Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw your announcment on FB Renee, good luck with the foaling
default_biggrin.png

I'll put her up now Renee
default_smile.png
she is standing at the top half of the stable... I think I can see legs n a tail... lol no extra little ones so all is good
default_biggrin.png
oh hi Renee!!! :saluteTemptress sure has a big tummy!!

hey I wonder where Anna is this morning... hope your ok Anna....

also what do you girls think of Penny... I can repost the pics if you like...

will quickly put some pics up of Finn, then I gotta get to bed lol have to wake up early to get my brothers ready for school
default_wacko.png
LOL yippee

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

and the pic of Penny again...

penny.jpg

Thanks and night all!!

Renee I hope Temptress foals easily for you! n that its not a middle of the night foal!
default_wacko.png

f4.jpg

Sorry folks - things have gone a bit hectic here this morning - nothing to do with horses, so not able to get to the old laptop until now.

Cassie, your little Finn is just so gorgeous (and he's doing just great!!) I want to pick him out of the screen and give him a big cuddle.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

With Penny, I could say yes, but I could say no as she has already had foals, but I would tend to think that she is in foal.
default_yes.gif
If she is, then she doesn't need any more food etc than she is already getting, so save yourself the vet money for scans etc and just wait for nature to give you the proof! LOL!! JMO remember!!

Hazel, yes the filly's name is Hazel. Momma is Redlands Nutcracker (Nutty) one of Hazel's many half sisters is Ancaster Nutmeg, and Hazel herself is Ancaster Autumn Haze (we used to name all our mare's offspring using the first letter of the mare's name, but we have far too many N's amongst our herd from Nutty herself, so last year we decided to start with all A's and carry on from there as the years pass!) Hence A for Autumn, but Haze = Hazel, so she's still a nut!! LOL!! Hope that is quite clear!!
default_biggrin.png

Might be a bit involved with all that is going on here folks over the next few days, but will try to get on LB as often as I can, so dont panic if there are some long gaps (too difficult to explain, sorry,)

Thanks Anna
default_smile.png
I thought I felt a little flutter of movement yesterday morning but not sure lol wdik lol

Will keep an eye on her

Little Finn is so beautiful n bold!! He loves getting his mumma suzie to chase him around lol all cranky like lol

N thanks for letting us know I won't stress if I dnt see you on here lol n call the national guard lol

It's hard to believe little Finn will be 4 days old tomorrow lol my dad n oldest bro dote on him n dad is so happy with how suzie is acting n her weight n all
default_smile.png

Back to sleep like Finn lol nite!!

Well the lovely Suzie is already waiting for her breakfast. The gorgeous Finn is not yet interested in what his human friends might bring him to eat - he's just snoring his head off in the middle of his Momma's bedroom. LOL!!
default_wub.png

What a little sleepy head you got there!! Arent they funny when they go from 90 miles an hour to fast asleep in the blink of an eye....its like a little clock goes off in their heads to lay down and rest right now!! LOL Cassie I think your doing a great job and I would be honored to have you over in my barn looking after my horses any day. Never let people like that get you down...the others are right...I see no "friend" with a comment like that1 Enjoy that little one!!

Renee, is a congratulations in order for you too? Do you have someone on camera yet?....
default_cheers.gif
if you do!!!

Penny does look a little suss to me Cass. That steep slope in her belly does suggest foal to me, but it is that time of year when spring grass can bring on a sudden weight gain too, so i guess its a bit of a gamble.

You could try a weefoal test to find out for sure if you wanted to know
default_smile.png
kingstons.net.au or foalguard.com sell them in Australia.
default_yes.gif

I would say she isnt in the last 3 months yet if she is in foal, but you never know.

I love the new photos of Finn. That one of him looking back over his butt is gorgeous
default_wub.png

Thanks Renee! n Heidi
default_wub.png

when Finn is in the stable he goes, drink rest drink rest drink rest LOL when he is in the paddock its RUNNING AROUND 100 MILES an hour LOL he has already started jumping over little obstactes LOL funny little kid.

its threatening rain here today so I have them locked up, but when I get home at 2pm will let them out if it isn't raining
default_yes.gif

I see you don't have a foal yet Renee... how is she looking this morning?

oh n thanks for the advice with Penny, I might try get a wee foal test... the paddock they are in doesn't have much grass, and I have been letting them out in the big paddock for a few hours a few days a week, but the amount of running around she does, I wouldn't think she would be fat but she might be... lol
default_wacko.png

default_wub.png
Finn has it all worked out. Run and play outside, and snuggle, eat and sleep inside
default_wub.png

