Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm sure I can see a difference - not the WOW! GULP! OMG! type of difference, but a difference all the same.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Not expecting to see a difference in her udder as it's a bit soon yet, but her tummy is certainly heading in the right direction!!
default_biggrin.png

Good luck with the move - lets have some new pics when you get all settled in.
default_yes.gif

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't had any updates for a while! I gotta make this quick though as I gotta go back to work- at the library. We don't have internet at our place.

Well we have officially moved into the new place, we brought my two minis Spirit and Ruckus over a couple days ago and they are loving their new "playground"
default_wink.png
We also brought my old rescue horse, Boogie, over and he is settling in nicely as well. We still have to move Cody, my young paint gelding, over (he needs more work on loading before he get's to come over). And we still have to move our two 55 gallon fish tanks over and my two Jack Russels (I'm waiting to bring them over until we have our dog yard finished, it's almost done). So I've got those three horses and my two other dogs and the house cat are on the new property with me and my boyfriend (who's worked SO hard and spent SO much time and money making a home for us and the animals, he's a keeper!)

We've got the foaling stall started and should be done by this weekend, than Sunny can be moved over and I'll give her the green light to foal
default_smile.png
(course we all know how well they follow orders when it comes to foaling lol
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Sunny is still doing the same, maybe a little more filling in her udder but not much and still seems to get bigger in the tummy everyday
default_smile.png
I'll see if I can get some more pictures here in the next couple days, maybe this weekend. I either have to use the library's internet or Clay's parents, haven't had any time to get on though the past week. Once things start settling down thought there will be more time for updates
default_smile.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
The new home sounds perfect - boyfriend IS a keeper!!
default_yes.gif

So glad to get your update, hope all goes well with the moving of the rest of your furkids.

Just keep us updated when you can, and take loads of pictures so you can post them for us sometime in the future.
default_yes.gif

aktion033.gif
Thanks for the update, I am so glad all is going well for you. Three cheers for the boyfriend and well done to you for finding such a good one. Way to go girl
high5.gif

Photos when you have time please
biggrin.gif

Happy Moving
saludando.gif

YAY
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
how exciting, for progress with Sunny, moving everything to the new house!, finding the GREAT boyfriend!, Sunny should reward you by having her foal once she is settled into her new place!

are you going to be setting up the internet at your new house?
default_biggrin.png

Hey Guys!!! Soooo....still no foal. No changes that I have noticed in Sunny since my last update. Everything seems about the same. She's doing well. We moved her over to our property yesterday and she's settling in really well, hasn't appeared stressed at all, she's eating well and I'm very pleased with how she's settling in. I was worried about her being really stressed out with moving but I think her being next to my two other minis, Spirit and Ruckus, has really helped as she doesn't feel alone. We've moved over all the animals except my young Paint horse Cody, he's having some loading issues, but we'll get him moved, sooner or later, my mom is taking care of him for me until we get him moved over.

So here's some picures of Sunny taken today 12/4/11-

1366.jpg

1376.jpg

1388.jpg

1389.jpg

1386.jpg

1392.jpg

We don't have internet at our new place so I'll udate again when I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey stranger!
default_saludando.gif
glad to hear you are all still doing well!

Sunny looks great! poor little girl is going to have this foal in the middle of winter
default_no.gif
poor little bubba, hope you have a little dog rug ready to keep him/ her nice and warm!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

how is the new property going? everything looks on track and moving along very nicely! well done you!
default_aktion033.gif

Hi there
saludando.gif
It's great to hear that you have nearly finished the move and Sunny looks really good. One thing I would like to ask though is if Sunny stays in her pen all the time? I think that she will need to walk a lot more to get the foal into position and also exercise is very important for horses. Do you let her out when you are at home?

Thanks
saludando.gif

First, thanks for getting to an internet connection and giving us an update.
default_yes.gif

I too was going to ask the same question as Renee - it is so very important for mares to get plenty of exercise during pregnancy, especially late pregnancy. If they are stabled at night, which hopefully they are, especially if the weather is cold/and or wet for the new foal's sake, then they should be walking around all day. I know you are at a new place and things may not yet be how you want or need them, but just get her moving as much as you possibly can. A lot of folks with 'smallish' paddocks spread small amounts of hay dotted around the space available so that the mares have to wander from pile to pile instead of standing in one spot to eat all day. Of course if you have grass then Sunny will be on the move as she grazes, but even then extra exercise will be necessary.

To Sunny herself. I can see that her tummy is growing, but still think she has a way to go yet. Nothing much seems to be moving in her udder, so perhaps she is going to be one of those mares who really gets HUGE in the tummy before she's ready to foal?? She is such a pretty mare though - she can come live with me anytime.
default_yes.gif

Take care - hope to hear from you again soon!

hey stranger!
default_saludando.gif
glad to hear you are all still doing well!

Sunny looks great! poor little girl is going to have this foal in the middle of winter
default_no.gif
poor little bubba, hope you have a little dog rug ready to keep him/ her nice and warm!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

how is the new property going? everything looks on track and moving along very nicely! well done you!
default_aktion033.gif

Yup I've got 2 fleece blankets for him/her and a Foal Saver blanket, and a foal turnout blanket so the baby will be nice warm
default_smile.png

Thanks
default_smile.png
The new property is great, really nice to have our own place and have (almost) all the animals together again, and REALLY nice having Sunny close by.

