Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f2.jpg

f1.jpg

f3.jpg

f3.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

what do you girls think?

I'm also wondering if her might have dark blue eyes... I don't think they are brown lol very interesting... will try take some pics later
default_yes.gif

f4.jpg

ok thanks Diane,
default_wink.png
do his hooves need trimming yet? I better see how much my farrier will charge to trim 4 little baby hooves LOL my others need doing soon anyway
default_rolleyes.gif

I htink he has finally collapsed somewhere LOL no wonder he sleeps all night long, running around all day hehe
default_biggrin.png

saludando.gif
now what is all this worrying Cassie
no.gif
As the others have said it is quite normal to be a little scrunched up still, the best thing in the world for mummy and baby from now on is fresh air and sunshine. I agree with Anna about not leaving her in now cos it will only upset Suzie and we don't want that. Many of us have had mares foal outside (
new_shocked.gif
) and they all do fine. Grass will also help Suzie's tummy get to work again. Just check that he is napping o.k and then you can relax.
yes.gif

Cassie. He does appear to be slightly turned out at the knee, but he also appears slightly contracted in that leg too (not sure though, as soon he looks it, some he doesnt?). Either way, i dont see anything that would have me concerned enough to keep him locked up. Check him at the end of each day, and if his legs seem a little worse from running and playing, then he may be over doing it, and may need to start coming in a little earlier, but i would say turn them out
default_yes.gif

He is coming up nicely on his back feet
default_smile.png
Amazing how quick it happens isnt it. A few days and they'll be perfect
default_wink.png

thanks Renee
default_smile.png
n Renee
default_smile.png
lol n Diane
default_biggrin.png
Suzie was funny tonight, I think she has figured she can watch him better if they are in the stable lol

had to pick up my brothers from the bus and so got her feed ready early and put some fresh straw down n put the feed in as soon as I did that she was calling him and walked herself and him straight in the stable hehe

what a clever girl!!

he was looking tired so she had the right idea!! he has been snoozing ever since coming in
default_rolleyes.gif
little cutie!!

my brothers are already asking when I'm going to turn the camera off, so they have unrestricted internet again LOL grrr
default_no.gif
be patient boys!! I'll try get another 3 weeks LOL

I told them he is still in the danger period and needs watching constantly still (they don't need to know that, he will be ok after a week hehe!!
default_wink.png

thannkyou again everyone for all your help and well wishes!! big hugs for all of you!!!

LOL!! Cassie. Stop worrying - he is going to be just fine.
default_yes.gif

The perfect 'arrangement' is for Suzie to run after her foal - all mares do this for about the first day or so - rather than the foal have to run after a speeding mare, so well done with getting Suzie out and about.

Do not decrease the space he has, a foal needs the largest space that you can give them to do their big 'circles' round Momma. You do not need him to get 'up to speed' only to have to do a sliding stop everytime a fence appears (not good for immature muscles and joints at this stage). As for his front legs, yes he may 'toe out' a little, although it is difficult to see, but give him a chance to straighten out before you start getting all fussed about something that is a minor problem even if he does. It is also quite normal for new babies to walk a bit 'tippy toes' on their front legs - the exercise he is getting will soon 'stretch' his tendons and let his little hooves drop to flat on the ground.

I'm going to try to get Cathy to send me the pictures we have of a filly born last year with wonky legs - you will never worry about your little fella again - and she was completely normal with in a couple of months!

Also please dont worry if he sleeps for several hours once he is back in his stable for the night. Remember my Chapella mare from earlier this year with the 'early' filly foal? We used to think something was wrong because as soon as she came in for the night she would just flop to the floor and not wake up for over three hours - a bomb could have gone off, she was completely out of it. But she was an extremely active young lady all day outside, pestering her Momma, pestering all the other mares, playing with her special yearling friend (the one referred to with the wonky legs above actually) etc etc, and we just realised that she needed to make up her sleep once she was back in her 'boring' stable. LOL!!

thanks Anna
default_smile.png
yeah I think he is so busy playing that he wears himself out by night time LOL I'm not worried
default_wink.png

i think my friend might be annoyed that I haven't listened to her about him, she isn't returning my msgs
default_no.gif
but i honestly don't think its that bad that he needs to be kept locked up, and after all your lovely opinions and help I agree that he should be out for most of the day!!
default_biggrin.png

I just have to try n explain that to her... fun.

