Some Of Your FAVORITE Registered Names

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I know we've done this before but I think it's fun. What are some of your favorite registered names? Not your favorite horses, but the names you like the sounds of best?

Here are some of mine:

• Erica's Big City Bomb Shell
  • Erica's Big City Blue By U
  • Erica's Gone and DunIT
  • Erica's Double Dipped
  • Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold
  • Triple H Buckin Khaki
  • Triple H Derby Day Miracle
  • Harrells Flirting With Perfection
AND, I've been having a blast coming up with names to use on foals in the future
default_smile.png

[SIZE=12pt]How about you folks? What are some of the names for your horses that you like the most?[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my stallion NICk's name is pretty cool......"GLADIATOR" and I also like the name "NICK" which is his barn name I gave him

I also like the name Knight Star, but I don't own him anymore

And Dirty Holly suits Holly very well

then of course there is a matter of little IMAGINESHEBOOMIE sitting out there

I named her after a sinking luxury ship I saw in a movie where they kidnapped these women and murdered the husbands....
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Here are a few of mine ...

Impressive Lights

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko & Westwind BTU Crown Prince Stetson & Westwind BTU Crown Prince Flyte

Royal Salsa

Alpha Farms Magical Melody

I like of the name we have used for our 07' Buckskin pinto colt best

named by my husband

"Eagles Ring Axelrod" we call him Axel

I like the names we have choosen.

KAVELBEL

" "Victoria Two Four

" " Moonshadow Number Five

" " Love Potion Number Nine

" " Ivy Jean Thirteen ( Ive Jean was my mothers name )

The number at the end of each name, is our foal count
default_yes.gif
we are at 13 foals born here.

[SIZE=12pt]One of my favorite was the name I gave one of my first foals years ago. She was a Rowdy grand daughter and my ranch name is Vali Mini Ranch so I called her;[/SIZE]

Vali Mini Ranch I'ma Rowdy Vali Girl
default_biggrin.png

Joy

Oh I like Standing Ovation and Painted Breeze too

We have had fun with two of our stallions and their names the first is Erica's Smoke Rings in the Dark,

two of his offspring Mini h Burning Ring of Fire- we call her Flame

and Mini h Shadows in the Dark

our other stallion is Howdy's Smokin' Gun

offspring- Smokin' Colt Pistol

Mini h Smokin' Trigger

others-

Mini h Full Lunar Eclipse-his Mom had very rich milk so he earned the name Sherman for looking like a sherman tank, after he was weaned he slimmed right on up.

Mini h Midnight Renegade-called him Gader

ROKO Lotto Class By Design (named after her granddam Classy Girl)

ROKO Victory SKR Rising Star She had a star on her side.

ROKO Victory SKR Sassafrass T (named because when I was 3-4 and I had to walk down town with my mom, an old man used to come down his walk to talk to me as we went by. He was delightful! He always asked me if I wated some sassafrass tea.)

My favorite of all my own foals was a palomino leopard appy colt we had quite a few years back who is now doing CDE and ADS in CA

his name is

Ruff N Tuffs Cool Jerk

and I like Ravens name for her filly this year

Rainbow Rocks I'll MakeYa Famous

I wont give it away but here Sundance LB has a wonderful name for a 07 colt and all in honor of the wonderful Mark Bullington
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif
default_laugh.png

Well guess I like the ones ahead of me have a few favorite names I have used in the past . My most faviorite name is

Cross Country One Mans Opinion !!!

( I was so hoping the people that got him would have shown him so when the announcer called his name ,, !!!
default_yes.gif
)

Cross Country Call Me Sir
default_wub.png

Cross Country Take My Breath Away ( Taker)

and there are many more but those just stand out today for me..
default_wink.png

I like the registered name of my mini shetland KS Just T oFancy. You can get quite a few foal names from her.

I also like Little Kings Buckeroo Baccarra,

S & T Apache Belle,

Rhapsody's Latin Tango,

And Bar- G's Rock "E" Paper Lace.