Hi there
saludando.gif
It's great to hear that you have nearly finished the move and Sunny looks really good. One thing I would like to ask though is if Sunny stays in her pen all the time? I think that she will need to walk a lot more to get the foal into position and also exercise is very important for horses. Do you let her out when you are at home?

Thanks
saludando.gif

Sunny and I take walks- as I know it's important for her to be getting exercise. She can't be out with the other minis though as she gets very aggressive with them and tries to turn it into a kicking match- so unfortunately when I'm not there to walk her she has to be in her pen. My boyfriends brother has 140+ acres right next to us though so I have endless fields to walk her through, she loves it. For now that's the biggest pen I can make for her, as the ground froze before I was able to pound more posts into the ground and hasn't thawed out enough since. So for now she gets walks as much and as often during the day as I can.

First, thanks for getting to an internet connection and giving us an update.
default_yes.gif

I too was going to ask the same question as Renee - it is so very important for mares to get plenty of exercise during pregnancy, especially late pregnancy. If they are stabled at night, which hopefully they are, especially if the weather is cold/and or wet for the new foal's sake, then they should be walking around all day. I know you are at a new place and things may not yet be how you want or need them, but just get her moving as much as you possibly can. A lot of folks with 'smallish' paddocks spread small amounts of hay dotted around the space available so that the mares have to wander from pile to pile instead of standing in one spot to eat all day. Of course if you have grass then Sunny will be on the move as she grazes, but even then extra exercise will be necessary.

To Sunny herself. I can see that her tummy is growing, but still think she has a way to go yet. Nothing much seems to be moving in her udder, so perhaps she is going to be one of those mares who really gets HUGE in the tummy before she's ready to foal?? She is such a pretty mare though - she can come live with me anytime.
default_yes.gif

Take care - hope to hear from you again soon!

I agree on the exercise- she actually moves around a lot in that little pen, she goes inside than comes outside and if my other two minis "disappear" behind the trees she will walk around in circles- she's not acting stressed out but seems to just like to be moving around (as if that get's her any closer to them lol) And I take her on walks around my boyfriends brother's acreage (140+ acres of open fields and some woods), so she gets a fair amount of exercise for what I can offer her. (It's good for me too!
default_smile.png
) I would love to offer her more but for now I'm doing as much as I can as I know it's really good for her to be getting good exercise, especially with how small her pen is. I totally agree with you guys, I gotta get her out as much as possible.

It's amazing how quickly the jobs pile up on a property, especially when you've just moved!
default_wacko.png
:wacko

Good luck with it all, we killed the gardens from neglect after we moved
default_new_rofl.gif
they just kept getting bumped down the to do list!

default_saludando.gif
she is progressing on nicely shes got the belly starting to look like the v shape.udders need alot

more filling though..oh i no this waiting game sucks ,,keep the photos coming
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
she is progressing on nicely shes got the belly starting to look like the v shape.udders need alot

more filling though..oh i no this waiting game sucks ,,keep the photos coming
default_aktion033.gif

Yup belly is progressing nicely, udder still needs some work...if she bags up before she foals, I'm keeping in mind that she might not bag up until after she foals. I'm hoping she gives me some clue as to her getting closer, but you never know.....

The only slight changes I've noticed is she doesn't seem as "wide" as before and the area in front of her udder is "full" looking/feeling.

You are doing a great job with her - her condition show how well you are doing.
default_yes.gif

Sorry if we keep bringing up things that you cant do right now, like a larger space for her, but it is difficult sometimes to know what is happening somewhere via the internet, plus not being too sure how much experience a person has, so one suggests things, trying to be helpful!

Those walks round that 140 acres will be fine for her so dont worry, we realise you are doing the best you can. I think she will certainly get more of an udder before she foals even if she doesn't fill it completely.

Perhaps we could have a go at guessing her foaling date, just as we are doing with Fire Fly? I'll guess 6th January.
default_yes.gif

You are doing a great job with her - her condition show how well you are doing.
default_yes.gif

Sorry if we keep bringing up things that you cant do right now, like a larger space for her, but it is difficult sometimes to know what is happening somewhere via the internet, plus not being too sure how much experience a person has, so one suggests things, trying to be helpful!

Those walks round that 140 acres will be fine for her so dont worry, we realise you are doing the best you can. I think she will certainly get more of an udder before she foals even if she doesn't fill it completely.

Perhaps we could have a go at guessing her foaling date, just as we are doing with Fire Fly? I'll guess 6th January.
default_yes.gif

No problem with the suggestions!
default_smile.png
They're always great, even if I'm already aware
default_smile.png

Yes! Guessing her foaling date would be fun! I'm going to go out on a limb and say December 25th
default_smile.png
A Christmas baby
default_smile.png
Keep the foaling date guesses coming!
default_smile.png

How bout this?! Everyone put forward your best guesses: 1. Foaling Date 2. Color (the stud is solid black) (pics posted of him at the beginning of the thread) 3. Colt or Filly

Ok I vote for January 1, because that's my daughters b-day, and a black filly, so we can have a filly year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back