Sillouette is gone too

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
f2d671c4.jpg
[SIZE=14pt]I just came in from putting Sillouette down. She had a hole in her uterus. When we flushed her today all the fluid went into her abdomen. I have now lost two mares and two fillies in as many months.[/SIZE]

My husband wants me to get out of horses all together... In 30 years we have not had anything like this year before..... I am seriously considering it.

Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers. Keep them coming so that I can get at least one foal out of my remaining two mares this year. I am not usually a doom and gloom person but, this has been a horrible spring for us.

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh NO Lyn! I don't have the words to say. I'm so sorry for your losses this year. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers for peace for you and successful foals for the remaining two.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Oh Lyn, I am sooooo very sorry!! I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling!! After 30 years of breeding horses, maybe this is the "norm" to have a few losses, but sadly, for some reason your bad luck is all showing up in one year, which makes it even worse. I am so sorry. ((((((HUGS))))))

My dear God, how absolutely awful Lyn. You have my deepest sympathy on this horrible loss. Only time and God and your heart can tell you if this is something you can and should continue to do. You're in my prayers.

I am so sorry for all of your losses. I know the pain of losing one mare and her foal, but to lose all four so close together must seem unbearable. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Lyn so sorry for your loss will keep you in our prayers.I no how you feel we had to put down our favorite mare Glory in March and still miss her so. Take Care Frannie

[SIZE=36pt]Lyn,[/SIZE]

My heartfelt condolences - I know for most breeders this is one of their worst nightmares come true - I am so sorry that you lost your beloved mare.

Stacy

Lyn,

I am so sorry to hear about your mare, I don`t have any words that would help, but my prayers are with you.. I want to say that i really appreicate you allowing me to purchase my Rose from you, and the chance to become a mini lover as well. She is the apple of my eye, And i have you to thank for that... I wish you the best of luck with your remaining mares.....

Tina

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]Lyn...[/SIZE]

I am so sorry to hear about your mare.. It is SO HARD to lose our beloved horses.. my thoughts and prayers are with you...

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

lyn i am just in shock!!! I so wish I could do something to ease your pain. Please dont make any long term decisions now as you are just hurting too much right now. I know how much these horses mean to you and dont want to see you make a decision you will regret later. I had the same feelings last year after losing so many foals but with some time healed from it. Im praying so hard that your other foals and easy textbook deliveries

OMG Lyn, I am SO sorry. How absolutely horrible for you. Please don't make any rash decisions at this time, your grief is too strong to make any life-altering decisions right now. My heart is breaking for you...

Oh my gosh! I am so sad for you right now, I can't even express it! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope so very much that you have a better rest of the year and that you make the right decision about whether or not to stay in the buisness. Just know that you have done so much for all of us and have taught many things to many people.

Oh Lyn!!! :no:
default_crybaby.gif
:

I don't know how to make it better other to say we are thinking and praying about you!!!
default_pray.gif
:

{{{Lots of hugs}}}!

Oh Lynn, noooo. I've been following and I felt my heart break when I read the title. No words, just hugs. Lots and lots of hugs.

What a horrid time for you we are both sad this morning and so sorry for your losses.

OMG Lyn - I can't believe that this has happened. Losing the foal was bad enough but now losing Silhouette as well. I know that nothing I can say will make your pain go away - but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
default_wub.png
:

Oh Lyn, I am filled with sorrow for you and your beautiful little animals.
default_crybaby.gif
: I can't even believe it!!! Breeding minis is filled with danger it seems to me. That is why I have chosen not to breed for the moment. Last year's tragedy was enough to put me off from it, I just can't do it! Your experiences and those of others on this board confirm it for me!

Sending many big (((((HUGS))))) your way, you will be in my thoughts.

lyn, saying I'm sorry feels so utterly inadequate...I am devastated over the mares and fillies you've lost and the pain you're going through.

I agree about waiting before you make any decision. I know that Barry is speaking out of love and concern for you, and no doubt he, too, is hurting over Silhouette and her foal, since he was there. But the pain in keeping any animal is balanced by the love. Whether or not you breed, your horses are healing influences on your life, and you need that.

Please take care, surround yourself in the love of your family (human and furry), and know that we are all here for you.

susanne

Latest posts

Back