Same Sex Marriage / Same Sex Unions (POLL)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When It Comes To Same Sex Marriages and/or Same Sex Unions, what I feel comfortable with is best ref

• I favor the ability for people to have same sex marriages.

Votes: 42 61.8%
  • I favor same sex unions, with all the legal rights granted to married couples, but am not comfortabl

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • I oppose same sex marriages and / or same sex unions.

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • I oppose all forms of homosexual relationships, including co-habitation

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • I have no strong opinion on the subject

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought this would be an interesting poll and topic. The votes are anonymous, unless you wish to share yours.

I'm comfortable revealing that my vote was the first choice. I do support equal marriage opportunities for all committed couples
default_yes.gif

Personally, I put off getting married for the longest time despite the fact that I've been with my soul mate for more than 25 years now. For a long time, I didn't think it mattered if we were married or not. Once we did get married, I was surprised that the state of being married really DID mean a lot to me (emotionally) after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, voted for the first choice. For me, the value that I place on Keith's and my marriage strengthens my belief that gays and lesbians should also have this right. I don't understand those who feel it threatens heterosexual marriage -- if anything, heterosexuals are the ones doing that.

Voted for number one. I have never understood the opposition to it - it will not affect heterosexual marriages or relationships.... amd I must say I am a bit saddened by those who oppose any gay relationships - and thus, anyone who is gay or lesbian. This world needs a lot more love in it - and who am I to dictate who can or can not enjoy that...

Last edited by a moderator:
First choice for me too. Love and acceptance for all
default_smile.png

Clearly I vote for #1 as I would like to be married before I die. I'm tired of the 'Oh you are engaged? When's the wedding?' 'Never.' conversation, over and over.

Shoot, look at the other thread and all the "tolerance" offered to those who sincerely don't approve of gay marriage. I'm one who DOES support equal marriage rights, but I can sure understand why those who have a different opinion on the topic wouldn't feel like opening up and sharing with LB.

One thing I got from that other thread is those who support same sex marriages feel that just because someone else does not, that person is filled with hate. There are going to be people who oppose it and it's usually due to their religious beliefs....however that doesn't mean that those who oppose are filled with hate or ill will to same sex couples....but to read that thread you would think so....cult, hatred, pig headed where just some of the words used to describe those that oppose.

Jill, I was asking since they voted in the poll. I don't really care for their opinion anyway....so no biggie
default_smile.png

Shoot, look at the other thread and all the "tolerance" offered to those who sincerely don't approve of gay marriage. I'm one who DOES support equal marriage rights, but I can sure understand why those who have a different opinion on the topic wouldn't feel like opening up and sharing with LB.
Hi friend Jill. Just wanted to pay you a compliment.
default_pantiesbig.gif
You wear them well!

You and I are in agreement on things most of the time. Not always (obviously), but your opinion is never masked and your matter of fact attitude is admirable. If somebody were to ask me "Where's Jill?" I would reply "Well, I looked on the fence, and she is sure not there."

You made it plain that votes could be anonymous. Commenting was optional. I am surprised that more people are not voting and just keeping their opinions to themselves. A POLL is an opportunity to share your belief on something. Yours was even set up to include those with no opinion.

I did not intend to sound like comments about the people who voted and did not comment bothered me because they did not. To be quiet honest I had a mental picture of somebody looking at the topic as a Pandora's box not to be opened. And then I pictured somebody with religious beliefs not daring to look because they might be turned into a pillar of salt.
default_nono.gif

Voted #1 here... I believe everyone deserves to be happy and have the same rights!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back