Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOOPS sorry guys, changing that NOW!

I was one my ipod at 10:30pm last night... it always comes up with such strange words hehe woops.... yes they are going to EUROPE!!!! ( i'm on my laptop now hehe)

yes would love an update on Sunny please
default_yes.gif
sorry to have hijacked your thread hehe

Hey guys! No worries!
default_wink.png
I've been crazy busy lately.....Sunny is doing good, about the same. I got some new pictures today and I'll post them tomorrow, I think she's about the same, but of course I see her everyday so I might not notice the little changes like you guys would or if I post the pics from before and the new ones side by side. She's coming along really well and everything is looking good, still no bag.

I'll post the pics tomorrow
default_smile.png

Haha sorry guys! Got busy yesterday lol!

Here's a couple pics taken from the 27th~

137.jpg

084.jpg

130.jpg

I'll post some more when I have more time!
default_smile.png

She's doin goood and still no change.

She's such a pretty girl and a really good sort for a brood mare IMO.
default_yes.gif

Some slight changes with Sunny this evening....she's looked to have dropped a little bit more in the belly and looks more filled out on the sides too....maybe the foal getting pointed in the right direction? (when the vet did an ultrasound last month the foal was breach) She looked noticably different from this morning and afternoon, it wasn't a huge, "oh my gosh" change but it was noticed by both myself and my boyfriends mom (which is where Sunny is until we move onto our property down the road, which will be within this month). She picked at her grain and took a couple hours to finish it all, usually it's gone within a few minutes. She wasn't as eager as she usually is to eat her hay either. She was also much harder to catch and didn't want me touching her udder, we haven't had any problems with either for a long time so that was "off" for her. Her udder seems to have started filling out, just slightly but still a noticable change from this morning when I felt it. We were able to make up a makeshift foaling stall in my boyfriend's mom's barn. She was pretty stressed from being taken away from the others but sooner or later she was going to have to be separated so I guess it's now or never. I'll still turn her out during the day while I'm there and can keep an eye on her, at night she'll go in the stall. I just left a little while ago and she settled down quite a bit from when she was first put in there so that's good, she started eating more of her hay and started settling in.

So I'll be keeping a close eye on her and really watching her for anymore changes, oh boy!
default_wacko.png

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow......

Last edited by a moderator:
All sounding good!
default_yes.gif

Hopefully she will settle at night soon, bless her - they do hate being moved away from their friends dont they! But it would be great if you can get her down to your own home before she foals - much easier for you to keep an eye on her I would think?

More pics please when you have time.
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
sorry i havent been in sunnys thread for awhile...ive been alittle messed up with all thats going on

sounds like little sunny is moving along nicely...

can we have some new photos please

oh whens her due date

I'll be sure and get some pictures today
default_smile.png
I'll post them by tonight (might be late though
default_smile.png
)

Lucky Lodge- her due date is unknown, she was a "rescue" and was in with a stud for the past year so we don't know her due date, the vet ultrasounded her last month and said she guessed her to be about 9 months along. So if she was correct Sunny would be about 10 months along now.

Anna C- Yes, it makes it more difficult not having her at my own home, unfortunately I don't have a choice so I'm just doing the best I can with what I've got. At the place I live right now there's CCR's and they limit the horses to 4 per 5 acres, we only have 5 acres.
default_wacko.png
We are currently over the limit already with my 2 minis/2 big horses and my moms 3 big horses. So if I brought another mini over we'd probably get another nasty letter in the mail telling me to sell more horses (I already had to sell 3 of my minis to get them off our backs until I moved out as they were threatening to take us to court). So as you can see my situation forces me to keep her off the property I live on right now. But I'm doing the best I can with her where she's at- which is where she would be anyways if I hadn't decided to take her, and I have more experience with the minis than they do so I know she's better off than she would have been. We should be moving within the month so if she can just hold out another month that'll be nice but if not we'll do the best we can with what we've got.
default_wink.png
Lot's of prayers
default_yes.gif

Unfortunately my girls have to move out of the herd to foal as I prefer to foal them out at home, it only takes 2 minutes to jump out of bed and run downstairs but it would take me 10 minutes to get to the stables and that as we all know is just too long. My girls settle down after about 3 days. We all do what we can and what is safest for our mares. Of course if we were all millionaires we would do it differently
biggrin.gif

She is lucky to have found you and not long now and you will have your new home
aktion033.gif

I'm sure Sunny is very pleased to have found someone like you to love and care for her, no matter whether she has to live next door, down the road or several miles away. She's a very lucky girl to have found you.
default_yes.gif

Would love to see the new pics as soon as you can get them posted - please hurry!
default_biggrin.png

yes can't wait to see some new pictures, of your gorgeous Sunny! how exciting...

well I must confess I am very lucky... all my horses are on my property... my stable is built about 100m away from my house and is absoloutly beautiful... only problem would be when I someday move out they will be on my parents property LOL but if I have it my way and marry some rich guy hehe I would buy the property across the road (which belongs to my aunties, so there is a slight chance I could inherit it... fingers crossed hehe) and then build my own stables and such over there
default_biggrin.png
a girl can dream can't she LOL

hoping your able to get Sunny moved across into you property before she foals! did the vet give you a rough estimate at all? on how much longer??

Soooo.....funny story...I set my camera out with my stuff this morning when I was leaving to go take care of Sunny, well....I somehow forgot my camera here so I didn't get any pictures with it.
default_rolleyes.gif
But I did manage to get some side shots with my cell phone, they aren't the best, as my phone doesn't take real high quality pictures but it'll work till tomorrow
default_smile.png
I promise I'll get some pictures tomorrow and post them tomorrow night (might be really late again). Her changes are slight, so you might not see much difference in these pics, but noticable when you look at her in person. I think my camera will show better with the pics I get tomorrow.
default_wink.png

She's settling down a little more and still doesn't eat her grain or hay like she usually does (even when she's in the other pen she's been in the past couple of months), she picks at her food and before she'd usually have it all cleaned up, now there's still hay out for the next feeding.

So here's a few pics, like I said the changes aren't huge, but noticable enough that I noticed the change from that morning to the evening. I couldn't get a good shot of her bag with my phone but I'll get some tomorrow with the camera.

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image4.jpg

image6.jpg

she is lovely!! and that tummy is looking real good!

maybe the foal is taking up more room and so making her feel fuller? totally guessing here so correct me ladies if I am wrong... she looks nice and healthy and happy!
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
dusty belly i think last week she was only tiny

so you can never really judge the belly size

33k4x1y.jpg

Great pictures - she's such a pretty girl.
default_wub.png

From the looks of it she is moving gently in the right direction. I still think she has a while to go yet before she starts getting an udder (about 4 weeks before foaling), but she is certainly making good progress.
default_yes.gif

Just a thought - does she do plenty of walking around or is she being a bit reluctant over the last couple of days? (just thinking about you saying that she was not eating up like she used to). If the foal is in a bit of an uncomfortable position at the moment, it might help her if she could be encouraged to keep moving. Can you take her for a few 'walkies' round her pasture or up the drive/road. Mares do need to keep moving especially at the later stage of pregnancy, as this can often dispel any uncomfortable feelings by getting the foal to change position, which lets the mare get back to her normal feeding routine.

Just had a look back at the stud's pictures - hummmmmm yes I think you could get a buckskin - oh this is all so exciting, I love getting that first glimpse of a new baby's colour, trouble is they then often change it when they get older!
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back