Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told hubby I'm going to get a vet out to sort this lady out but hubby said 'give me another month and I'll give my prediction'. He knows nothing about horse breeding but I must admit he was right in december when Sweety started getting bigger that it would be a march/april baby. How freaky

Here's Bindi. Her teats are starting to dissappear with the winter fur coming back kinda early so unless they get bigger i think they'll be lost for good.

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuddle bear today. Udders haven't progressed since last photo.

She seems a bit ravenous the last two days, so I'm wondering if she's getting enough. At the moment she's having half scoop Breeda, 1 scoop lucerne chaff and half scoop oats. She's scoffing it down like its going to dissapear on her and she's been calling out to me out of 'feeding' hours in the same tone of voice she uses when I bring the food over. She's in a grassy paddock, its short where she''s standing but its a bit longer down the back. Can someone let me know if her feed needs to be topped up? ta

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Sorry, more photos..........

Did my usual tail lift today and Sweety's tail felt like a floppy rope. I thought I'd felt a non resistent tail on Bindi but Sweety has showed me I was wrong lol She's been the same slightly agitated girl today, had a REALLY GOOD roll today. Her tummy doesn''t look any more dropped than yesterday but I noticed her bum looks smaller in some way, can't figure exactly what it is but it does look smaller. Udder about the same. She's been pressing against the trough with her bottom so must be uncomfy.

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0011.JPG

Sweety's hoohar is more droopy today. Her tail is still floppy.

DSC_0016.JPG

She's been shopping in the last day but somebody pointed her in to the wrong isle so she's got loads of skin but no milk.
default_frusty.gif

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

From that last picture I would say that the foal has moved forward - maybe she is going to be a mare who fully bags up at foaling??

I think you need to be watching her very closely from now on - perhaps check for her vulva changing from pink to red to give you her last minute signs rather than rely on her udder?
default_yes.gif

Just got my torch and went and had a look. This is her first time touched there but I managed to see in about a cm before she'd had enough. Looked like pastal baby pink, and her tail and hooha had a bit of strength back in them.

Aw thanks
default_rolleyes.gif

How long after her vulva goes red do you have before she foals, normally?

I usually say within 24 hours, but I believe others have had mares go a couple more days. All I know is that once a vulva turns that deep red I am not willing to leave a mare unsupervised for more than 5 -10 minutes!
default_yes.gif

She definitely looks like shes moving forward to me to!! Look at that belly how exciting
default_smile.png

So I was just looking at some photos on Google to see what colour the vulva changes to and realised I hadn't pulled Sweety's open enough to see in last night. . I only realised this when I saw a black mare's behind and the black skin went in about a cm before the pink was exposed. Anyways, did another check this arvo and Sweety's is still pink. Bit darker than her hooha skin but not as dark as I think you mean when you say red. Here's the colour, hopefully your screen is the same as mine lol

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Not too sure what that pink 'patch' above is supposed to show - but forgive me as it is early here (around 6am) and I've not had a good night so not really with it yet LOL!!

The colour we are saying to look for is a real blood red - caused by the blood rushing to the area as it 'opens' everything up ready for the birth. You may even see a few red streaks appearing in there a few days before as the blood starts to infiltrate the area, so keep watching!

haha, sorry, that was me trying to show the colour she is atm.

Will keep an eye out for changes

Yes Diane I do

This is Odette, she foaled that night.

5th june.JPG

This is Britt, she foaled 3 hours later.

vulva.JPG

I will try and find a pic of them before they were ready to compare the differences but anyway normally they are pale pink. (similar to my finger)

Hi!
default_saludando.gif
I havent had much time to post, but am still keeping up with the girls! I have some good before and after hooha pics of Izz so I thought I would chime in! The dates on the "before" pics is wrong...they were actually taken about two weeks or so before she foaled and the "after" pics are from that afternoon of the night she foaled...hope this helps!

post-43872-0-46473800-1358300535.jpg

post-43872-0-26150000-1358300570_thumb.jpg

post-43872-0-20914000-1358300635.jpg

post-43872-0-00389700-1358300709_thumb.jpg

Thanks, they are great photos. Shame about my 6 year old son walking in on me tho, EWWW he says. Now he probably thinks I have some serious issues haha.

Lol the others here already know but I had my Iphone stollen during foaling season and it was full of hooha pics
default_smile.png
I wish I could have seen the persona face when he opened it. Rofl

Went and had another look this morning and there appears to be some reddening in there now. Two bits near the entrance and some further in. The rest is still pale pink. I'll try my juggling skills this arvo and try to take a photo for you guys. And her tail is still floppy
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Never inspect under the tail with your mouth open. The tail is like a handle to a release valve. Lets just say I'll be more cautious next time
default_new_rofl.gif

Here's the vulva this arvo. What are your readings?

DSC_0012.JPG

Back