Update on condition of the Kansas Kids

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know that I just spoke with Sharon. She's the person who hauled the horses that were moved on Friday. She said that those still with her are all doing fine. There was one they were concerned about, but he's coming around. They're eating well (both feed and hay) they've had their manes and tails brushed and have been hand grazed for a few minutes. She will have a vet out to do teeth and give them a thorough examination.

She asked me to tell you that we'll try to get pictures on as soon as possible.

I want to publicly thank her for taking on this responsibility and to say "Sharon, I think you're an angel!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how concerned everyone is, so I wanted to post I have three geldings here. They're doing well so far and will see the vet at 2:00 this afternoon. Thanks to CMHR and SWER.

Kristin Chambers

Winding Road Equine Rescue & Retirement

pics3.gif

Pics.gif

:aktion033: Thanks to all of you! :aktion033:

I wish I knew what was happening with the ones that remain... :no:

I know how concerned everyone is, so I wanted to post I have three geldings here. They're doing well so far and will see the vet at 2:00 this afternoon. Thanks to CMHR and SWER.

Kristin Chambers

Winding Road Equine Rescue & Retirement
Didn't you say in the other post that you have the boy who is missing an eye? If so, I just wanted to say I was so worried about him and was wondering if he'd been taken out of there so I was VERY thrilled to hear he was one of the ones you managed to get.

Didn't you say in the other post that you have the boy who is missing an eye? If so, I just wanted to say I was so worried about him and was wondering if he'd been taken out of there so I was VERY thrilled to hear he was one of the ones you managed to get.

Yep--he's here and has a very sweet disposition. I am anxious to get the vet's report and will let evryone know.

Donna, Judy, Barbie,etc. etc. etc. all those that helped me locate "Boo" and to the individual who now has him in her care, THANK YOU!!!!! :bgrin. His caretake has graciously offered to share some pics and updates with me but I will ask Ginny first if it's okay to share the pics or if the caretaker would like to come directly here and share or Ginny may post. Doing the happy dance now. :risa8: :new_multi:
default_pray.gif
:

You are all angels who have taken in these minis. :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:
default_cheekkiss.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
:
default_thumbup.gif
: If there is anything in particular that is needed for one or the other of these guys please let me know and I will do what I can. Mary

Oh wow I was going to ask today if there was an update on the Kansas horses...I am so happy to hear some have finally been removed! Does anyone have a total count on how many horses are there, and how many have been removed so far? I am so glad the colt with the missing eye has found a new caretaker!

YAY for you ALL!!!!! Please continue to help these poor minis!!!!! And please do post pictures as they get better!

Yep--he's here and has a very sweet disposition. I am anxious to get the vet's report and will let evryone know.
YAY!!! I'd love to hear how is doing now and then. He was really the one that got to me the most through all of this.

Danielle I'm sooo happy you located Boo. Let us know how things go with getting him.

Not sure if I should mention this or not......but.......when I was there on Friday I saw another who had lost an eye. I pointed him out to Ginny and I know he is one she had hoped to be able to get on Sunday.
default_sad.png
Guess all we can do is surround him with white light and hope someone gets him eventually.

I'm not sure by any means, but I believe about 20 have been moved. The original 11 Vern surrendered plus 1 foal who went out on the first trailer Friday plus the 8 who went out on the second trailer. I think my numbers are right but I sure wouldn't bet on it. Let's just call it my guesstimate.

I am a big fan of Larry McMurtry and Lonesome Dove. The one-eyed gelding has been named after a character in that book: Pea Eye. Already gained a nickname totally unsuitable for a gelding--Sweet Pea.

This is a great new thread here with a great title. Every post has stayed on track. Future contributors, please commit to preserving the integrity of this and everyone involved.

Kristin

I am a big fan of Larry McMurtry and Lonesome Dove. The one-eyed gelding has been named after a character in that book: Pea Eye. Already gained a nickname totally unsuitable for a gelding--Sweet Pea.

Kristin it's not so bad, SweetPea is the baby in the Popeye cartoons and that was a boy!

default_wub.png
:

Donna, Judy, Barbie,etc. etc. etc. all those that helped me locate "Boo" and to the individual who now has him in her care, THANK YOU!!!!! :bgrin. His caretake has graciously offered to share some pics and updates with me but I will ask Ginny first if it's okay to share the pics or if the caretaker would like to come directly here and share or Ginny may post. Doing the happy dance now. :risa8: :new_multi:
default_pray.gif
:
:aktion033: I AM HAPPY THAT YOU FINALLY GOT TO KNOW THAT HE IS O.K. I NAMED HIM "Boo" AND I THINK IT FITS HIM GOOD. HE IS WITH ANOTHER CARETAKER AND WAS TAKEN THERE YESTERDAY TO HELP ME OUT. ISN'T IT GREAT THAT WE WERE ABLE TO PULL TOGETHER ON THIS AND GET SOMETHING DONE. :aktion033: JUDY ..".HOME OF TINKER TOYS FIESTA"

Kristin I remember Pea Eye in Lonesome Dove on TV. I think it's the perfect name for your little guy; and Sweet Pea seems to be a natural alterntive for it (though not quite so manly). I think he captured a lot of our hearts. Please keep us posted on his progress.

:aktion033: So, so happy to hear that some of the minis have been moved to a better place. Bless you all for helping them. I hope the other one eyed horse can get moved soon too.

Yvonne

:aktion033: So, so happy to hear that some of the minis have been moved to a better place. Bless you all for helping them. I hope the other one eyed horse can get moved soon too.

Yvonne
Thank you all for taking in the minis. I have been thinking about the minis and wondering how

the little rescues were doing.

Latest posts

Back