Shasta@ Hidden Pond Farm new pics pg 18 post 171

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you taken any new pics of her today? It would be great to show the newbies what to look for
default_thumbup.gif

Safe foaling
default_pray.gif

there was no changes in the looks of her, its behavior changes and I can't take pics of that, Sorry
default_smile.png

2.12am She was flat out with her head resting on the wall, now sternal. Looking quiet though.

2.50am she was eating her her but she has stopped for a quick rub of her booty

it wasn't at 6.2 I said it was between 6.8 and 6.2 by the color. She definitely didn't read the book

5.53pm and all quiet but lots of yawning going on! Perhaps she is just tired after her day out in the field? Or perhaps not??

well she was up and down a lot yesterday evening, and last night, but nothing came of it, well I am hoping she's getting little one in position to show us what she's been hiding.

Not much change in her bag wise etc, but I did get this picture of her belly this morning... I think baby is riding low today
default_smile.png

2012-04-16_08-30-57_974.jpg

I bought pool strips from Lowes, it does Ph, Ca and others says no mixing, I put a small amount like a . I had searched the internet and found that others had used these with their mares with good results so i bought them. After doing some further testing this morning (using other things) I think she's still in the 6.8-7 range I think I read it wrong... its all good though, I'm human I admit to being wrong. The way she was behaving the other day she did look like she was going to go, pacing, mushy poo every couple of minutes, there was nothing going on outside to excite her, she did everything but lay down and push lol. Since then there has been a lot of butt rubbing, and she was up and down a whole lot last night. And her belly is a lot lower today.

Yes I agree she was very restless and judging by how her tummy has changed I bet baby turning round is what upset her, she was probably uncomfy. Lots of people on here use pool strips and are happy with them but they are quite hard to read as you have found. Diane and I need simple
default_smile.png

I did post a belly pic from this morning but the sun was the wrong direction, let me see if I can get another one

Yep, it's gone! It will come back when she is ready but I know how frustrating it is
default_sad.png

its the first time its gone down any in a week ... mares.... UGH I do wonder something though... when I got her the foal was just taken away from her, like that morning, she would bite her bag I am guessing to release the pressure. I am wonder if she isn't doing that now, if it gets too full......

Thanks for the pics, I personally still think she has a way to go yet, as long as she foals safely we can wait a little longer
default_thumbup.gif

the oddness of her bag yesterday had me wondering what was going on, I hadn't had one that went from complete flab, to fairly full like that when it hadn't been changing much for days.

morning pics, bag feels wider and its firmer than it was last night, maybe this is the final fill. her muscles on the sides of her tail are so loose they jiggle like jello... If there's changes I'll take pics in the middle of the day like I did yesterday, otherwise we'll see what she looks like tonight ;)

belly

2012-04-17_08-03-17_269.jpg

bag

2012-04-17_08-02-21_994.jpg

2012-04-17_08-02-30_965.jpg

2012-04-17_08-02-50_699.jpg

woohaa

2012-04-17_08-02-59_254.jpg

Come on , Shasta. I thought you would have foaled by now!

Latest posts

Back