Tilly and Ginny....updated pictures!! 5-4-2013

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics.

I don't think she tore but my AQHA mare was very bruised after her first foaling. There is nothing you could have done differently to prevent the tearing, its just one of those things.

Congrats on the little sweetie, I can't get over the length of her foal slippers at birth!!

You coped marvellously - well done to you and hubby!!
default_thumbup.gif

Small tears of the vulva in maiden mares is not unusual and she will heal up just fine - just gently keep the area clean for a few days if she will let you.

No wonder there was a bit of a problem with those legs - they are soooooooooooo long even though her little body is quite slight, bless her. She's gorgeous, by the way!! Was the sire coloured - sorry cant remember - were you a bit suprised at the colour as she was being born?

Love that picture of Summer greeting her new baby - I love those first moments when a mare gets to say Hello to the monster that has been kicking her for the past months! LOL!!

Well it has been a long wait for you (and us!) but I'm sure that you now think that it was worth it. Many congrats!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah what a cutie, sounds like it was a real nail bitter. I am so glad you woke up in time to help her. As Anna has said she will be fine just keep a close eye on her and keep her nice and clean.

I went back to find Daddy cos I too was surprised by her colour, here he is.

/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-56240700-1362968150_thumb.jpg

Thanks Renee, I remember him now, a very handsome little fella - should be a good looking filly. Well done to Ginny!
default_thumbup.gif

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE ALL!!!!!!!

That's one handsome daddy -- and one VERY pretty little girl!!! Good job everyone. As Anna said, a couple of small tears -- there was nothing you could have done. And they will heal up -- just watch them, keep them as clean as you can, and use some antibiotic ointment. They'll be gone in 3-4 days most likely!

Pretty little face and LOVE those long legs!!! And since she's also appaloosa bred, you might begin to see some spots on her rump. My first pintaloosa was born looking much like this little girl -- then when I clipped him out of his foal jammies, we found this everywhere he had been white.

Eddy 1 hour old.jpg Eddy spots 5.jpg Eddie spots 1.jpg

NEVER saw a spot on him, until I clipped him -- just his pinto markings !!

No taking them out a while with mum on the lead is a good idea, let Ginny have some grass as it will do her good. I usually take mine out in a safe area a couple of times a day for about an hour for a day or two and just gradually increase the time. Baby will get tired quickly so just keep an eye on her.

Congratulations and great job with assisting!!! She is gorgeous and does not need those "other" kind of spots at all LOL!!

All went well, mom and baby enjoyed some sun, we named herTilly, my daughters loved the name. I am exhausted. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you have all helped me get through this pregnancy, with a perfect little girl.

You had all the hard work, we were just here with encouragement and support so well done to you!

Great to hear they have been able to have some outside time - the grass will be good for Ginny and little Tilly needs to exercise her legs and her lungs to start to build her overall strength and development. How about a picture for us when you next have them out.
default_yes.gif

Good thing you had that dream...It was partially right...Someone is looking out for your family
default_hypocrite.gif
. Congrats, she is beautiful.
default_cheers.gif

We are here to help and seeing pics of bouncy happy babies gives us the strength to carry on.
default_yes.gif
I am glad they enjoyed their outside time but as Anna said don't forget to share some pics.
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back