Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooo Renee I love all those names!! LOL hmmm, can't decide which one!!

Anna I totally agree!! Suzie is so special, she loves showing him off!! lol from a safe distance of course hehe he is so curious when they were out in the paddock with Russell and myself earlier Suzie decided to have a little lie down ( she only does it when I'm near
default_wub.png
) and baby didn't know what to do so he came running up to me n Russell, of course Suzie shot back up, but came over to us for scratches to
default_biggrin.png
she nickers to him all the time oh n when he gets in trouble she does a really high pitched note n he stops LOL funniest thing EVER!! doesn't she look so happy n proud of herself!! ears forward her pretty little head, lol totally n completely agree
default_yes.gif

"Kingspark gallant little beginning?" "Fin/ Laddie" oh but I love all 3 of your names, will have to check with the family LOL

we are liking Finley/ Fin for a paddock name at the moment lol what do you think??

I still like Kingspark Little beginnings but I want something a bit more in there like Gallant or... LOL am I making any sense here LOL

thanks again everyone!! you are all so wonderful!
Cassie, how about Kingspark Little Beginnings Gallant Finley

Oh Cassie!! The pictures are the sweetest! I love them! You (and we) are so lucky to have your brother to show off your little boy. Both he and Suzie are so special. I love the picture you have as your avi. It is so sweet.
wub.gif
wub.gif

Aww, you finally got your baby!! Congratulations! Great pics too!

I just get a dose of the awwwws when I see him. Just so darn cute.

How about Kings Park Made For Lovin and you could call him McLovin (like the movie
default_biggrin.png
)

Kings Park I Finally Arrived and he could be called Fin

Kings Park Worth Waiting For

Kings Park Bay B Bay B

Wonderful photos ~~ Keep them coming. We want to see him grow in reasl time seeing as we spent so much time watching him grow in Suz's tummy.

Congrats, again.

Are you thinking Penny may be in foal, still?

5.00am and I can't get the cam up, is it me?

Edit:

My connection was bad. Doh

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzie is looking for her breakfast as usual and it is only 6.15am!!

As I have never rugged a foal, I am interested to know whether the wide belly band is covering or laying next to the foals cord. It is just that I notice that when Suzie's little baby is up and about, he seems to do a lot of tail twitching as though something is irritating him, and looking at his little rug, I wondered if the belly band was well away from his cord area or whether it could be rubbing?

He managed to turn his rug back up over his little botty some while ago, but was doing the 'irritated twitching' before that so the flap up isn't the cause, if indeed the rug is the cause at all?

ok do you girls think his front leg is twisted? one of my firends thinks I shouldn't let him out because his front leg is really twisted?? you know me, this is my first time n I wanna do whats right for all of them... should I leave them in? Suzie wants out so bad... looking out the gate all day. I'm confused now, n I don't know what to do... he is standing better on his back legs this morning, his foal slippers have worn off almost completley....

oh Anna he swishes his tail without the rug on... do you think he could have a tummy ache or something?

please if you see anything and your concerned let me know I don't want anything wrong with Suzie or her little man...

Thankyou everyone
default_yes.gif

Personally, if it looks bad get the vet out. A lot of foals have awkward legs in the early days and the straighten and strengthen with time and excercise and no need for human interference, but if you're not sure of the severity of it then vet time.

ok do you girls think his front leg is twisted? one of my firends thinks I shouldn't let him out because his front leg is really twisted?? you know me, this is my first time n I wanna do whats right for all of them... should I leave them in? Suzie wants out so bad... looking out the gate all day. I'm confused now, n I don't know what to do... he is standing better on his back legs this morning, his foal slippers have worn off almost completley....

oh Anna he swishes his tail without the rug on... do you think he could have a tummy ache or something?

please if you see anything and your concerned let me know I don't want anything wrong with Suzie or her little man...

Thankyou everyone
default_yes.gif
I dont see any twisted looking leg in any of the pics you have posted.

Marsha

Thanks girls, I personally can't see it either, but I will leave them in this morning n let them out for a little while this arvo... he already loves scratches so much!! little cutie!! looking heaps better on his legs today
default_wub.png

Let them out Cassie. Suzie will go spare if you try to keep her in and it is very important for her mental well being that she is kept happy, quite apart from the fact that she needs both her exercise and her grass - now is not the time to be changing her feeding habits.

For baby, the best thing you can do for his legs is to give him the opportunity to exercise them - I dont see any twists either in the pics you posted. Many many foals are born with slightly wonky legs - just remember how scrunched up they have been inside their momma's tummies. In a couple of weeks I bet you will find that your little man will be as straight as can be on his legs - you said yourself that he is already looking better. He doesn't need Suzie to go rushing about because you have kept her in, he needs for her to wander about grazing as he does is playing around her - his play circles will slowly get larger and larger as he builds strength and confidence, but he needs to do this slowly and naturally, not following behind a frustrated, galloping mare who hasn't been let out for several days.

So let them out and just enjoy watching two happy and contented little horses.
default_yes.gif

I hope you are still at home Cassie, coz I've just read your above post. I wouldn't even leave Suzie in for this morning - unless the weather is really bad. She is already expecting to go out just as she normally does, and in another 3 or 4 hours time she is going to be in a real rush to get out...............not so good for your baby boy!

Weather permitting, always let her out first thing as normal - you can then go and fetch her in after an hour or so if you think it necessary, and give her another outing in the afternoon, but dont contain her first thing in the morning - at least not until baby boy is a bit older and has more strength and can cope with a 'dashing' Momma!

Sorry, gotta get to bed, its nearly half past midnight here. Catch you later - dont panic, you are doing fine! Have a good day with the lovely Suzie and your grandson.
default_yes.gif

Thankyou Anna
default_smile.png
I will go home n let them out in a minute... he is snoozing again at the moment, I'll put Penny n Smartie out in the big paddock again before I get them out as I don't want Suzie stressing out...

oh n I will check her temp at lunch too
default_smile.png
I have kept her on the mash at the moment, and she seems to prefer eating that to her lucern hay, though she was just eating that a minute ago...

Thanks everyone for the advice
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cassie, Im just getting in from work and doing my own horses. ive only read this page but first and formost I have to tell you AGAIN how much i love the picture w/you and your "baby" on your avatar. That has got to be the most beautiful....you are just glowing w/happiness...I love it!!
default_wub.png

O.k. now i have to go lok for new pictures and stories and will be back to post!!

thanks everyone
default_smile.png
I have taken some pics of his legs ( a bit hard with him running all over the place LOL )

if his legs are twisted is the paddock he is in an alright place to be or should I put up a makeshift fence and decrease the size? I don't want to leave them in all day, especially when he loves being outside... thankyou all for all your help n lovin of my little man
default_yes.gif
n of course the beautiful Suzie mum!!

Back