Tilly and Ginny....updated pictures!! 5-4-2013

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whispering_Pines

Reaction score
I posted this over on the general board but now am giving you ladies an opportunity to let me know what you think...please excuse my poor picture taking abilities, and apparently I must shave Ginny's belly some? Yes? I didn't even give it a thought. I am now of course. I do now know how she will do with the clippers, I have never trimmed her, though I know her past owner did in spring, but said she froze to death, so told me NOT to do it!

I added our cam link I believe on page 6, my phone number is 715-850~0221 or 715~850~0222 Thank you so much everyone.

/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-77681300-1362870227_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-86766200-1362870079_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-46745600-1362870421_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like she's not quite done cooking yet, but these mares can surprise us! I'm doing foal watch tonight on our silver bay mare, Onyx. She has been so irritable and frantically rubbing her rear end for about an hour. Now she's breathing heavy and just hanging out. Only about a 15% udder, slight softening in tail head and no color change in vulva. She's about 309 days. Just keep a close eye on her!

I'm sitting here doing homework for a bachelors class I'm taking and watching Ginny...she is laying down, flat out right now, with her friend the goat! OK I lied now she's up...
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

I posted this over on the general board but now am giving you ladies an opportunity to let me know what you think...please excuse my poor picture taking abilities, and apparently I must shave Ginny's belly some? Yes? I didn't even give it a thought. I am now of course. I do now know how she will do with the clippers, I have never trimmed her, though I know her past owner did in spring, but said she froze to death, so told me NOT to do it! LOL

/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-77681300-1362870227_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-86766200-1362870079_thumb.jpg/monthly_03_2013/post-44990-0-46745600-1362870421_thumb.jpg
my mare is around 316 days and looking just like Ginny !

we just have to wait and wait and wait !!!!!!!!!!

Its the wait, wait, wait, that is hard, hard, hard...and then the anxiety of "what if" I likely won't have any babies next year or ever again, so I better enjoy this experience.
default_smile.png

We all worry about what if....that is one thing so hard about breeding our wonderful mares

But when things all go well , as they often do... it's so worth the worry

But I agree with you part of my anxiousness is to get past the worry and enjoy

She is such a cutie, do you have any pics of her in her summer dress?

The little appy mare is Ginny? Spots??? Spots? Really neat. CUTE, CUTE mare.

These minis are sooo funny! Compared to yours, my mares look like whaling ships w/ very little luggage at the moment (they all have a tendency to get large udders before they go..).

Yep I promise both you that is Ginny...she looks so different doesn't she from her summer attire! My son just jumped off the couch and ran to the computer screen and said "mom is that Ginny" I said YES, Riley it is....he said "no its not" I said I'm not lying, do you see her in her pasture? How soon we forget what they normally look like. She is a little appy, she is bred to this guy...( I do have permission from his owner to post his picture)

So her foal could be very interesting, the owner really wanted to keep Ginny but could not afford her and really wanted to buy the foal when she had it, but I am not going to sell her foal....

lovely mare, should have a nice foal
default_smile.png
she looks to be right on track to me!

with clipping some people do it and some don't is she losing massive amounts of hair? the worry is when she has the foal and the foal is trying to search for the nipples as they do the first week or so the can sometimes grab hold of the hair and swallow not good at all for baby so the reason they clip is to elimiate the chances of that... whether you decide to clip or not is up to you... when my silver bay mare was pregnant I clipped her tummy but her coat underneath was really light so she was dark brown every where except her tummy lol
default_thud.gif
looked a bit ridiculous (my first clip job I should add LOL) but it worked
default_smile.png

So I will likely clip her, I have never clipped a thing in my life...ha ha. I am a nurse and have prepped many people for the OR but never a horse getting ready to foal. I need to buy a clippers, what size would you clip her with? This could be interesting!

She's looking great - and I dont think you will have to wait that long to see this special baby. In around 50 years of foaling mares of all types we have never clipped tummies and never had a problem. But I do know that others have had trouble with foals ingesting their dam's tummy fluff - as clippers are pretty expensive, do you know someone with a set that you could borrow, just to see how Ginny reacts to the noise and the clippers vibrating against her body before you think about investing in something you may not need again for a long while (if ever)? Maybe, if Ginny is ok, perhaps you could use the borrowed clippers for this quick clip??

Love the pic of the coming baby's Daddy - very handsome little man!
default_yes.gif

I vote for a pintaloosa too
default_thumbup.gif
Diane why don't you share a pic of Volt and Lola
default_please.gif

Yes sorry he IS
default_blush.png
but I wouldn't mind seeing a fewspot too
default_new_rofl.gif
They are all so gorgeous. Kc and Lola are just perfect examples of what a good pintaloosa should look like in my opinion (for what it's worth)

Near-Fewspot Pintaloosafabulicious if you ask me
default_smile.png
his new owners are very lucky
default_thumbup.gif
but you should have sent him to me
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back