Shasta@ Hidden Pond Farm new pics pg 18 post 171

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's resting up for the big event lol silly mare, she isn't eating her hay though, she's had that hay since noon, and its 11:30pm right now. She's normally an equine vaccuum

4.30am and she is awake, normally she is fast asleep at this time of night.

No baby yet
default_sad.png
oh well in due time Thanks for watching her
default_smile.png
She hoovered her breakfast and will be going out shortly.

Morning pIcs

2012-04-09_09-09-16_303.jpg

2012-04-09_09-09-28_170.jpg

2012-04-09_09-09-54_553.jpg

2012-04-09_09-09-46_368.jpg

Still think she will go another day or two - not that I'd take my eyes off her just in case, but it looks as though baby needs to move forward a little to be in the optimum birthing position, plus the very ends of her teats could fill up. But of course this could all happen in a few hours rather than a couple of days!!
default_yes.gif

nipples are filled in, bag is hot and hard tonight, woohaa is more swollen than its ever been, and she has been booty rubbing off and on all day long, my poor fence lol. I think we are finally getting somewhere lol There was a tiny bit wax on one teat. Can't be much longer now
default_smile.png

Am watching her cam when I can and keeping my fingers crossed for you. She's munching her hay right now - as usual!!

I took pics with my phone and my phone ate them.... I will take the regular camera out there in a little while. last night pics and this mornings pics were eaten by the phone
default_sad.png
Its about to finds its way under a truck....

100_0394.jpg

100_0393.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0392.jpg

I took these tonight with my regular digital cam. I tested her milk again tonight just for giggles and she changed 4 squares instantly and 15-20 seconds for the 5th square to change. Its thick like honey, if I didn't know better I would have thought I spilled honey on me.

This girl sure has me confused cos I would not have thought that she was close to foaling judging by her tummy, hooha and udder
default_frusty.gif
These minis sure like to keep us on our toes
default_thud.gif

Ok, bought some pool test strips, and according to those, her ph is 6.8 and calcium is 1000 for what thats worth, but I have evening pics and I think we have WAX!!!

100_0400.jpg

100_0401.jpg

100_0406.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_0403.jpg

Morning update: No udder change this morning, no more wax than was there last night, ph between 6.8 and 6.2 and she's really cranky. she didn't eat all of her hay last night, and there's not mushy, but small poops every where.

She certainly is a strange one bless her!! Her tummy doesn't look quite ready, but her teats do look filled, yet her actual udder could fill a bit more. Incidently mares often get a small 'spot' of wax like substance on the ends of their teats towards the end of their pregnancy, but it is not the 'proper' wax. But add to that the fact that her ph has dropped and I think I would be watching her like a hawk!!!

Good luck, am crossing my fingers for a safe foaling - maybe tonight.
default_yes.gif

ps. 12.10pm and she's standing snoozing - normally when I check on her throughout the day, she is grazing????

hhmmm she sure is a confusing girl, Looking at her tummy and udder I would say she still has a way to go, now that you have the strips it will give us a better idea. She sure is cute and I love watching her, thanks for letting us into your barn to share this adventure
default_thumbup.gif

well ph is between 6.8 and 6.2 as it was this morning. She's super cranky, tried to attack a canadian goose through the fence today, and just wanted to be alone, she's been doing some minor pacing, she'll stand there for a bit, then walk a lap, stand for a bit and walk again. I do have tonights pics

100_0428.jpg

100_0413.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0424.jpg

We are looking good for a baby soon, lots of mushy poo, pacing, she's warm to the touch, I think we are good to go... I probably won't get back to the board before she goes.
default_smile.png
default_new_multi.gif

Prayers for a safe and healthy foaling!

Back