Tilly and Ginny....updated pictures!! 5-4-2013

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my way to work, I really wanted to stay home today but no off to work. I have lots of pictures on facebook, if any of you are on Facebook we could be friends on there ! Search Val VanEperen Hoffmann. I'll post some new ones tonight.

They went out two different times today and had a great time, that little girl can run....WOW! My goat Pinny and Ginny were inseperatable until I seperated them a few weeks before Ginny was due, Renee probably can vouch how close they were, using each other for pillows at night. I let the goats go out tonight with Ginny and Tilly, everyone got along fine, Ginny could have cared less that the goats where by her baby...They all ran and ran, kicked and bucked, and well my little fainting goat, did faint when the baby sniffed him!

DSCN2361.JPGDSCN2364.JPGDSCN2366.JPGDSCN2367.JPGDSCN2369.JPGDSCN2372.JPGDSCN2373.JPGDSCN2375.JPGDSCN2383.JPGDSCN2385.JPG

Awww what an adorable little filly!!! Good thing mama turned into a milk cow
default_risa_suelos.gif
I love it when that happens. I'm sure her vulva will heal well, most of us know how it feels and I know that I CRINGE when I see that! Congrats on your
default_wub.png
little cutie pie!!!

Her vulva is healing, I cleaned it last night with warm soapy water (dial soap) she stood so still, like it felt good, I smeared triple antibiotic cream all over it...and she stood for that. It is still really bruised looking, but seeing how she was running and trying to rub it on the fence, it can't hurt her as much as I think it should! They had a blast tonight! I think she tuckered that little girl right out, I am watching them on camera right now and both are zonked out in their stall.

Val

I have been watching them on camera, both were sleeping, Tilly woke up, walked over to Ginny who was sleeping lying on her side, and Tilly walked right up the milk bar and started to nurse with Ginny laying down, all I could do was laugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Val, they are just adorable together
default_yes.gif
Ginny looks so proud in this pic

/monthly_04_2013/post-44990-0-54532500-1367290439_thumb.jpg

You had me giggling when you told us about her meeting your fainting goat
default_new_rofl.gif
I am so glad that they all get on and that Ginny is comfy with the goats around, they will be great company for Tilly growing up
default_yes.gif

She still surprises me everytime I look at her cos I just wasn't expecting a wild pinto
default_new_shocked.gif
and she is also a big girl too, have you measured her canon bone yet?

Keep the pics coming
default_thumbup.gif

THOSE PICTURES ARE PRECIOUS!!!

So the little fainting goat stayed true to form! How cute!

Lovely pictures....keep them coming!!

Aww what a doll
default_smile.png
Looks like she's thinking of stirring up trouble in the close p of her face.. Too cute!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She made the goat faint...
default_new_rofl.gif
Such power!

I'm so glad that everyone is getting along so well and that baby and momma are doing so well!

Yep, she made Piccaso faint, it was priceless. I am able to watch them from work at my desk, and I am pretty sure i am a very non productive employee this week. It is 80 today and my husband was kind enought to take them outside for an hour this morning. I am leaving work at 1430 to go spend some outside time with the two of them, before my "hoggy" kids come home from school! I need to put Ginny on a leash because otherwise she runs around like a wild women, not that the baby can't keep up but it gets a little scary at times. Once Ginny is out there a bit she settles down some. The lady I bought Ginny from, really stated she regretted selling her. She told me she actually sold the stud that Ginny was bred to because he only "threw" stud colts. Well he didn't, I have a filly out of him and this was his first filly. She told me via email, she loves how she looks and has all her daddy's features.

I bet you are doing loads of work
default_whistling.gif
I also bet that your girls are on cloud nine
default_smile.png
It is a very sensible idea to keep Ginny on the lead until she settles cos we don't want Tilly getting hurt or over heated
default_sad.png

I bet her old owner is biting her fists, I know I would be
default_yes.gif

OH BOY -- do I know how her past owner feels. Knowing how everyone seems to like the leopard appaloosas -- many of us laugh to ourselves and say the ONLY way to GUARANTEE a leopard foal -- is to sell the mother while she's pregnant! LOL Now if you keep the mother -- you'll probably get an appaloosa solid with no spots showing!

Such a gorgeous little one!

Gorgeous photos, Ginny is looking amazing
default_smile.png
and the little one is just so cute

I am sooooo impressed by how Ginny looks after birth, I worked really hard to feed her well through the winter, I did feed her grain all winter with mare and foal supplement, and hay of course. With all her winter fuzzy it was so hard to tell if I was making her a lardo or not! She looks great to me! I continue to feed her grain twice daily. I have more pictures from tonight....tell me anytime...Val we have seen enough of your animals....LOL

DSC_0003.JPGDSC_0004.JPGDSC_0009.JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0042.JPGDSC_0044.JPGDSC_0046.JPGDSC_0049.JPG

NEVER will we say no more pictures!! We just love all the pictures and these are great!! Such a pretty little baby!! And I love the other pictures too!

Oh YES we need lots of pictures!! Especially when they are such fabulous ones!
default_yes.gif

Thanks girls! I have a question, Ginny is healing (I think) in her vulva area, but tonight she has a lot of brown mucous discharge, it doesn't smell, the inside of course is still very bruised. Ginny is acting just fine, eating, pooping, running, playing ect. It makes sense to me that this would be normal, women have the same thing after they give birth. Should I worry?

No pictures tonight, I had to go in to town and get some more treats, a new gate, ect. I finally could go to town and not worry Ginny was going to give birth when I left, it was nice!

Val

If I was you I would call your vet and tell them about the discharge, it is probably nothing but better to check.

Latest posts

Back