Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember her belly will change shape as the foal moves around at this stage so it is possible that some days she looks bigger than others.
default_yes.gif

We really do NEED some new pics of your girls

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok took some more photos and when comparing them to previous ones I think Bindi IS making steady progress (phew). I'm guessing she's around 2 - 3 months to go? My farrier has planted seeds of doubt in my mind about Sweety. He hasn't seen her but said they're lopsided when pregnant and I can't remember her every being lopsided. How fat can they get with a phantom pregnancy? Here's the girls.

DSC_0011.JPGDSC_0015.JPGDSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0009.JPGDSC_0006.JPGDSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0108.JPG

They are both looking wonderful. When i think back to Cocoas first pregnancy i remember her being lopsided, but its wasnt heaps lopsided and if i wasnt looking for it i probably wouldnt have noticed it. This recent pregnancy i dont really remember her looking lopsided but then again i wasnt looking for it because i had done a pregnancy test so i knew she was pregnant lol

So i cant really answer your question haha sorry
default_smile.png
But she does look pregnant to me

I'll wait till she pops something and send him a photo of what my false pregnancy has produced lol

Another way to find out is put your mobile phone on to vibrate only and get someone to call you, please the phone on her tummy about 20 cm in front of her udder, I bet you if there is a baby in there he will kick
default_yes.gif

haha yes well, I need to make some more time to get Sweet used to me touching her underneath. She doesn''t have a mental but she moves away when I get too low. Tried yesterday and kept persisting til she stood still and then left her alone as a reward.

I found an email where I was telling the former owner how Sweety was in season and had Waz covering her. Email date was 11 May 2012. Off those dates I've calculated she is now 280 days in foal and due 27 March if she has a 320 day pregnancy.

HA! I think Sweety has decided to start growing that udder! What do you guys reckon.

To make it easier I'll do a comparison with 29th Jan, which are the first in each angle shot.

DSC_0091.JPGDSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0090.JPGDSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0087.JPGDSC_0008.JPG

And here's the other lovely, with the same comparison

DSC_0094.JPGDSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0095.JPGDSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0088.JPGDSC_0005.JPG

Hey
default_smile.png
I didn't realise that your girls were so close to foaling LOL wow! have you got foal blankets ready for them for winter? lol poor little kids.

are you going to set them up on marestare?
default_smile.png

Well as you know I was kinda hoping Bindi had her baby closer to December and that obviously wasn't to happen lol. (Oh and sorry everyone for starting this thread so early, I really did think she was going to go over xmas haha)

Haven't got any foaling blankets yet, Sweety's bub'll be fine if she has it in the next 6 or 7 weeks (due 28 March) but if Bindi hangs on for a while longer I'll get one for hers. It doesn't start getting cold her till end of may. Gotta love Northern NSW! Is there a blanket pattern anyone knows about? I'd love to make one!

Sweety' udder looked the same today, which is awesome coz I was thinking she might be nasty and shrink it again. Bindi's hasn't changed but she was a little snot when I took udder shots today. Turned her butt on me and I looked up to see her looking at me with her ears back! I wasn't even touching her but obviously she wasn''t in mood today.

Anymore updates?? How are the girls doing?

I just realised that the date i guessed for Bindi to foal has passed, darn it lol

I know (sigh), either Wazza didn't drop his goods till April or Bindi is hard to fall into pregnancy.

Here's some pics from this arvo. I could be staring for too long but do you think Sweety might be starting to make the vertical plunge?

DSCF9803.JPG

DSCF9787.JPG

DSCF9795.JPG

Here's Bindi

DSCF9797.JPG

DSCF9788.JPG

DSCF9798.JPG

Bindi will have me wondering till her last few weeks I think. When I got her in April 2012 she'd already been running with Wazza for 5 months so I assumed she'd be pregnant and let them stay together till who knows when. I'm thinking it might've been June or July. Sweety took in May so I know Wazza was working and in theory Bindi should be just as far as Sweety since she had him 24/7.

Can muscle tone mask a pregnancy? Sweety is a slow and steady type of girl but Bindi prances and gallops any chance she gets, so is it possible that Bindi just has really good muscles holding it all in? She seems to be on par with Sweety when it comes to butt rubbing and I occasionally seem them at different times swishing their tails in agitation and then try to kick their stomachs few times. They both seem to have the same amount of discomfort going on there. Bindi actually rolls more than Sweety lately tho. I havent seen Sweety roll for about a week or two (hardly ever catch her at it) but I see Bindi do it every day. And it's almost always when she see's me bringing their feed out that she'll do it.

Filled out a bit more in 3 days yay! Sweety is officially 300 days today!!!!! She has no tail resistance today but maybe she's just in a relaxed mood.

March 3 then today (March 6)

DSCF9815.JPGDSC_0015.JPG

More from today.

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

Latest posts

Back