, it was Boo that hit my heart as well and made me decide I had to help in some way thus our auction. I am so glad he is outta there because he had just given up. My light is with all who help and those in need.

Back