Amanda

My favorite has to be my colt that I helped name this year . Oatmeal Acres 2 Mini Bucks Blu By U

He has double Buck breeding and is what happens to your pocket book after you get into mini's ! (Too many bucks blew by you ! )
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
ROLLING RIDGE RUM RUNNER
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

AKA Fred

I think Kathy was definately drinking when she named some of the horses but I like Freds real name.

My old app I had was Sunshine Charle and the app I raised was Trial by Fire [and he was].

The worst name belonged to a horse owned by a girl I worked with. The horse's barn name was Sable [which is a nice name] but she was a registered thoroughbred and we wanted to know what her registered name was. Well we finally caught her in a weak moment and she spilled the beans but I'll tell you I'd stick with the barn name on this one. Her registered name was Miss Erotica
default_wub.png

Relic

Turkee

Scrapper

Clunker

Doghouse

DotCom

Well, of the horses I own, I actually like all the names I've put on my foals....if I didn't like them I wouldn't have used them....I think my all time favorite was maybe Cedar Plains Sierra, which was a Morgan filly we raised, and now I think maybe the name Cedar Plains Serenade (Mini filly) is a close second to Sierra. Actually I like a lot of the "S" names with Cedar Plains, it just seems to have the right sound to it.

I have a list of names that I keep for possible use when naming foals. On that list is the name "Buck Squeaky"...we were goofing around here one time coming up with silly names, and my mom came up with that one. Silly or not I thought it was kind of catchy & added it to the list. I figure it would have to be a small buckskin, preferably of Buckeroo breeding--and since we won't be raising any tiny buckskins it's a name that will likely never be used here. Too bad, as Cedar Plains Buck Squeaky is kind of cute, I think.
default_biggrin.png

I think the name I like the least of our horses is Tallahassee Lassie (kind of sounds like a southern hooker to me?). But then her mother is out of Memphis Queen, which sounds like a riverboat! In keeping with the southern theme of her name I named one of her fillies Southern Belle, and another one is Frosty Lass. I sometimes call Lass "Little Lass" and of course you know what that sounds like if you say it fast....
default_wacko.png

Long Shots Dotz a Diva, (Diva) and Long Shots Texas Tornado, (Twister) and Long Shots Little Moto Psycho, (Harley) are three of my favorites that we have named.

As for names being offensive...I agree. I see a lot of the "Buck" horses with names that I certainly wouldn't want on my foal's papers...as much as I love the horses which carry the names. (eg: Buck-off, Buckin...) I just don't feel that inuendo is neccessary.
default_sad.png

One of my favorite names is Irish Hills Gracie Lou .... Freebush was left off. For those of you saying that sounds familiar, it's from the movie Ms. Congeniality.

I have plans on naming a gelding Irish Hills Great Balls of Fire. hehehe Yes, evil I know but funny none the less.
default_yes.gif

Oh and I named a colt Irish Hills Buck N Arrogant. The name totally fit that arrogant little guy.

I have another name or two I plan on using for colts, but at this time I do not wish to share them.
default_biggrin.png

As for names being offensive...I agree. I see a lot of the "Buck" horses with names that I certainly wouldn't want on my foal's papers...as much as I love the horses which carry the names. (eg: Buck-off, Buckin...) I just don't feel that inuendo is neccessary.
default_sad.png
You won't be impressed then with one of the names I am just itching to use on a foal!!!
default_biggrin.png

My current horse's name....PMM Little ZZ Top !

Of the foals I've named...L Bar B Talents Tennessee Romance (now owned by Angela on the forum)!

I'm one of the people who LIKES the "Buck" names people come up with....
default_laugh.png

My favorite name so far is Gunsmoke'N Roses aka Axel (Play off of Guns N' Roses, but kept part of his daddy's name)

Can't wait until next foaling season, been playing around with names
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back