Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the name Cassie, but prefer FINN to Finlay/Finley - Suzie and Finn goes nicely together and sounds good too.
default_yes.gif

OK here are my pics of my wonky legged filly. No treatment given (just like Dian's little fella) but Momma Nutty was grazed in hand for an hour morning and afternoon for three days just to give the little girl a lightly reduced exercise pattern - she wouldn't lay down and sleep outside until the third day, so once she did that we happily put them out all day. (Nutty is a lady who loves her stable and does NOT get stressed by being in.)

First day out.

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

More next post......

One with her gorgeous Momma, my special Nutty and my original foundation mare, purchased as a three year old in 1993 - in foal to Dragon (we hope) for her last foal, then she will just be my favourite pasture pet!
default_wub.png

IMG_2211.jpg

Filly (Hazel) a week later.

IMG_3117.jpg

Two months later.

IMG_3669.jpg

And two pics from this year right on her first birthday.

IMG_4482.jpg

hazel.jpg

So you have no need to worry about Finn Cassie.
default_biggrin.png

Oh Cassie, he does make me laugh!! Poor Suzie is trying to eat her food (you are early or has something gone wrong with the clock?) and naughty Finn was doing his tail 'whirring' and was trying to rub his little botty against Suzie's chest. She kept moving backwards to get away from him, but he just kept backing up - looked as though he was pushing his Momma backward LOL!! Poor Suz eventually had to walk all round her stable to get rid of him so she could get back to her food!

I think this little fella is going to lead Suzie and you a merry dance in the future - talk about Mr. Personality!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

Thanks Anna
default_smile.png
I will try show those pics to my friend if thats alright, I will check him out better when I let him out but his legs look a little straighter this morning hopefully
default_biggrin.png
oh yes Definitley Finn
default_smile.png
do you like the showname?

took some pics of Penny, putting them up now

penny.jpg

comparison from 10th August... she was still very fluffy there prob not the best comparison sorry lol

p1.jpg

and again the one when she was pregnant at her orginial home...

Penny08.jpg

what do you think?

Glad you like the double nn idea for Finn Cassie and yes I do like his show name.
default_yes.gif

Feel free to show the pics of my Hazel to anyone - together with Diane's pictures, they could give hope to others who might have 'wonky legged foals'

Hurry with Penny's pics, it's nearly my bed time and I want to see what she looks like!!

With the name I'd check with wherever you are registering to make sure they don't have a letter limit because that can really interfer with naming
default_wacko.png

And not to plug the group I'm with
default_wink.png
but check out AMHS (http://amhs.com.au/) they are new but building a strong base in VIC and NSW. And because they are new their fees are pretty good right now! Ok, I'll end the shameless plug
default_new_rofl.gif

I like Finn better then Finley as well
default_laugh.png

thanks Bree
default_smile.png
will do...

yeah Finn it is, but his name will be Finley (cos I like the meaning) lol but we won't call him that LOL

what do you think of Penny Bree? am I going to get another foal in a few months?

Given how Dreamy led me on for awhile, and not just me she conned a few other experienced breeders, I'm not brave enough to guess
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I'd get her scanned/tested in some way if you think she might be.

Its hard to know if Penny is in foal. Its the shape of her tummy that looks suspicious to me. Have you ever noticed any movement. Does she have anything that resembles an udder or the beginnings of one?

Might be worth getting her checked or tested just to be sure but I dont think I could rule her out looking at the pics.

Glad you like the double nn idea for Finn Cassie and yes I do like his show name.
default_yes.gif

Feel free to show the pics of my Hazel to anyone - together with Diane's pictures, they could give hope to others who might have 'wonky legged foals'

Hurry with Penny's pics, it's nearly my bed time and I want to see what she looks like!!

AnnaC, you have a little horse named Hazel? Cassie, Sorry i'm not trying to hyjack your thread. I just had to ask Anna

haha no worries Hazel LOL I don't mind, personally I LOVE the name Hazel!!
default_biggrin.png

I haven't seen Penny come into heat the whole time I have had her... I thought I felt a tiny movement this morning... but will have to spend more time feeling to make sure...

she is starting to get the fluid sack in front of her udder...
default_unsure.png

its so hard to know.... she definitley has a bigger tummy then last month... but it might be that she is just fat... WDIK lol

but their previous owner Mark, might be coming on Sunday to see Finn so I'll see what he thinks when he sees Penny,.

