Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe well... Bek n I did it!! Finn was a STAR!!! was so cute! thought he was getting scratches!! LOL

except when it came to his legs but thats ok LOL we got all of him clipped!! except legs and face
default_biggrin.png

his coat was SO thick!!!! it blunt the blades LOL shhh I'll just take them back to the vets they will get them cleaned hehe.... he was really good! his coat turned out pretty good, considering it was my first full clip job
default_rolleyes.gif

we had a bit of fun with him hehe, then we jumped in the pool was so nice
default_laugh.png

so as requested here are some pics... will take some more tomorrow hopefully
default_biggrin.png

So here he is!!

Kingspark Fair Warrior!! after his first clip at 3 months old!!
default_wub.png

finn01.jpg

finn02.jpg

finn04.jpg

finn05.jpg

so? what do you think? his coat isn't as dull as I thought it was going to be which is good LOL at the moment he looks Liver chestnut LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
(I think anyway LOL)

after Rebekah went home another friend and her boyfriend unexpectadly dropped in, literally

I was saying bye to bek and I hear "cassie" I thought it was the kids across the road so I said "what" lol she yelled out "can you see me?" then these car headlights drive down our drive way and its Alison and Joel
default_new_shocked.gif
LOL they were just driving around and thought they would come n say hi LOL at 10:30pm hehe was lots of fun,

anyway night all.. hope you enjoy the piccies!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagle said:
1326110217[/url]' post='1438939']
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I want him! I want him!
wub.gif
Lol really? Thanks Renee Did I do an alright job?? Rebekah was a great help lol
wink.gif
He is a bit bum high... But should that fix itself do you think?Anyway now I'm going to bed lol night

I'll fight you for him Renee LOL!!

Cassie, he is just so cute and you have made a really good job of the clip!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

With the temperatures you are having I'm sure he will feel better, and you can always pop a rug on at night if it turns really cold, although as long as you dont bath him and remove the natural oils and grease from his coat/skin, I dont think you will need the rugs at night.

I do realise that you in Aussieland and a lot of folks in the US have temps way over what we have here in the UK, but I have never had to clip a foal in the summer, and I get really confused when you talk about foals not shedding their coats during their first summer as babies - none of my babies do any shedding until the Spring following their first winter (nor have any of the thoroughbred or hunter foals that I have bred in the past). Yes they lose hair round their eyes, muzzles and often ears, but they never actually lose their foal coats during the year of their birth. So you can see how confused I get when folk post that their babies haven't shed!!
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
for a first time clip he looks great ...well done..
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

little finn is the cuties thing .
default_wub.png
.how tall is he, he looks really little

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Great Job, Cassie! And Finn- Great Job being absolutely adorable (as always)!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Was it hard to clip him, Cassie? I haven't done it yet and am kind of scared lol

He looks great Cassie you did a fab job
default_wub.png
love the new hair cut
default_wub.png
hes so dark and looks so grown up
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone.
wub.gif
Jenny I'll o n measure him now... Though he is in need of feet trimming... Can't get hold of my farrier grrr
rolleyes.gif
Oh he grew out of the whole standing on his pastern thing thank goodness!

Megan he was really quite easy
wub.gif
I thought he would have been harder but I did have help n we just scratched him the whole time we were clipping him lol he LOOVES scratches!! Lol silly baby it really helped of course our nails were wrecked after lol but that's what you gt I guess lol

I must confess I have done dogs n cats for surgery... Dnt know if that counts lol they are all knocked out already n we use a #40 blade for that... Suzies tummy was the first horse clipping I did
biggrin.gif
N it was horrible lol I'm quite proud of my clip job this time hehe thanks everyone
laugh.gif

He is a little over 25" tall at 3months old
biggrin.gif
N his attitude makes up for his lack of size lol
rolleyes.gif
He loves his new coat though lol silly little man!

As promised here are some piccies
default_biggrin.png
I went a little crazy yesterday lol as it was too hot to do anything else but I had fun,

Finn at almost 4 months old!!!! Renee and I were chatting yesterday and we think he will be seal brown, whats your opinions...? oh n which Daddy do you think it is?
default_biggrin.png

006.JPG

30011210.JPG

30011212.JPG

30011221.JPG

and Suzie
default_wub.png
finally starting to lose that baby tummy
default_laugh.png

30011211.JPG

my special moo cows...

you remember the black cow we had to pull her calf out? look at her now!!
default_biggrin.png
the benefits of having a wet summer HEAPS of grass for our moo's

30011229.JPG (what do you think Diane?)
default_wub.png

my beautiful Kia girl

3001235.JPG

her first baby Samson (not much of a baby now!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

samsonjanuary12.jpg

more in the next post....

30011213.JPG

Very cute. I love Finn and his bucket. Kias baby is cute too!

Haven't kept up very good with everyone for awhile now.
default_saludando.gif
Wow Finn is growing into such a cute little man. What were the color choices on the daddy(s) again? I know its in this thread somewhere but was hoping not to have to go thru all 111 pages to find it...
default_laugh.png

no problem at all Diane, I thought you would like seeing her again, we will be putting her to our angus bull in the next few days...
default_biggrin.png

Hi Jax
default_saludando.gif
Thanks for stopping in
default_laugh.png
yeah he has grown little man!

the colour options were a bay and white pinto with blue eyes, or a silver dapple with 4 white socks lol

Well Finn sure looks like a Bay to me.... Sooooo my guess would be the Bay Pinto is the daddy. Two Silver Dapples (actually silver blacks) cannot make a Bay because neither of them would carry the Agouti gene that is required to turn the Black base into a Bay.

Silver dapple + Silver dapple =

Silver Dapple

Black

Chestnut

Silver Dapple + Bay =

Silver Bay

Bay

Silver Dapple

Black

Chestnut

Son of a gun isn't he a cutie all grown into a real little boy.

I think he is a bay also.

Zoe's Mom was a seal brown and you'll see the difference.

I had to re-scan this and I don't think the color came out as good....but she is just all brown...no shadings or counter shadings.

Zoesmom.jpg

Thanks Nancy and Jax, I agree that it is the pinto, Finn also has a partial blue eye, which makes me think the pinto.

Wow Zoe's mum is lovely, yeah I can see what you mean... its so hard with the baby fluff LOL I guess we will see as he gets older
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

saludando.gif
Welcome back Jax, how are you?
saludando.gif

Cassie great pics, thank you.
cheekkiss.gif
You will have to get Finn tested to put us out of our misery.
new_rofl.gif

saludando.gif
Welcome back Jax, how are you?
saludando.gif

Cassie great pics, thank you.
cheekkiss.gif
You will have to get Finn tested to put us out of our misery.
new_rofl.gif
haha yes I will, going to get him tested for splash when I get Penny tested... will have to investigate further to get a real idea
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

p.s hey Nancy was Zoe's mum pregnant in this pic?
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back