Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Anna the guy that had him is the stylist, Fancy rubbed it so much so instead of getting rid of the mites he chopped off his mane. it is slowly growing out and yesterday I sprayed him with show sheen and brushed both tail and mane hence the funky spiky look. Lol

default_saludando.gif
oh sorry to hear about your handbag that justs sucks..i had my bag stolen once and its a real pain in the butt having to get everything replaced..as for your foot cassie have you got it rapt up with lots of cream

on it.i get exma and it gets real itchy ..had it on my hands once, it must be really bad if its wakeing you up

you poor thing..send you a big hug

Renee, how awful that someone stole your handbag!!!
default_sad.png
stupid idiots!!

love the pics of Fancy in his Pj's!! I'm sure he will do great being in your care again! I don't know how anyone can treat a horse so bad! let alone one SO CUTE!

went back to the docs today... she said everything was healing nicely and I won't need to go on another course... well thats all well and good... but what do I do about the itching and the pain?!! so nurofen, ice and my antibiotics and I will just have to bear it LOL

Jenny excma sucks doesn't it!

a product that we have just started (my dad gets a bit of excma too) its a cow product "deri sal" (I think thats how its spelt will check when I get home LOL) it is for dairy cows when their udders get cracked, dry and sore.... it is BRILLIANT for excma!! Finally found a product that works!
default_aktion033.gif
obviously I can't put it on my feet as I have the infection, But I have been putting it on my legs... started it on Friday and the excma is almost completley gone!!
default_biggrin.png
YAY! so if you need stuff try this! it is the best!!

well Buddy is now sold... we sold him for $660
default_smile.png
at least we got good money for him!
default_yes.gif
we also sold that brown bull I put the pics up of a few months ago... we got $980 for him!!!!!
default_biggrin.png
Dad was very happy!

we sold a few of our young steers but they didn't get quite as high as we were hoping so we have decided we are going to try a new breeding program... get rid of quite a few of our cows (mainly the older and smaller ones) keep about 20-30 breeding cows that are bigger framed, really condition our paddocks up set up fattening paddocks for our heifers and steers and really have a go at getting them in top condition to sell! I am SO excited!! I have been wanting to do this for ages! but always whenever I bring the subject up Dad says I don't have enough time or its not the right time to do it!! COME ON DAD! lets do this! I already have plans for the paddock fences (we will break some of our bigger paddocks off into smaller paddocks (this will also be good for my horses lol but shhhhh!!) LOL and hopefully fingers crossed!! over christmas Dad will teach me to drive the tractor!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I mean what kind of country girl am I if I can't even drive a tractor!!
default_wacko.png
LOL I'm so excited to get this breeding program started! obviously it won't happen straight away! we have to fatten up the cows we want to sell... but at least we have a plan... and I might even start doing what I can to help now
default_yes.gif
(my three brothers aren't that interested in working the farm, and I can't do as much as they would be able too...
default_sad.png
but I might try get my middle bro Andrew to help... he is the most willing to help tidy the paddocks )

over christmas Dad will teach me to drive the tractor!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I mean what kind of country girl am I if I can't even drive a tractor!!
default_wacko.png
Just don't go full speed with a hay bale on the front end loader and take a corner to hard
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

But if you want to do it my way: no parents watching and the ability to get it back on four wheels before it actually hits the ground
default_new_rofl.gif

Just don't go full speed with a hay bale on the front end loader and take a corner to hard
default_new_rofl.gif

But if you want to do it my way: no parents watching and the ability to get it back on four wheels before it actually hits the ground
default_new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif
cornering on 2 wheels is great fun
new_rofl.gif
my trailer was full of poop so it could have
10_2_12.gif
oops.gif

Cassie you are very right, udder cream is wonderful and I have a big tub in the yard that I use on the horses sometimes
biggrin.gif

Your new plan sounds great, no wonder you are so excited.
luck.gif

new_rofl.gif
cornering on 2 wheels is great fun
new_rofl.gif
my trailer was full of poop so it could have
10_2_12.gif
oops.gif

Cassie you are very right, udder cream is wonderful and I have a big tub in the yard that I use on the horses sometimes
biggrin.gif