Hi Cassie, I had to spend the day at a food show in Tampa ( just desserts...its a terrible job but someones got to do it LOL )but was able to watch little Finn and Suzi for a bit earlier...hes very brave for such a young and tiny wee one. I like watching Suzi let him get just so far and stay away for just a bit then it...get back to me time. I love the silly faces in his pictures. Have you managed to come out of the foaling "fog" yet...I was in it for about 4 days...couldnt think of anything else...just Cam! It sounds like you are doing the same with Finn.

Amazing photos Anna and Diane....people need to look at those before rushing to do all sorts of splints and wraps which Im sure can possibly make things worse.

Cassie he is such a doll baby and i hope Penny is preggo!! Finn needs a little sister to take care of. Am i missing the post where you mentioned his show/registered name...I cant seem to find it.

Hi Heidi
default_saludando.gif
Thankyou
default_cheekkiss.gif

oh n I demand some new pics of Cam!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
I wanna see how much he has grown hehe!!

I'm thinking show name,

Kingspark Little Beginnings Gallant Lad
default_blush.png
what do you think??

I got a msg finally back from my friend...
default_sad.png
closedeyes.gif
I can't please everyone...
default_footinmouth.gif

this is what she sent me...

"nah, we were just a bit dissapointed that we tried to give you advice and you didn't really listen or take any notice."

default_no.gif
its so hard with so many different opinions trying to do what is right for them both, and keep everyone happy LOL
default_wacko.png

but he seems to be doing better on his legs, will try n take some pics after work,

Mum has gone away for a few days so I have to do motherly duties LOL cooking, taking the boys to school ironing washing LOL I don't mind it, just less time to play with my ponies and soccer n youth start back this week too LOL

my little man comes running up to me now :HappyBounceI love him so much!!

Thanks again everyone!
default_cheekkiss.gif

"nah, we were just a bit dissapointed that we tried to give you advice and you didn't really listen or take any notice."
Cassie a "friend" wouldn't say this, Heck we didn't even say it to you know how. If they were experienced horse people they would know better than to judge a foal's legs at such an early age.

Well Diane and Anna have proved that.

Morning Renee
default_smile.png

Thankyou, I was really upset by it as you know me, I hate people being upset or annoyed at me LOL

but little Finn is doing so well and your advice has helped me SO much that I don't really care, thankyou all of you for supporting me! I'm going to take some more pics n hopefully get them up before soccer tonight
default_smile.png

little man decided that jumping is the best fun ever!! LOL he jumps over weeds, sticks anything he can lol little brat!
default_wub.png

baby Finn is in for the night
default_smile.png
I tried to take pics lol unfortunatly for all of you ladies LOL he wanted scratches LOL I managed to get a few, not very good ones, have to go cook dinner I will try n put them up before soccer but not sure if I will get time...

morning Anna n Lindi!!
default_saludando.gif

And I would have responded with:

"And I was a bit dissapointed that I told you were to stick it and you didn't listen so I guess neither of us got what we wanted."
default_wink.png

Actually we may have just discovered why I don't have many friends
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I have no tolerance for 'friends' who behave in such a manner towards me.

In the horse world one of the first things you need to grasp is we all have opinions and a lot of those will conflict with others. What you learn pretty quickly is that holding one opinion does not make everyone else wrong so unless it's a matter of 100% obvious neglect we have no right to dictate to one another. Obviously your friend has not grasped this fact!

Enjoy Finn and ignore those sorts of comments
default_yes.gif

Haha, thats exactly it - you cant please everyone Cassie. In the end you have to do what you feel is best. You can take or leave any of our advise - its all there for you to consider, and use, or not use as you like
default_yes.gif
Your friend should think the same way.

I have Temptress, my last mare to foal in tonight. She doesnt look totally ready to me, but her ph is testing ready. I havent foaled this mare out before, so i dont know her pattern, so she's in to be safe. I havent had a ph test ready, and them not foal before, so im going with that.

She's on marestare if you want to have her up http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=anyssapark

Id assume you're already at soccor. But ill check in for pics later on and see if you get a chance to load them when you get home.
default_yes.gif

Back