Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How incredibly special
default_aktion033.gif
for such an incredibly special person. Diane you do so much for others, you deserve so much goodness in your life.

default_wub.png

Cassie the drawing is fantastic.
default_wub.png
You are a very talented artist. How eonderful and thoughtful of you.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Aww how sweet..Well Done Cassie what a fab drawing and such a lovely thought
default_yes.gif

That is just beautiful, Cassie and Diane
wub.gif
Thank you for sharing it with us!

Diane, my world has been so much better since I met you crazy girls
wub.gif
Thank you to each and everyone of you
cheekkiss.gif

Oh Cassie what a wonderful wonderful box of Christmas prezzies you sent to Diane - but Diane, in my opinion you deserve it, you are a very special person and do so much to help others.
default_wub.png

I also have to add how much you folk here have brightened this past year for me. A huge THANK YOU to you all.

default_cheekkiss.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_cheers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
me 2 ,,,i dont no what i would have done with out you girls,thank you everyone for being there

for me through bad, and the happy times....
default_wub.png

We are all going to U.K for 1 week Anna from the 23rd - 30th. I went on Wednesday to Milan to get a new passport and we are flying out of Nice to Heathrow. yippeee I am getting excited. Mummy will feed the kids, make the beds and hug me loads and my big brother will high jack my boys to go off and do silly boy things cos he only has a very girly little girl called Mia who I adore. The first thing I will do is drive into the New Forest where I used to ride and go for a cream tea Then I will go shopping with mum who will redo my entire wardrobe cos I look like (her words) "some crazy horse woman"

I might even brush my hair (that will make mummy happy)

I will eat bacon and eggs and nibble on custard creams

Not long to go yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Renee sounds like you are going to have an absoloutly wonderful time!! so glad! you deserve to be spoilt!! make sure you let your mum hug you lots and spoil you heaps!!!

Well, I just HAVE to copy this here -- LOOK what our incredible Cassie did for me!!!

IT'S HERE!!!!!

a9397652.gif
IT'S HERE!!!!!

Someone in Australia, PLEASE give our Cassie a GREAT BIG HUG for me!!

This package arrived in the most beautiful box and inside -- well, let's just say I'm still crying "happy tears" !!

First there was the wonderful Koala Bear bone china mug, and an awesome travel mug -- the likes of which I have never seen before! It's a porcelain bottom with a flexible rubber topper! I've never seen one like it before, but since I drink 30+ cups of coffee a day, it will get LOTS of use! Next came 3 of the cutest "Little Bear" figurines, and then a wonderful picture frame that said "My horse and me!"

100_2565.jpg

And then......hidden in the bottom of the box was something of incredible value! I'm still crying my "happy tears" and I know they will appear each and EVERY time I see this wonderful tribute!

Spotty100.jpg

A picture frame with a HAND DRAWN picture of my incredible, priceless stallion -- Sweetwaters Texas Spotty!!!! Cassie, it took my breath away -- to think you gave of your time and talent to send me something so special. I can not express the incredible feelings that welled up inside me when I opened it. GOD BLESS YOU and thank you so very much! It now has a place of honor on my baby grand piano in my living room, right in the center of my treasured family photos and horse awards.

I can never thank you enough! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS -- AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF US!!!!!

thank-you-tsn-agp.gif

PS - since you didn't sign the picture, I cut your signature off the shipping label and added it to the bottom!
You are SO VERY WELCOME Diane!!! and as the girls have said you deserve it!!! all the help you gave me during Suzie's pregnancy, and the continued love and support while Finn has been growing up you are so special to me and you deserve to be spoilt!!!!!! so you are very welcome! and it is just a small token of my appreciation and thanks to you!!

I am very glad you liked everything!! I loved shopping for you and spoiling you!

Diane, my world has been so much better since I met you crazy girls Thank you to each and everyone of you
so true Renee!! and it can be said back to you aswell!! you are such a special person!! always caring for everyone else especially me hehe!!

Love you so much! Merry Christmas!

