Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Castle Rock Miniatures said:
1324581485[/url]' post='1435292']I agree with you Anna! I LOVE to see "spunk" in the ring -- especially with young stallions! They must have some ATTITUDE and LOOK AT ME, I'M THE BEST in the ring -- it catches the "eye" and helps the "eye" roam back to them -- even when the "eye" might be checking someone else out! Nothing worse than seeing a "dead-head" stallion with no pizazz!~! I think it accentuates their stance, enhances their necks and helps pull the ears and head up! I love it!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Haha thanks girls
biggrin.gif
He sure has spunk at the moment lol little brat! Maybe during the holidays I will take a video of him running around n see what you think lol funny little man!

Renee hope you have a lovely time with your parents!!!!!!
wub.gif
Will miss you! But I'm glad to know you will be spending Christmas with those you love the most!!!Have a safe trip! Xo

Some pics of Finn!! over the Christmas break I have fenced off part of our back yard and Kingston's pen and let Suzie and Finn onto the nice grass
default_biggrin.png
took some photos today,

hope you all like them
default_wub.png

271211.jpg

2712112.jpg

2712113.jpg

he met my Golden Retreiver, Kingston for the first time hehe King was really good! Finn a little scared hehe

2712114.jpg

2712116.jpg

2712115.jpg

2712117.jpg

A kiss for his mummy!! Suzie loves him SO SO much!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub

2712118.jpg

and what do you think? a cute little show stance hehe

2712119.jpg

I also uploaded some pics of Penny today, on the main page wanted to get people's opinion on her hehe

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=127284&pid=1435955&st=0entry1435955

thats the link, if you wanted to see... she was having a bit of a gallop round
default_smile.png

He is sooo georgous!
default_wub.png
Love the pics they are adorable. Especially the one with Kingston.
default_wub.png
He is going to have quite the "look at me" attitude you need in the ring. Great stance!!!

Look how he has grown! He is such a handsome boy
wub.gif
SO cute of him and the doggy.
yes.gif

Oh Cassie he looks great! I love the picture of him with King and where he is looking back as if to make sure King is not creeping up on him. LOL!!

Cassie he just keeps getting more and more adorable
wub.gif
Look how dark he is getting too, he will be so shiny when he looses his baby fluff.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

haha thanks!!!

well its 12:26am here on the 1st of January 2012!!!

16853.gif

new-year-animated-fireworks6.gif

I hope and pray that 2012 is a great year for all of you! that you have many great times, and are very blessed by our Great God!!!

Love to you all!! thank you for all your help, love and support throughout last year (feels so strange writing that hehe)

default_biggrin.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Hi all
default_saludando.gif

quick question...

we have finally been having summer weather, in a vengance!!! LOL

but my poor little baby finn with his wooly coat (really it feels like sheep wool) is getting really really hot!!!

I'm thinking I should clip him, he is trying to shed, guess where he has shed lol his ears!! LOL the tips of his ears and around his nose LOL thats all he has shed
default_rolleyes.gif
typical male, not knowing how to do it properly!! LOL I have been brushing him with the curry comb to encourage the shedding but its not helping,

I have a size 10 blade will that be ok? I don't want to clip him right back in case we get cold weather again who knows with how this summer has been
default_unsure.png
LOL

your thoughts are appreciated...

also how do I change the heading on my thread?? lol don't know how LOL but thought I should change it...

Thanks

Oh Cassie he looks great! I love the picture of him with King and where he is looking back as if to make sure King is not creeping up on him. LOL!!
haha yeah he isn't sure about King yet but as Kingston is older he doesn't chase him, and he is used to not being allowed to chase the calves so he is all good

Cassie he just keeps getting more and more adorable
wub.gif
Look how dark he is getting too, he will be so shiny when he looses his baby fluff.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
thanks Renee, he sure makes up for his lack of colour with his attitude!!
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL the part that he was clipped from the vets is actually growing back brown, so I'm wondering if his coat will be brown and if he is clipped he is real dark underneath, my friends colt is the same, he is a yearling now... she might be coming on marestare next year when her mare is due
default_aktion033.gif

what age do you guys geld your colts?
default_wink.png

default_saludando.gif
i know what you mean with the weather

here in perth one min. its hot then its cold ..the days here are hot then at night its bring out the jumpers

weird....maybe you could clip finn then rug at night.........

Cassie if he really is having an overheat clipping then I'd take off the underside of his neck and part of his chest, and between his front legs. Just a really minimal clip which could help him stay cool but leaves him with most of his protection so you won't have to wworry about rugging.

Cassie if he really is having an overheat clipping then I'd take off the underside of his neck and part of his chest, and between his front legs. Just a really minimal clip which could help him stay cool but leaves him with most of his protection so you won't have to wworry about rugging.
thanks Bree, he already has his tummy n neck done from when he was sick, but his coat is just so thick!! he was sweating yesterday n lay in the shade all arvo, (at least he is smart LOL )

Okay, Cassie. I'm confused. We're in our winter months -- just heading into our spring season in March. So, aren't you in your summer months -- heading into winter in the next 2 months?

If so, then he certainly could be clipped with a #10 -- but I wouldn't go any higher. Even if it gets cool at night, he'll be quite fine, and he may turn around and regrow his coat within the next 2 months -- in time for winter, if I'm getting the seasons right.

I know I clip my babies each year, and the two that were born in June were clipped in July -- and had started regrowing their coats for winter starting in August. They are perfectly grown out now, and made it through the 26 degree temperatures with no difficulty this past week.

So, I would say go ahead and use the #10. "Nature" has a way of making sure they have fur for winter!
default_aktion033.gif
cool thanks Diane! yeah I wanted a #7, but we didn't have any at the vets hehe yep I'm borrowing the vets clippers LOL so I wanted to check that a #10 would be ok :D yep we are in our summer months!! but it has been a very strange and quite a cold and wet, so the poor little foals don't know whether to shed or keep their coat, my friend Renee (anyssa park) said he first foals are only just starting to shed n she has had to clip some of them too...

I'm sure he will get fluffy again really quick! LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back