Your new plan sounds great, no wonder you are so excited.
luck.gif
Thanks I am very very excited!!
default_smile.png

as I wrote on Bree's thread, here is my friend's miniautre... Pumpkin... what do you all think of her? I think she might be a bit long in the back? she is tiny!! maybe 28 inches IF THAT! she is the brattiest little mare! LOL and alot of fun...

also a pic of Bek with her gelding Rocky... Royalwood Pop Rock, runner up newcomer galloway at Horse of the year! she was so happy!!

rocky.jpg

and little Pumpkin LOL

pumpkin.jpg

night all... hopefully I won't get waken by my stupid foot in the night grrr!! LOL hope you all have a good day/ night!
default_yes.gif

LOL!! Love the tractor stories! My tractor days were all of the 60's and 70's when these machines (and the equipment they attached to) were simple and straightforward LOL!! I look at Euros' HUGE monsters when he comes here to deliver big round bales of hay to us, and think to myself "No way"!! I wouldn't even know where to begin!
default_biggrin.png

Glad you have found something to help with your leg and soon (hopefully) your foot Cassie. We never found that udder cream (or the sort available to us back then) much good with the cows - too mild and not greasy enough to really soften the teats - so we used Zinc and Caster cream. Since then we have used the same stuff for everything from horsey cracked heels to babies botties (human ones!) and never found anything better.
default_yes.gif

Oooops just been called a family conference (we are having them daily at the mo) - back shortly!

Lol hope everything is ok Anna!!! Grrr third ice pack tonight!! It's so itchy n sore if I dnt have an ice pack on! So over this

The udder cream that we get works really well on the dairy cows apparently lol it works on me anyway just wish it was instant lol this one has zinc in it n something else which I can't remember hehe anyway see u in the morning well it technically is the morning but at a normal hr!! Lol

Love the tractor stories. and I can relate to the 60s and 70s era. Remenber Anna, we didn't even have a shade much less an enclosed cab. I was raised on a farm and my brother was 5 yrs younger than me so I learned and helped with most of the farmwork. Loved it and still do. I have just started learning to drive the hubbies Kabota. It has more leavers on it than Ive ever seen on a tractor. Still fun to learn tho.
default_aktion033.gif

Cassie, I sorry your foot is keeping you up. Hopefully it is well on the way to healing. Sending you hugs.

Hope you have a good sleep without any pains tonight Cassie. That can't be fun waking up often because of pain like that
sad.gif

I have never driven a tractor before.. are there different gears like a manual transmission car? I want to learn to drive a 5 speed (manual transmission) but haven't gotten the chance to yet. My FIL has an old rebuilt tractor that is pretty to look at but I don't think I'd be allowed in since the only 'tractor' I have driven was our riding lawn mower LOL

I love driving and really enjoy going out in the horsebox, we bought a new one last year and I drove it back from the u.k, it was great fun cos I was alone and it was like the good old days when I was a groom and I used to travel around Europe to go to shows, just me, the horses and the road
biggrin.gif

Here is my latest toy!

Megan I have only driven tractors with normal gears but I don't know if the new big ones are different
unsure.gif

Wow Renee!! Your new truck is awesome!!! Love it!

I love driving to! My new Toyota rav 4 is manual n I love it so much!

We have three tractors two are quite old but do the job n one is new air con cd player enclosed cab obviously n all the rest it's my uncles he bought when he lost his eye but do u know he prefers to drive the older ones lol ( roll my eyes) finally the sun has come out n is quite warm hopefully it will be a nice warm day today
default_smile.png

Love the horse truck! I'm supposed to be saving up for a new horse float but then I bought Spesh
default_yes.gif
I need to stop buying horses!

My tractor is teeny weeny, it's either the biggest ride on mower or the smallest tractor, it sort of sits between them! Either way it means it's easier for me to do stupid things on it
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting like the time I hit a dip in the ground so hard I bounced myself into the air which deactivated the engine, stopping the tractor and I landed behind the seat
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

And I wonder why no one lets me drive a quad bike
default_wink.png

Ooooooo that's some smart lorry Renee - is that a Merc? Your luton looks like ours - plenty of room to shove a couple of human bodies up there to sleep out of the way!

How's it divided inside? Rear ramp? Just being nosey!! Like you I used to love driving my old lorry years ago (round the UK though, not Europe!) to the shows etc. The horses loved it too - think they enjoyed getting away for the day/few days. LOL!!

