Some Of Your FAVORITE Registered Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorites:

Mars Vantastic (her dam's name was Vanna)

O Henrys Georgous George (little rolie polie thing...name fit PERFECTLY!)

Mars Little Beep Beep (dam was in the yard when my uncle drove up his truck...she was in the way so he beeped the horn twice and the mare flopped down and popped out a baby!)

O Henrys Chico Colorado (means "Little Red" in Spanish--full brother to Georgeous George)

O Henrys Stormin Normin--name for Chico and George's next brother
default_biggrin.png

Mars Ahmen --our first buckskin filly!

Willow Creeks Im 2 Cool 2 Dance --our Wardance Son

O Henrys Rain or Shine (dam was Sunshine and sire was Cloud)

O Henrys Pretty Peoria AKA PP--Sire is Penny and dam is Princess..we had a hard time picking a name so we just used the first letter or sire and dam for a few months

Sweetie AKA: Precious-I don't know how it came about that we had to call her Precious instead of Sweetie. But her name is a perfect fit as well.

O henrys Peek A Boo- mare in my avatar-dam was solid chestnut and we weren't expecting a loud pinto baby!

ARC Ono-- was born in the middle of winter in a big snowhill! OOPS!

ARC Oogly-- bay with bald face...grandma doesn't like bald faces!

Broken M's Faline--gorgeous name to fit a drop dead gorgeous mare...it's so elegant to say

I'll probably think of some more....there's been so many I can't remember them all!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a couple of horses here with some fun names. My favorites that we have are:

Who's Your Daddy

VPS Just A Tad Bad

VPS Simply Irresistible

Norma Jean Baker

I remember when I still in riding horses and going through some classifieds, I came across a Captain Underpants and his barn name was Wedgie
default_rolleyes.gif

~Jen~

Well out of my own minis I like the names:

Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy

Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH

Cross Country New Kid In Town

Miss B Haven Mystee Lady SPH

I also like the name SPH Knockouts' Canadian Design.

I remember when I still in riding horses and going through some classifieds, I came across a Captain Underpants and his barn name was Wedgie
default_biggrin.png
Ha ha ha....that is the cutest thing I've ever heard of. Oh I am so stealing that one!!

default_biggrin.png
Ha ha ha....that is the cutest thing I've ever heard of. Oh I am so stealing that one!!
LOL I just said that to a friend on the phone we both think it is adorable so it will be a race to see who gets to use it first. Since I have no foals coming I think I will lose that race

QUOTE(ohmt @ Nov 25 2007, 03:36 PM)

LOL I just said that to a friend on the phone we both think it is adorable so it will be a race to see who gets to use it first. Since I have no foals coming I think I will lose that race
We can share!!
default_biggrin.png
I have around 10 babies coming for next year and after 7 fillies this year and no colts I have a feeling I'm due for a few
default_yes.gif
I'm excited....I'll have a Captain Underpants (aka Wedgie) and a Stormin Normin. TOO CUTE! Ok...if anyone else has some incredibly cute colt names let me know. Next year will be fun.
default_laugh.png
i'm thinking I like the Great Balls of Fire one too. I'll add that to my list! Gotta get my kicks somehow huh?

I'm forum friends with his owner!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

I don't own any horses with names I'm crazy about but one I've always liked was a brown QH mare I knew of years ago. Her name was Jet Set Brunette - very cute.

*I am one who personally loves the plays on the BUCK names.*

Some of my favorites of foals I have named:

Crayonbox Spotless Perfection- was hoping for an appy... barn name "Percy"

Crayonbox Ring Around the Rosie -dam's name is Rosie and she cantered circles around her a few hours after birth! barn name "Rhyme"

Crayonbox Cash In Your Chips -first leopard from my stallion "Chips"

Crayonbox Tickle Me Pink -an actual Crayola crayon color
default_biggrin.png
barn name "Tickle"

Crayonbox Idle Superstition born on Friday 13th with no problems!

Crayonbox Crystal Clear -dam's name is Crystal, sire is a snowcap appy and she has no appy spots!

I am not extatic over my boys' registered names (ERL Spectacular Romeo and Little Americas Xenon Willido).. But they are ok. I really like their barn names though (Willie and Romeo).

One of the colts at my barn we just named Jus B Coz Mango Tango (His barn name is Mango). I love it!

I forgot to add that we are seriously considering naming my mare I co-own's baby Jus B Coz Nacho Business (or Na Cho Business) if it is a colt. It is a play on words.. And I love the thought of naming a colt Nacho!