Oh Cassie what a wonderful wonderful box of Christmas prezzies you sent to Diane - but Diane, in my opinion you deserve it, you are a very special person and do so much to help others.

I also have to add how much you folk here have brightened this past year for me. A huge THANK YOU to you all.
very true Anna! Diane does deserve it! I am just so glad I could make her happy at Christmas time and give her a few small things to brighten her day and hopefully her life!!

you all mean SO much to me! no amount of words or presents can express what you have all done for me! supporting me through everything and guiding me! I have become a better (and more knowledgable LOL) person from all of you lovely ladies!! my cyber family!!

Hi everyone, after a very long wait you have been very very patient I finally found my camera cord!!
default_aktion033.gif
under Andrew's bed!!
default_wacko.png
LOL

so here are some pictures of him,

First let me tell you what I have been up to this arvo
default_laugh.png

came home from work at 6pm and it was actually sunny and warm!!
default_aktion033.gif
so I thought I know I will wash Smartie's mane (I'm trying to get it to grow so I am washing it as much as possible as that helps) he decided he didn't want his halter on and was prancing around arching his neck LOL funny thing never acts his age
default_rolleyes.gif
finally caught him and gave his mane a real good wash
default_biggrin.png

I had water left over so I thought I wonder how Finn would go giving him his first bath
default_laugh.png
he was EXCELLENT!!! so proud of my little man! I had two buckets of warm water, one with shampoo one with clean water, I have a brush with a sponge in the middle and is the best for washing them, soaked it with water and started brushing it over Finn
default_smile.png
he loved it! thought he was getting scratches hehe silly boy! even let me scrape him off n towel dry him
default_wub.png
was such a good boy! didn't even have to halter him (which by the way his halter training is going excellently!
default_laugh.png
giong to start the leading soon that will be fun!
default_rolleyes.gif
)

once I let him go, then he went feral! lol rearing bucking racing around the paddocks LOL at least he was drying himself off! but not once did he roll thank goodness hehe so my little Finn is nice and clean and doing great!

On Saturday I went to my best friend Rebekah's house and rode her new hack for the first time
default_biggrin.png
he is 16.3 hh!!!! and her mum needed to lift me on LOL as you know I'm only 5 ft 2 hehe

he was such a lovely ride!
default_wub.png
I added some photos of me riding him too
default_smile.png
don't look at my feet or hand position LOL its been quite a while since I have ridden hehe

c1.jpg this is BJ!

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c6.jpg

Rebekah BJ and me
default_wub.png

c7.jpg

and now some of Finn
default_wub.png

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg his brown stockings lol what do you think?

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

do you think Suzie has lost any weight yet??
default_unsure.png

s1.jpg

Oh Cassie they are great pics
biggrin.gif
You look great on BJ and he is a lovely boy
yes.gif

Finn is all fluffy
laugh.gif
I need a Finn hug !

Suzie is looking much better and I think she will be fine once she has weaned Finn and is back to her usual playful self
yes.gif

Lovely pictures Cassie
yes.gif
You look great on BJ! What a nice looking boy. But not as nice as FInn
wink.gif
Finn looks adorable as usual. Yay for his first bath
aktion033.gif
Suzie is looking better! She sure does have a lot of mane!

default_saludando.gif
your suzie and little finn are just gorgess
default_wub.png
oh you have a lovely position in the saddle....

Yay Pics!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

They look great Cassie!

And to finally answer your colour question
default_wink.png
Finn looks typical bay to me. The light shading on his legs is foal shading and the darker colour where he is clipped is also a typical colour for bays. Although looking at it I think he is darker then Derby and definetly darker then Sterling!

Awe Finn is just so cute cute cute!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

After Renee I'm next in line for cuddles.
default_yes.gif

Suzie is looking great Cassie, and yes, she has lost weight - well done to you!

