Tilly and Ginny....updated pictures!! 5-4-2013

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sun is up
default_smile.png
any baby news ????

She looks so very close, maybe the warmth this weekend is what she has been waiting for?

I would think tonight
default_smile.png
Don't leave her alone from now on that's for sure. Did you manage to find out why the cam won't work for me? Did you change the password? I try abcdefg to get in and then 123456 but nothing happens
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't take my eyes off of her, but then minie isn't there yet and I STILL don't take my eyes off of her! But your mare should foal very soon I would think - like tonight.

Stay with her. She won't be waiting long -- I'm thinking tonight too -- so bunk out with her to get this little one safely on the ground!!

Got my fingers tightly crossed and offering prayers and good foaling thoughts!
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Most babies will be up and looking for the milkbar within the first hour. I, personally, like to get colostrum in them within the 1st hour, so if they haven't nursed by hour 1, I milk momma and give baby a syringe of colostrum. But some babies can go several hours without eating as they figure things out!

Just can't wait for pictures!

yippeeeeeeee I am so happy. well done for helping
default_thumbup.gif
I ditto what Diane said.

Many congratulations!! We need all the details (and pics of course) when you can drag yourself away. I usually leave my babies alone for the first few hours (as long as everything looks normal) to let them find the milk bar on their own, and only step in after that, but everyone has their own way of doing things and none of them are wrong!

Dont forget the small mushy feeds for proud Momma to help get her system moving again. Has she passed the placenta yet?

Again many congrats, so glad you were there and helped with the delivery - nothing like welcoming your first little one into the world is there?
default_yes.gif

Ok ladies here is the story and some pictures, Ginny had waxed up yesterday afteroon!! We watched her all night, we had family watching her on camera and had shifts all worked out, so some of us could sleep. At 4:00 nothing was any different, she was sleeping and was not looking at all in labor. I dozed off, yep I did and I feel terrible about that, how could I have done that?? But anyway, at 0430 I woke up because I had a dream that she had a black and white pinto, once I realized it was a dream, I realized I had dozed off, I looked at the computer screen and she was rolling with one leg sticking out. I grabbed my birthing kit, and my husband...
default_smile.png

She was sweating up a storm, grunting and obvisoulsy struggling. I immediately saw the white sack (thank you Jesus) one leg, put my two fingers in (a very very tight fit) and felt the other leg, and the nose and could tell it was breathing. I tried massaging Ginny's perineal area to stretch some things, with not much luck...panic did not set in yet. The other leg came out, and my husband gently helped as she contracted, I kept massaging to help get the head out, finally the head came out and the rest slid out. The baby is super small but Ginny really has a small pelvis. She is bruised, and she has two tears ont the outside of her vulva. I gave her some pain medication after for she was up and down a lot and was obviously having pain. She is a first time mom and WONDERFUL with her baby and us! The baby really had difficulty finding the boob, sucked everywhere but the nipple. We called the vet, three hours had gone by and still no nursing. We ended up milking her with a syringe with the end cut off, and fed the baby about 30 cc of colostrum. She is nursing now and Ginny is dripping milk!! So here are the pictures! Has anyone else had a mare tear? I feel so bad, like I did something wrong? My husband told me, you did nothing wrong, you helped the best you could, she has a live foal and Ginny looks happy! Mommy guilt I guess! DSCN2324.JPG

DSCN2328.JPG

DSCN2334.JPG

DSCN2338.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

DSCN2342.JPG

DSCN2350.JPG

DSCN2354.JPG

Latest posts

Back