No foal. She is testing ready (was yesterday) and she is waxed up. But still appears quite comfortable at this stage (although, i guess some just have a good pain tollerance), so i dont think she'll be too far off... but we'll see
default_yes.gif

The wee foal are great, and easy and quite cheap (better than an ultrasound price wise!). At least you'd know for sure
default_smile.png

I hope she is pregnant, and little Finn will have a little playmate. Nothing cuter than a couple of babies getting up to mischief together
default_wub.png

default_wub.png
Finn has it all worked out. Run and play outside, and snuggle, eat and sleep inside
default_wub.png

No foal. She is testing ready (was yesterday) and she is waxed up. But still appears quite comfortable at this stage (although, i guess some just have a good pain tollerance), so i dont think she'll be too far off... but we'll see
default_yes.gif

The wee foal are great, and easy and quite cheap (better than an ultrasound price wise!). At least you'd know for sure
default_smile.png

I hope she is pregnant, and little Finn will have a little playmate. Nothing cuter than a couple of babies getting up to mischief together
default_wub.png
YAY for a new foal for you!!
default_wub.png
I'm sure it will be STUNNING!!!

I let them out just before and Finn was doing laps around the stable block LOL Suzie has worked out if she stays at one corner she only has to trot a little bit still she seems him again, but gosh she gets cranky at him LOL
default_new_rofl.gif

funniest sight EVER! will have to take a video and try n put it up here for you girls! he is also starting to find him voice hehe
default_risa_suelos.gif
funniest little whinny I have ever heard! too cute!!

yeah I hope for Finn's sake Penny is pregnant LOL n it would be fun to have another baby hehe.

how do you use the wee foal test?

Hahaha! So my girls are posers, and like the limelight a bit
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Too funny.

Thats Princess in with her too... she is Temptress' BFF, and they're inseperable (Temp was outside Princess' whole stable after she lost her foal, and helped her through too). She's a happy, healthy girl again after her awful experience.

Yes, Temps belly is very low - baby is very dropped in there, ready to dive! lol

Heres a pic of her waxed up udder i took just now

166970_10150328335353602_643883601_8012489_1639072717_n.jpg

Oh yes Cassie, you MUST get a video of that. I love their little antics lol And they're completely oblivious that their mums are going crook on them, and stressing out lol Little darling
default_laugh.png

Hehehe, just keepin you on your toes Diane lol
default_new_rofl.gif

Yep, she's alarmed, and under camera, and im a hermit at home til she foals now lol Hopefully tonight.

Aww baby is looking so cute with Suzie
default_wub.png
..I love the way hes always stretched out just like mum used to when id be watching for his appearance
default_new_shocked.gif
..he really is so precious
default_wub.png

Temptress is looking good with the udder pictures and has to be said what a pretty udder lol
default_yes.gif

Hahaha! So my girls are posers, and like the limelight a bit
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Too funny.

Thats Princess in with her too... she is Temptress' BFF, and they're inseperable (Temp was outside Princess' whole stable after she lost her foal, and helped her through too). She's a happy, healthy girl again after her awful experience.

Yes, Temps belly is very low - baby is very dropped in there, ready to dive! lol

Heres a pic of her waxed up udder i took just now

166970_10150328335353602_643883601_8012489_1639072717_n.jpg

Oh yes Cassie, you MUST get a video of that. I love their little antics lol And they're completely oblivious that their mums are going crook on them, and stressing out lol Little darling
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif
wow that is looking really good.....i give you all the best of luck of a safe and healthy foal
default_aktion033.gif

haha definite posers!

I'm sure you will have a foal by morning Renee
default_yes.gif

I will try take a video when I let them out in the morning, have a crazy weekend coming up...

work tomorrow, youth group, BED lol vets saturday, vets sunday
default_wacko.png
I am already exhausted.

makes it harder with mum gone.

I made portugese chicken burgers tonight mmmm they were good! lol now off to get a shower and go to bed,

hi Renee n Anna...
default_saludando.gif

Renee if Temptress foals tonight, I hope she has a safe BEAUTFIUL foal for you that is healthy, as well as mum!!

night all sorry I haven't been on here much, crazy busy
default_no.gif

SLEEP lol

Cassie I don't know if it is possible but Finn seems to get even more adorable each day
yes.gif
Suzie has done a great job
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back