Things keep getting better!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
I've worked at a grocery store for the last 4 years. I don't really hate it I just am getting tired of the people that I work with. They just don't seem to want to do their job. I was only making 8.50 an hour which is great compared to what a lot of others make. The only reason I was getting that much is because I went to nightstock for 6 months. I went in and tried to get put on as regular time so I could get guaranteed 32 hours a week. They tend to cut hours pretty bad during the winter (to 12 or 15) and with the baby coming there was no way I could afford it. The store director told me no. So I went looking and found out yesterday that I will be starting my new job on the 27th of this month!!!! I'm going to make $11.00 and hour, full time (40 hours), and get full benefits (including dental) after 90 days! They know that I'm due in October and they don't have a problem with me taking a month to 6 weeks off! I will be working in the credit department at a department store's corporate office! I'm going from being on my feet for 8 hours a day to having my own cubicle and computer! My grandma does this for a living so I'm somewhat familiar to what she does. And besides that I will be able to concentrate on doing 1 or 2 things instead of running around doing 3 things at once at customer service.

We went from our run down old apartment to our 2 year old mobile home, got my mom's dog back, and now I'm starting my new job all since June! Things definately are starting to get better for us that's for sure! Oh and I figured it out that what I make at the grocery store in a month, I will be making in TWO weeks! I'm so excited!

:aktion033: Glad things are looking up for you, give yourself a pat on the back, if you hadn't gone looking for a new job you wouldn't be getting so much more money and benefits too, that is a bonus :bgrin You go girl :bgrin :aktion033:

Yvonne

good luck . sounds great ..

yea i was making anywere from 8.50 to 9/hr being a security officer for a while now. i will now be making 11.50/hr myself so i know how it feels to be able to "move up" . so glad to hear. good luck and look forward to pics of the baby...

james

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so excited and nervous! My job at the store was my first ever job and the reason I got it was my friend who worked there took me into the office and said she needs a job. They asked when I could start and I filled all the paperwork out. This is my first job that I actually had to apply for and go through interviews to get! I'm so nervous because I don't know ANYBODY there unlike the first job was all my friends from school. But the best thing is I will be working 1st shift instead of 2nd so I can spend time with my baby at night instead of sending him to grandma's!

Latest posts

Back