Shasta@ Hidden Pond Farm new pics pg 18 post 171

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man I wish I could view the cam from my iPhone, but apparently it won't support the video streaming
default_sad.png

I've been watching your thread, and I have to say your mare is beautiful!! I can't wait to see what she has in that big belly!

Wish I could help keep a watch on her!
Ben you can download "Skyfire" to iphones and this will let you watch the cams.

2.05am and she is looking restless

Holy cow! that was fast, she just went down and pushed him out. It took her 3 minutes
default_new_shocked.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Karen on your new colt

default_risa8.gif

Congrats on your new colt.

I have just been watching him trying to get up on his spindles so cute. Mom looks to be madly in love with her new boy.

And love his face white and spotty bum

Oh Karen MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Off course I missed it - off doing my chips, checked Shasta before I went and straight back here when I got back and there he was!!

Tuned in just in time to see him trying to get under her tummy to get from one side to the other - or was it an overshoot from a milk bar search? They are such fun and entertainment arn't they. LOL!!

Awww I missed it. I fell asleep about 1 lastnight trying to wait for her.such a cutie, I cant wait to see a pic of all these spots! Congratulations!

Oh what a super little chap!
default_thumbup.gif

Has something happened to your weather - a short while ago it was all sunshine and I think you said that Shasta was loving the fan over her stall??

Wow. Congrats he's adorable! I've looked through all your pictures of her progress and they've been VERY helpful.
default_smile.png

Our weather has turned cold and super windy, little man is shivering so I dropped the outside window until it warms up again

Glad my pictures could help
default_smile.png

Can I ask what you are doing in her stall - been watching you working away with loads of sand/sawdust or somethig similar (not clear on cam I'm afraid!). Now you have a huge cover over it. It all looks very professional, so I was just wondering what you were doing -- and where have Shasta and her beautiful son disappeared to??

I about hurt myself and Zippy almost fell on his face in a hole in the corner by the door. So I brought in rock dust/ stone dust and leveled the floor, then I put a woven geotextile fabric like they use in plant nurseries over top of that and used the 1x4 pieces of wood to hold it all together on the wall. it works like a giant self draining stall mat, that is all one piece. Was a lot of work, and I was really mad that I bought a 10ft piece instead of 12ft as I was 2ft short, but I made it work and its all nice and mostly level and its really nice to walk on.

100_0624.jpg

100_0618.jpg

100_0633.jpg

Zippy tonight is on the high end of normal temp, if any one has time and is awake could you take a peek and check on him? I am hoping its just his termostat isn't working quite right and it will straighten itself out but concerned it could be more. Will call the vet in the morning if its still up, but I don't think it warrants a vet tonight. Supposed to be about 40 tonight so he has his jammies on.

Thanks

3.15am and they are both down resting quietly. Maybe Zippy is having trouble with all the changes in your temperatures there. Small babies cant adjust themselves until they are two or three weeks old as I understand it. Hope that is the reason.

What a great idea for your stall surface - very comfortable too I would imagine!
default_yes.gif

thats what I am hoping
default_smile.png
but keeping an eye on him these little ones can go downhill quick. Thanks for Checking on him.

Latest posts

Back