Shasta@ Hidden Pond Farm new pics pg 18 post 171

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetiki

Reaction score
Shasta is a tall mini at 37.5 by mini measures, I got her off Craigslist last August. We love her. Wish they hadn't lost her papers but oh well. She's a great girl and we love her. We do not have a due date, as of August 3rd we were told the foal there was 4 months old and was being weaned. So we brought her home. She was skinny then, she's not now. I can't wait to see this baby. I'm excited, but is a long wait. We had her ultrasounded in late September, vet guessed March for a due date, but here we are the 1st of April and no baby, so we wait until she decides when to foal. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

http://www.marestare...lias=hiddenpond

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Would love some photos like Diane has said
default_yes.gif

I have set up a thread that has a list I keep updated of all the mares on cam and have added Shasta to that list.
default_thumbup.gif
It is the very first Thread on this board.

I don't do whohoo pics, but I have the others. She's a sweet girl. I hope these pictures work.

2012-03-15_16-11-42_876.jpg
From 3/15

2012-04-01_21-00-12_205.jpg
Tonight Side view

2012-04-01_14-38-36_974.jpg
This morning

2012-04-01_21-00-32_157.jpg
Tonight

Hello and Welcome
default_saludando.gif
Shasta sure is pretty, thanks for sharing some photos with us
default_thumbup.gif

6.00am and all is quiet so I guess we are another day closer
default_yes.gif

She's decided to really get a move on with her bag in the last couple of days, its really sticky this morning, but clear

2012-04-02_07-58-13_599.jpg
Side view this morning

2012-04-02_07-58-48_327.jpg
bag this morning

2012-04-02_08-00-29_393.jpg
this morning

WOW She is progressing wonderfully, as Diane said baby looks to be back still but this could change fast. Keep the pics coming so we can see her progress
default_thumbup.gif

Hi Karen and welcome to you and Shasta - what a pretty mare!
default_yes.gif

I have a feeling that she is going to foal before we get to know her and you very well LOL!! But great to have you here.

I think she could go at any time, especially as she has foaled before, but if she's following the book (LOL!! do they ever!) then I agree with the others and think we will be waiting a few more days yet.

Who is the sire, did the folks you got her from tell you? Also did you see her last foal when you collected her - just interested in possible colouring if she's in foal to the same stallion.

The pictures are great - keep them coming please.
default_yes.gif

Sire was approximately 30" silver dapple, the foal that was there was a combo of the 2 and the colt was really nice looking colt. He had an outstanding head on him, too bad foal will be unregistered. She's been on Marestare for a while, I'm just slow in getting her up here
default_smile.png
She does like to sleep flat out on her side, and she does lay down fast, like take 2 steps and drop, and she will run in her sleep, just so you have an idea whats normal for her, you blink and she's on the ground lol. Silly mare. I will get more pictures this evening when she comes in from outside

Previous foal was silver bay, with no visible appy characteristics at the time I saw him.

2011-08-04_15-21-33_774.jpg
This is Shasta the day we brought her home. her coloring hides her ribs and spine so they don't look as bad as they felt

Karen

Awe bless her, you have done a great job with her to get her looking as good as she does today, especially as she's in foal

She is such a lovely mare and it sounds as though this foal should be something special too.
default_yes.gif

Thanks, its has cost me a bundle in feed, but I promised her when I got her home she'd never look like that again. She gets the best quality feed I can buy, Triple Crown complete, and Alfalfa/Orchard hay. I can't wait to see this baby.
default_smile.png

So glad you got Shasta! She's lovely! Can't wait to see your foal, too. I, like many others here, love the appy spots. And your mare's udder looks nearly ready!

3.50am and the cam won't come up for me! Anyone else having trouble or is it just my computer/connection?

Hope everything is ok?

Latest posts

Back