Sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry to hear of your loss. We recently had to go through the process of seeing our Rosetta deteriorate rapidly. It is not something I ever want to see again. You did the right thing. The best of all is that you were there and made that little one feel special and loved while it was here. Do not second guess yourself. You did the right thing.

default_bye-sad.gif
: I am so sorry for you loss.

You all will be in our prayers.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

So sorry for your loss. Sometimes you have to love an animal enough to let it go......those that have had to make that hard decision know what pain you go through to love something. You heart made the right decision.

Oh, Laura, I'm sorry.

I know for sure you knew when the situation was without reward in all that effort and pain, and did what you could for him.

Kudos for trying so hard, and caring so much.

My thoughts are with you all.

Liz M.

As hard as it is to say, you did the right thing. The poor thing's better off now. Sorry about your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so very sorry, Laura. It sounds like he wasn't meant to make it, poor thing. Very difficult all around. How is Mia taking it? {{{{hugs}}}

I feel kinda like an echo saying this but please don't second guess yourself, you did the right thing and I am so sorry that you all had to go through it, sometimes mama just knows, we had that same thing happen with a goat years back... my daughter named "her" goat Angel because she became one so soon...

prayers going out to all of you and especially Mia, it's so hard for the little ones to understand...

So sorry to hear that you lost the little colt. HUGS for everyone.... You did the right thing, Laura!

Gosh Laura, no one here would ever question you doing the right thing. If you felt it was right, well then it was right.

I am so sorry for your loss.

[SIZE=12pt]So far Mia seems to be handling better than Steve and I. She has grown up with life and death of animals being a normal part of life. That actually bothers me a bit, but she's a farm kid and farm kids usually see birth and death as natural and normal. When I told her his morning she was sad, but then said that we will have other babies this year who will be OK right? I said yes, just like other years and she was OK. She saw a C-section at about 3 and said "that baby is dead right?". When we said yes, but that it sometimes happens and the Mommy would be OK, she said "oh, that so sad" and went on watching the surgery and playing up and down the aisle at the Vet's. She's quite philosophical about death.[/SIZE]

I am so sorry for your loss.I know it was a difficult decision to make(been there-done that)Sometimes animal moms can sense something we human moms can't see or don't know.I have had bitches who would push a pup out of the nest no matter how many times I put it back.After it died I would have it posted at the vet only to find that there was an internal problem which caused its death.And they call them"DUMB ANIMALS" This breeding thing is not for the faint of heart.Again, I am so sorry.

Can't imagine how anyone would second guess your decision.

It sounds like you made the very best choice for the little guy.

Seems that something was off from the start, maybe the mare rejected him for a reason.

So sorry for you, it must be very hard.

I'm sorry for your loss Laura. Of course it was the right thing to do. The dam obviously realized something wasn't right with the foal and abandoned it. As far as Mia goes......I don't think being a "farm girl" is anything to worry about. She will be so much better equiped to handle what comes her way in life because of it.

Most of us have been through losing a foal or will have it happen. I feel so bad for u as it never gets easy.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the rest of foaling season is joyous and happy for you.

OH Laura, that is so sad. I came back on to the forum to see how you made out.

Maybe somehow the Mama knew there was something wrong? Animals are so smart.

Poor baby. playing with too many of mine at the bridge.

Hugs,

Robin

Laura...don't beat yourself up for making the right decision......sorry that you lost the little guy, but sometimes you have to make decisions that only you can make and that you know in your heart are right.....you still have the Moma and Daddy so you can reproduce what you have lost.....hugs!!

Mary B

Latest posts

Back