BJ is a very lovely horse - just the right size for you! You look good together.
default_yes.gif

Lovely pictures Cassie
default_yes.gif
You look great on BJ! What a nice looking boy. But not as nice as FInn
wink.gif
Finn looks adorable as usual. Yay for his first bath
aktion033.gif
Suzie is looking better! She sure does have a lot of mane!
thanks Megan, yes Suzie has ALOT of mane LOL it never tangles though which is great! I think it is her shetland bloodlines coming through there LOL I love her mane thinking of thinning her forlock a little bit though, and if it ever gets really hot this summer I will either plait her mane or thin it a bit too though I love her thick mane so I think I might plait it hehe

default_saludando.gif
your suzie and little finn are just gorgess
default_wub.png
oh you have a lovely position in the saddle....
thanks Jenny!! becuase Smartie was a bit sick over winter... lost so much weight I haven't got him back into work yet (especially with all this rain
default_wacko.png
) because I don't have a sand arena YET! lol I can't ride on the grass as its very slippery n I don't want Smartie to have an accident! but he might be going up to Rebekahs house for a few weeks in January so I can get him n myself LOL back into work
default_yes.gif
will be good! I loved riding BJ and I even tried Sitting trot for the first time LOL gosh its hard! I made it even harder cos I couldn't stop laughing!!! LOL

Awe Finn is just so cute cute cute!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

After Renee I'm next in line for cuddles.
default_yes.gif

Suzie is looking great Cassie, and yes, she has lost weight - well done to you!

BJ is a very lovely horse - just the right size for you! You look good together.
default_yes.gif
Thanks Anna!! I guess I can't really see Suzie's weight loss as I'm with her all day! but thankyou everyone for your kind words about her weight!
default_yes.gif

Rebekah got BJ for free!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
we are already in love with him! and we are hoping that he will do well in the show ring! he still needs to get a lot more weight on him, but because he had been a showjumper he wasn't in hacking condition... slowly getting there!!
default_laugh.png

what do you honestly think of Finn?! is he show worthy? or kids pony? either way I'm getting him gelded... he has started rearing up on ME!!!
default_wacko.png
default_nono.gif
then as soon as I go to smack him he runs off galloping and bucking!! he is much to cocky! any advice on how I can get him to stop rearing up on me? other then cutting him (they haven't even came down yet LOL
default_blush.png
)

what are the signs of mares on heat? I think Penny might have just been on heat... but not sure would love some advice please!!

oh n he is so much more fluffier now after his bath hehe!! he comes up for snuggles now just like Suzie!!
default_wub.png

I might put Penny in with them tomorrow again as she doesn't put up with his brattiness like Suzie does and he always seems better behaved after...
default_laugh.png

Show worthiness: Fluffy foals are near impossible to judge! Derby was not the best looking foal but with clipping, conditioning and a lot of work he is doing very well for an 'average' quality gelding. Somtimes it's the hard work that can get you across the line
default_laugh.png
I'd say go for it! Prep him, work him and see what happens!

Heat: winking the girly bits, tail lifting, little squirty pees, backing up to horses, change in behaviour and all of the above or none!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Much easier with a stallion around as it tends to make them louder about their signs.

I track my girls when they are in season or when I see heat like signs.

Great pictures Cassie I agree with Megan though..BJ is gorgeous but not half as cute as Finn
default_wub.png
he looks fab..I love his dark coat under all the cozy fluff and Suzie has to be said is a yummy mummy looking fabulous
default_wub.png

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
sleigh.gif
to you all, I hope Santa brings you all health, wealth, happiness and peace.

I am leaving tomorrow morning early but I will be back in time to say
happy_new_year.gif

You all be good now!
saludando.gif
cheekkiss.gif
cheers.gif

Oh Cassie, I would go ahead and plan some showing adventures for little Finn.
default_yes.gif

I know most folk wont agree with me, but I never worry too much about the naughty antics of young foals - colts in particular. Most 'problems' can be easily sorted once they are weaned and later gelded in the case of colts. Also, if I am likely to show something, I require it to have ATTITUDE, COCKINESS and LOOK AT ME, I'M THE BEST!!! So I dont like to 'stamp' on any naughtiness too hard, but rather wait to channel it in to schooling for the show ring.

Have a great time Renee - we will miss you!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back