Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boys must have loved it!! Nothing nicer than a friendly foal -- so good for the "innards" !!

Hope Sadie gets feeling better very soon.

What a gorgeous baby!! Don't forget to post her in the album!!

Last edited:
Glad she is doing better, Ginny's backside was TERRIBLE! She had two pretty significant tears, she was almost black on the backside from bruising, all is better now, it took about a week! Love your pictures with the little ones, what a sweet addition to your family. Though the pregnancy completely stressed me out, it was worth every sleepless night! I can wait to see more pictures of little Chloe! Congrats again!

Val

Diane, thanks for reminding me about the foal album, I totally forgot!

Val, I'm glad Ginny is feeling better. And thanks for letting me know how long it took for her to heal. It gives me peace of mind.

I'm trying to get the video of Chloe and Sadie outside online. I hope to have it up by tomorrow.

Oh she is such a cute gorgeous little poppet!! Weather permitting, I wouldn't restrict their outside time - Chloe needs it to build up the strength in her bones and to expand her lungs, also it will keep her digestive system running perfectly. Sadie will follow her around to start with, perfectly natural they all do it, but she will soon settle down and get to grazing, leaving her little daugher to take all the exercise she needs.
default_yes.gif

Love the pictures with your little boys too!

Oh thank you for the pictures and video! She is a little beauty! I love it when babies run around the first time outside. Missy usually has a heart attack so I make sure there is no other horse nearby. She is a doll and Cloe is a perfect name, congrats!

What a little darling
default_smile.png
Thanks for sharing the video Viola
default_thumbup.gif
It is normal for the mares to stress over the babies when they are outside for the first times so don't worry just try to leave them out as much as possible so Chloe learns to stay by Sadie.

So cute!! I love your boys in the background... all the questions... reminds me of mine!!! LOL

Chloe had some diarrhea this morning. It gave me a scare as she is so young. It's not due to the foal heat. I kept a close eye on her and cleaned her up (thanks for the diaper wipe tip, Diana). Thankfully, she hasn't had any issues since.

I had no idea newborns were so wild so quick! She's so surefooted. She acts like a one month old foal- bucking, kicking, flying around the pen playing hide-and-go-seek from mommy around tall stumps (which really stresses Sadie out), being independent, and nibbling everything! I'm going to have to be careful with this one as she is a spitfire... Sadie has a hard time keeping up with her.

Pictures in my mind!!!! She's sounds like quite the little one!! We'll be happy to see some more photos when you get a chance!!

945114_10201303070524722_1250374569_n.jpg

Don't worry! The dog, Echo, isn't actually chasing Chloe. Echo adores her, but still doesn't know exactly what she is! I haven't been able to let Sadie and Chloe out more (I've only been able to do it twice), because Chloe will NOT stay with momma! She'll run back to her if she gets scared, but she prefers to check everything out. This REALLY makes Sadie upset. Soooo, instead, i've been working on halter breaking. After spending all day trying to make a stupid rope halter for her, I finally ditched the "how to" and went to "what will work". I made one in 5 minutes that does work. I wished I had a smaller rope as the knots are quite big for something so tiny. Chloe hates it. We've been working on it at about one minute at a time. I've been using my hands on the back of her head and on her nose while standing beside her which has been working, but I don't have a hand free to encourage her forward that way. She still forgives me when we're done as she CANNOT resist a rub down. She especially loves to put her head over the crook of my elbow and step into me so that she is totally in my arms. She lets me rest my head on her and everything. If I let go, she steps sideways into me again. I've been using it to my advantage by squeezing her like a saddle would so that she will accept that in time too. She'll be too small fro riding, but not packing a light pack. I've got plans for this baby! Showing, being spoiled to death, hiking in the mountains, driving to the mailbox, long walks on the beach...

Funny the things does NOT think about when breeding: I now need another stall and pasture. Thank heavens I got the acreage for it. I've always planned on a real barn, but it was only going to have two stalls in it. Looks like I'm going to have to go bigger (yeah!). We almost did a barn this year and last, but it never felt time. I'm glad I didn't as we decided to put it in another spot than we have cleared for it. It will work out better and I'll have the barn size that I really need.

Latest posts

Back