Renee how is your headache? you posted that you had one on Firefly's thread...? hope it gets better!! worse thing ever waking up with a headache! YUCK!!!

oh n have you heard back from the vet?? how is Eagle!!

Thanks Cassie I am feeling better now. it hasn't rained here for months and my allergies are driving me nuts so last night I popped a pill which is the cause of my rough start to the day but at least I'm not sneezing
biggrin.gif

I have called a different vet who is going to try and come this afternoon. Fingers crossed

Cassie I think he just has the normal scrunched up foal thing going on.

I think he already looks like he is straightening out.

When Buck was born he was very wonky behind and it took him a full 2 wks to master and strengthen his hind legs.

Then he grew like a mushroom and went straight through his hock and pastern but now at 4 months everything is the way its supposed to be.

So have you decided on a name yet?

Wow, Cassie, what a beautiful picture of you and the new baby!! He is just sooo sweet and adorable looking.....is he as easy going as his momma? And what of your other little mare? Are you going to be seeing another little baby at some point? Congrats again on your beautiful baby, Suzie and Cassie!

Little Bitty Britches, did your baby come? I can't get your marestare cam this a.m. Sorry, with the long weekend I have not been on the computer as much as I normally would have.

Anyone else got babies coming? Are you on marestare and what's you link for your cams?

Wow, Cassie, what a beautiful picture of you and the new baby!! He is just sooo sweet and adorable looking.....is he as easy going as his momma? And what of your other little mare? Are you going to be seeing another little baby at some point? Congrats again on your beautiful baby, Suzie and Cassie!

Little Bitty Britches, did your baby come? I can't get your marestare cam this a.m. Sorry, with the long weekend I have not been on the computer as much as I normally would have.

Anyone else got babies coming? Are you on marestare and what's you link for your cams?
We had Stormy checked by vet and they said she its due sporting, so not yet but soon!

Cassie your little boy is so sweet, I love the pics. I am going to watch the replay me now

Oh wow yeah I do see it thanks Diane
default_smile.png
n girls I will keep a close eye on him just In case. I love it when he is sleeping how he tucks the front legs n stretches the back looks like he is going to jump in his sleep lol oh n dad came home yesterday! He is in love with him keeps going to the stable to check him
default_smile.png
n my oldest bro russell loves him to always going to see him n checking the camera.

I'm going to take penny's rugs off tomorrow n have a look at how she is looking her rain rug needed expanding lol was getting a bit tight n she is looking wide in her cotton... I might just leave her rugs off for now... Especially if she is looking preggars, she would definitley be one to watch as she rejected her first foal n I believe the 2nd one needed help clearing the sack lol so if she is
default_smile.png
I'll need to call the help of my lovely marestare aunties again hehe will take some pics tomorrow...

Wow that's quite a story for 3am lol I'm very proud myself lol

Congrats Jenny!!!

you are welcome Moonwray.

Great pics Diane, thanks for sharing. Would he like to come and live with me?
wub.gif

Aww our sleepy little fella has just had a big stretch of his front legs.
default_wub.png

Diane, you beat me to it with your wonky leg pics - I have just got Cathy to e-mail mine to me from her computer, but I will get the on here via photobucket, just to show Cassie that her friend's idea of twisted legs is way off! LOL!!

Lol thanks girls!! He has figured paddock is for playing stable is for sleeping lol smart little man!!

So what do you think of the name finley/fin n kingspark little beginnings gallant lad?? I can't do anything for the dad cos I dnt know which one it is lol :s going out to feed them now n take pics of the miss penny thanks for watching suzie n her gorgeous babe!

Latest posts

Back