*I am one who personally loves the plays on the BUCK names.*
Oh yes, I agree they are "cute", but why would someone want a name that sounds like it should be "adults only"?? Imagine some little girl or boy showing a horse with an "X-rated" name? Remember, we aren't naming these horses for ourselves...all the time.

Oh yes, I agree they are "cute", but why would someone want a name that sounds like it should be "adults only"?? Imagine some little girl or boy showing a horse with an "X-rated" name? Remember, we aren't naming these horses for ourselves...all the time.
Speaking of X-Rated names, I think sometimes people go for the 'cuteness' and don't think about how some people will take the name.. Case in point, I remember a few years ago coming across an AQHA cremello mare whose name was "Cream N My Genes"
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png
Yep, definitely think they meant the name to express the fact she carried the cream gene, but those with their "minds in the gutter" can take it the other way :DOH!

OK, I'll add another "Buck" name...

We bought an unnamed pinto colt from Sawmill River Farm so they let us name him.

Sire: Smithdeal Rowdys Buccaneer (Rowdy grandson)

Dam: Buck Ons Causin Commotion (BOB daughter/Buckeroo granddaughter)

Our farm: On Target Miniatures

Our colt's name: SRF Buckshot

Speaking of X-Rated names, I think sometimes people go for the 'cuteness' and don't think about how some people will take the name.. Case in point, I remember a few years ago coming across an AQHA cremello mare whose name was "Cream N My Genes" Yep, definitely think they meant the name to express the fact she carried the cream gene, but those with their "minds in the gutter" can take it the other way
buahahhaa ok I'm really really hoping they just didn't realize it had definitely had a double meaning. I am definitely not a "mind in the gutter" person and that's the first thing I thought of. That poor poor horse. At least they spelled the name Genes and not Jeans. thank goodness. hahaha. goodness. some names are so funny. We traded a stallion with a man once and when we checked the stallion report one of his mares names was Buckskin Gril...obviously it was supposed to be Buckskin Girl only someone was a very bad speller. When horse's names aren't spelled correctly (without being on purpose) it drives me crazy. One that bothered me was Like A Eagle. Beautiful mare but Like A Eagle? Like AN Eagle. tehe...I've always been grammatically picky though. blame it on my mother. She wouldn't answer me unless my sentences were correct.

Well, mine aren't registered but they do have their "fancy" names and their barn names. My favorite fancy name is Blissful Encounter whom I call Bliss usually.

We had a lot of fun naming the foals this year we had one picked out before she was born. We named her LC Painted Supreme Diva. Her barn name is Lilly. We had trouble naming the colt but decided on LC Night Dancer and his barn name is Levis. Next year the foals will have barn names starting with a C after our LC Farm. Will keep this up until i don't like anymore L and C names. I like to see what the horse came from in the reg. name.

Speaking of funny names .

The worse and most embarrising registered name i have ever heard is my best friends geldings grandmother on his dams side. He is a AQHA palomino and his granddam is named 'Old Fluffy Cat'
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
. If you knew her gelding like i do you would know why its so funny lol. Talk about embarrising.

Since she probably wont post, she has two big horses and i think they both have neat names.

Izzy Iz Izzy Aint

Jokin N Lopin

The worst story I've ever heard - and considering the source I think it was probably true - was a racing QH. AQHA must not have said his name out loud, because they let Test Tickle slip by.....can you imagine them calling the race, "and it's Test Tickle by a nose...."
default_new_shocked.gif

We've had some names here I love, and some I just ran out of time on and had to name LOL.

Mime fillies - Wild Oaks Divine Miss Mime, and Wild Oaks Peace of Mime (dam is Deiles Peacemaker)

A colt with 4 high whites (okay, should have been a filly but I didn't have one that fit the name) - Wild Oaks Stiletto Heels.

Wild Oaks Spotless Echo (supposed to have been a pinto) barn name Spot.

Wild Oaks Jumpstart My Heart

My personal favorite, but partly because I'm so attached to the boy and because he so lives up to the name - Wild Oaks Mr Charisma.

We had an APHA baby this year by Last Detail, and in naming her ran across some wonderful Last Detail names that have been used. My favorite, Downtown Detail Brown. Ours is Details Comen Soon (dam a See Me Comen daughter with a small belly spot that took awhile for apha to accept).

Lots of great AQHA names with Zip and Zipper in them after Zippo Pine Bar.

Jan

Latest posts

Back