Cassie, hope this good weather means that you will be able to get some sunshine to your bad foot?

Megan tractors are all manual in the sense that they have gears like a car, but they have loads of extra gears as well (well the modern ones do!) and like some modern lorries, you can select a gear before you actually need it and lock it in when you want it (well I know what I mean LOL!!) Which is why I wouldnt want to start tractor driving again now with the new ones!!

Been extra busy myself the last couple of weeks as I have moved up from my mobile home in the garden into the house for the winter months. We have been decorating the house so I now have the 'big' bedroom, with loads of cupboard/wardrobe space including the house's airing cupboard, plus a radiator in the hall just outside, so boy I'm cooking!! The mobile was just getting more cold and pretty damp as the weather changed (too expensive to heat it properly during the cold weather, so I'm just not used to this amount of warmth - IT'S WONDERFUL!!

But it has been a 'amusing' two weeks. I was worried about one of the cats (my personal one) who had always lived down in my mobile and was always too nervous to enter the main house (other cats/terriers/noisy humans), so I got my bedroom all set up with my bed and familiar furniture from the mobile, then I got a ladder and set it up against the roof of the porch below my window and then lean't out the window and called her - knew she would come as, unusually for cats, she comes to call and follows me everywhere - she ran to the porch, ran round it, found the ladder and up she came! Having found my bedroom with all its familar things, plus her food bowl and water, and of course M stretched out on the bed (!), she has settled beautifully. I leave the window open all the time so she can come and go, and now when I enter the house by the back door, she races round to her ladder to meet me upstairs, bless her. Trouble is that the other cats have now discovered the ladder and, rather than use the catflap and risk getting chased by a naughty JR most every time she hears it flap open or shut, they ALL use my room to enter and exit the house - and pinch my girl's food instead of their own downstairs!! What we put up with for our furkids, bless them!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Anna, I love you cat story.
default_wub.png
She has got to be one special cat. I can see her doing it and think it's so precious. I don't have any cats, but plenty of little dashounds. They can also be so funny. Dudley decides when it's time for me to go to bed. He gets in my chai ( that's where he sleeps at night) and won't get down He looks at me when I try to get him down like he is saying it's bedtime.

Renee, I'd also love to hear about your new ride. It is beautiful. Details please.

Ooooooo that's some smart lorry Renee - is that a Merc? Your luton looks like ours - plenty of room to shove a couple of human bodies up there to sleep out of the way!

How's it divided inside? Rear ramp? Just being nosey!! Like you I used to love driving my old lorry years ago (round the UK though, not Europe!) to the shows etc. The horses loved it too - think they enjoyed getting away for the day/few days. LOL!!

Cassie, hope this good weather means that you will be able to get some sunshine to your bad foot?

Megan tractors are all manual in the sense that they have gears like a car, but they have loads of extra gears as well (well the modern ones do!) and like some modern lorries, you can select a gear before you actually need it and lock it in when you want it (well I know what I mean LOL!!) Which is why I wouldnt want to start tractor driving again now with the new ones!!

Been extra busy myself the last couple of weeks as I have moved up from my mobile home in the garden into the house for the winter months. We have been decorating the house so I now have the 'big' bedroom, with loads of cupboard/wardrobe space including the house's airing cupboard, plus a radiator in the hall just outside, so boy I'm cooking!! The mobile was just getting more cold and pretty damp as the weather changed (too expensive to heat it properly during the cold weather, so I'm just not used to this amount of warmth - IT'S WONDERFUL!!

