Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh I'm gonna say a beautiful golden buckskin! Filly of course! she will be born on the 1st January!! so she is baby of the month AND baby of the year!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

Sunny's udder seems to be starting to fill! I check it in the morning at breakfast and in the evening at dinner and at this mornings check it's bigger than when I checked last night! Still not an "OMG" change but it's something! I'm checking her during the night and during the day as often as I can. I know it could still be another month or so but I'm being extra careful, it's not something I want to miss. So I'm glad to finally have some change as she's been about the same the past few weeks. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded soon and updates as much as I can. Anyone else wanna throw in some guesses??? Foal date/color/sex.

I've had lots of dreams of her foaling....so far in my dreams she's had a: Buckskin filly, Black/white filly, chestnut colt, chestnut/white colt, and a palomino filly. So it'll be interesting to see what she actually has lol
default_smile.png

Great news about her udder!! You will find that it will feel more full in the morning after she has stood in for the night, and less full at teatime when she comes in from the paddock - exercise reduces the size of the udder at this stage. When she gets to around 5-6 days from foaling, her udder will not reduce but stay full and pretty firm, day and night. Then 24-36 hours before she foals, her udder will be really full/tight/hard, teats will be filled and pointing downwards and you may even get wax deposits hanging from them.................this is all supposing that she is following the classic foaling manual!! LOL!!
default_biggrin.png

As for guessing the colour of Sunny's baby, I'm not good with colours - does Sunny have an eel stripe like with a dun, or is she just the lovely 'custard cream' biscuit colour that I love so much, plus her light mane and tail? If Sunny has no eel stripe, then I will guess that new baby will have a lovely cream body - mane and tail will be mixed white/pale cream and black hairs. Oh and it will be a filly!!
default_yes.gif

Can we have an update on how Sunny is doing please. And how are things going with your new place?

I'm going to say January 12.... a palomino filly.
aktion033.gif

I know I say this often but I LOVE palominos. One day I WILL own one
biggrin.gif

Can we have an update on how Sunny is doing please. And how are things going with your new place?

Sorry, been really busy and limited access to internet. Sunny is doing great, still doing the same as my last update, no changes since. Things are going great at home, we got the last horse over and so now everyone is home, it's great.

Here's a couple side shots, I didn't get any bag shots but there's no big changes there so not much to see.

Taken 12/18-

340.jpg

346.jpg

352.jpg

363.jpg

I know I keep saying it, but I do like Sunny, just my sort of mare!
default_wub.png

She's looking good too - dont worry about her udder development, she will get her milk supply when she's ready (although she might be one of those girls who develops fast!)

Glad to hear all is well with you and that you managed to get your last horse transported safely.
default_yes.gif

Happy Christmas!
default_saludando.gif

No no no Anna, it is far too windy in Wales, Sunny needs to come to sunny Italy
biggrin.gif

I am so glad you are settling in to your new home with all your furry friends, moving is such hard work so try and get some rest over the holidays.

saludando.gif

Sunny is still the same, doing well, but the same. I'm going to try something different and during the day when I'm home so I can keep an eye on her I'll turn her out in Spirit and Ruckus' pen, and put them in her little outside area (it's small but they get along just fine and they'll get turned back out at night and when I'm not home). So she'll be getting more excersise throughout the day, instead of just certain amount of time each day. Leading her we couldn't do much trotting around, so having her loose in the pen she can excersize how she wants
default_smile.png
when I turned her out she was prancing around, so happy
default_smile.png
She was enjoying herself. So I think it'll be better for her to have some free roamin' time. I'll just have to watch her close while she's out there.

I've added beet pulp to her diet, how much should she be getting? I bought the pellets and I know you're supposed to measure it dry and soak it. I've been soaking it overnight for the morning feeding and all day for the night feeding. How much should she be getting? She gets one big flake grass/alfalfa hay morning and night, and 1 pound morning and night of Omalene 300. She's been doing really well on that diet, she's at a good weight. So how much beet pulp would be a good amount for her?

Regarding the beet pulp I would just give her a 'grabbed' handful of soaked pulp in each feed - so possibly a handful and a half of unsoaked nuts would do for both feeds. Remember to use plenty of water for soaking and stir it round every now and then (a lot of the nuts dont soak completely) also you can soak the whole lot overnight and just feed half in the morning and half at night, possibly more sensible as the daytime soak might not be long enough to soak the nuts completely.

Also you will have to stop the beet pulp as soon as she foals - it is not something that a foal needs to nibble at when they are just born/young, and they often pop their mouths into Momma's feed bowl when they are just a few days old. This is why most people will slowly change their broodmares on to a mare and foal feed several weeks before they are due - mare and foal feeds are safe in their make up for little mouths to nibble at.

It's Christmas Day here folks!! 12.03 am.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too Diane. Just noticed that you are on the same time as LB - at least I will now have one person in the world that I can get the correct time for. LOL!!

default_saludando.gif
MERRY XMAS its 6.00 pm here and iam a little drunk i havent had a drink in 12 years

so didnt take much
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
HO HO HO

ho ho ho I am drunk too, hick. Happy Xmas all, it is 16.00 here and the boys are all asleep. yippeeeeeee

I miss you all
saludando.gif

Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMY Diane.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It all sounds great apart from..........what on earth are kaneflies??
default_unsure.png

Hi Renee, no need to ask if you are having a good time LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back