Your Favorite Horse Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my horse, but there is a driving mini out there named, Dude Where's My Cart. I think that is great!

Leeana, I like the sound of Narko Polo too!

As for horses I own, a couple of my favorites are:

Fiddlestix Princess Dye (a loud pinto)

Strasslein Mardi Gras Up Til Dawn

Strasslein Pearl of Great Price (there's a story with this one)

Out the Horses I currently own My Favorite Names are:

Dutchmans Ray of Hope (He's Deceased but I LOVE his name and there is also a Story behind it) - aka: Rope

MMMTC Unexpected Ice Storm (Great Story behind his name) - aka: Allure

Desert Realms Rayon De Soleil (French for Ray of Sunshine) - aka: Sunny

SMR Turbo (Also Deceased) - aka: Turbo

Creams Foxy Lady - aka: Foxy

Occasionally we do it right and give a horse a name that really fits them.

I think Rock Rivers Rooster was an especially good one--no matter how many times other people tell me he acts like a gelding in the ring, he always turns it on at home and has been chasing the mares around ever since he learned how to use his legs, plus it sounds really good on the overheads.

And this year's filly, Rock Rivers Lola Vavoom, puts on a show worthy of her over-the-top name.

I still think Rock Rivers Carolus Magnus (the Latin name for Charles the Great) which some of our Arab friends helped us pick sounds regal, but we just call him "Charlie" on the farm.
default_rolleyes.gif

My favorite nickname is probably Chiquita's. She's the smallest horse on the farm but looks like a chocolate brick and plows through anyone and anything in her way...hence "The Tank."

I don't have any mini names, but we named a QH filly Maker Taker Time. Her dam was by a stallion named Iron Maker and she was pleasure bred so definitely needed to take her time.

Then there was one named Bikinis and martinis. Thought it was funny.

I also heard there was one that had boogie in their bloodlines along with Flicka, so the breeder named the foal Flicka Boogie.

Our 2nd filly Zuni, barn name was turned into ZuniToons cause she is quite the comedian.

Her registered name is Que Sera Sera..... as we were hoping she was a colt instead

of another filly.

I always had this name in the back of my head if I ever had a registered horse, which I probably won't, Remington Steele My Heart and Remi for a barn name. Wish I could use it.

I have a long list too.

One of my favorites is Austin Tatious.

Sagebrush Tamales Full Throttle - colt was up and running from the second his front feet hit the ground

Sagebrush Feathers High Octane - mare wasn't supposed to be bred so we joked she had a bad case of gas. His barn name is Diesel

Don't Tell Momma

Sonofasonofasailor

Nautical Dreamer

I have finally decided on a registered name for my rescued mare Sahara---MJS Mystique in Motion(she is a very nice mover!)

I did send in a DNA sample to UC Davis and if they don't find a match I will "hardship" her World Class and probably change her barn name to Misty.
default_yes.gif

My husband's driving mini is Cruise Control
default_smile.png

I "rescued" a full size horse on impulse, his name is Impulsive Decision

Hubby got me my first mini donk for Christmas, but it was early. We named him Earl (after the show My Name is Earl). So I registered him as CheyAuts Earl E Gift ;)

My mare, Landrys Cowboys Diamonds & Rubys, had a filly this year, and I named her CheyAuts Cowboy Diamond Solitaire
default_smile.png

Another of my mares had a filly, too, and she is EXACTLY what I wanted, just perfect. Filly's sire is Late Attraction by Cochise. Filly is CheyAuts Perfect Attraction
default_smile.png

Those are just some of my favorites...

Jessi

My Favorite names are D&S Mack The Knife

D&S Run Around Sue

Filipowicz That's All Foulks

Filipowicz That's High Society

I have several that have unusual names. All have our prefix but I always get questioned about Trouble. Used to take him to nursing homes and when some of the older fellas would ask his name, I would say he was named after them--Trouble. I also have a George. It was a big year about 10 years ago and we had something like 18 foals and I was the only person coming up with names. He was the last of the year and I was trying to find a name for him and I just said "If someone doesn't give this boy a name, I am going to call him George." Well, George he is and he now lives with my girlfriend and she takes him to nursing homes, day cares and anywhere she wants.

Lastly, we have Fancy Firecracker. He is a beautiful horse--Fancy, but he was standing quietly one day and just seemed to explode on my hubby and jumped on him hitting him in the face and scaring the bejeebers out of all of us. The worst part is that he already had his name. He now has a great home where he is doing well.

I have two name's picked out so far when my foal is born in 2009,

If its a filly ( Desert moon's I'm a Cats Meow)

and a Colt ( Desert moon's Mystical color ) That's if they are available.

I use to have Quarter horse name I'm a cats meow

Where I was riding they had a quarter horse named Jealous of My Genes and another one Spin There Dun It.

another that was funny was the thoroughbred racehorse named Hoofhearted. Imagine an announcer saying his name during the race...
default_biggrin.png
default_new_rofl.gif

Wards Creek Here Comes Trouble aka Trouble. He is such a people horse and when he was baby if you were doing anything he had to be in the big middle of everything and I would say Here Comes Trouble so he named himself.

I had a paint filly by Brokers Paycheck out of a Street Legal mare I named Legally Broke.

My Corgi is registered as I Emma Dawg aka Emma.

I breed for pinto and got a solid black filly which I named Ebony No Ivory

TJM OBsessed with Silver

TrueJoy Taken for Granite

TrueJoy Spots Illustrated

Latest posts

Back