But it has been a 'amusing' two weeks. I was worried about one of the cats (my personal one) who had always lived down in my mobile and was always too nervous to enter the main house (other cats/terriers/noisy humans), so I got my bedroom all set up with my bed and familiar furniture from the mobile, then I got a ladder and set it up against the roof of the porch below my window and then lean't out the window and called her - knew she would come as, unusually for cats, she comes to call and follows me everywhere - she ran to the porch, ran round it, found the ladder and up she came! Having found my bedroom with all its familar things, plus her food bowl and water, and of course M stretched out on the bed (!), she has settled beautifully. I leave the window open all the time so she can come and go, and now when I enter the house by the back door, she races round to her ladder to meet me upstairs, bless her. Trouble is that the other cats have now discovered the ladder and, rather than use the catflap and risk getting chased by a naughty JR most every time she hears it flap open or shut, they ALL use my room to enter and exit the house - and pinch my girl's food instead of their own downstairs!! What we put up with for our furkids, bless them!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
HAHA Anna what a wonderful story!!
default_biggrin.png
I love cats that are so personal like that! not a huge cat fan myself but being a vet nurse I'm always near them n doing stuff with them... the nice weather didn't last,...
default_sad.png
back to overcast n cold... at least we don't have a heat wave!!
default_yes.gif
but we can't heat our pool for the warm weather because there is no sun...
default_no.gif
oh well LOL

The farrier came today to do Finn's feet again... he was SO GOOD!!!! I have been working with him with picking up his feet and all the rest and we didn't even have to hold him for most of it!! he didn't like his front feet being done but he was such the little gentleman! the farrier couldn't believe how good her was! so proud of my baby man!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Renee please tell us more about your new truck! its SO exciting!! I'm thinking I will save up to get a float... (have never had one... ) but with everything happening with Finn n needing to borrow floats... I think I'm going to need to get one... escpeically if I want to do any showing! and if I did get a float I could take Smartie up to my friends arena for rides with her and that would be really cool!

but it will be a while before I get one LOL have to pay my vet bill first...

Renee and Anna, do you call trucks Lorrys? what do you class as a truck? hehe I love all these different words the different countries use
default_biggrin.png

Thanks everyone
wub.gif
Yes Anna it is an Oakley on a Merc. I have put it away for the winter as we normally get snow around now
wacko.gif
I will climb aboard later and take some pics from the inside, it has a rear ramp and loads 4-5 big horses (or 30 mini's)
new_rofl.gif

My brother in law uses it mostly as I have no big horse any more, Cassie I bought a trailer for the mini's as it is much easier to use but to be honest when Britt was in colic I put her in the car
10_2_12.gif
(running for cover) I just didn't have time to check tires and hook up so I reversed up to a wall that she was standing on and she walked straight in. This is what I drive:

250px-SsangYong_Rexton_RX270_XDi_Facelift.JPG

Luckily it has tinted windows so I didn't get stopped by the motor way police.

Bree my tractor is small and very old but it is great fun cutting the grass, plus it is small enough to fit in between each field so I can keep it tidy.

Very very nice renee!! Id take some pics of Ellie my rav ( yes I named my car hehe) but she is really dirty at the moment from the rain lol

We were considering putting Finn n suzie in the back of my dads navara if we couldn't get a float so I have no issues with putting minis in cars lol haha I can imagine if the cops pulled you over you would have given them what for saying it was an emergency which it was!!! ;)

Finn is running around so happy on his new feet!!! Funny little kid!

Cassie a lorry is an enclosed vehicle used to transport animals or goods around. A truck is an opened backed vehicle, usually a similar size to a large estate car. It has an enclosed cab and an open back so you can chuck things staight in the back or carry/stack things like bales of hay/straw/feed sacks/fuel cans etc etc. Some trucks come with removable back 'covers' - soft flat ones just to keep goods dry, or solid tall ones so you can carry calves or sheep (minis??) safely in them.

So if your lorries are trucks, what are your trucks?????

So glad little Finn was a good boy with his feet - you are doing a great job with his training Cassie.
default_yes.gif

Renee, when we were looking at flat beds so we could have our lorry built, we did think about a Merc, but were warned that parts could be difficult to get and expensive, so went with the Iveco. But my original lorry was an Oakley body on a Ford base - lovely old girl!!

Oh thanks Anna
default_smile.png
lol well I think what you class as a truck is what we class as a ute... Can be large or small car size ( you can get 4wd or sports utes) n you can have a hard cover or canopy on the back or soft cover or rails... My dads nissan navara has a canopy on the back n Is so great you can chuck things in the back n not worry about them getting wet or stolen... A truck would be anything over 1tonne towing capacity... Whether its a beautiful horse truck like renees a tipper a flat bed a crane etc lol does that make sense? Hope so
default_smile.png

Haven't gotten very far with the halter training but I might do that over the Christmas break ;)

Latest posts

Back